Proposal: Trouba all encompassing trade thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
If the Jets don't get the deal they want it will be over by Dec 1st....Because Trouba will not burn a year of salary and UFA eligibility....He will come back with his tail between his legs. Every 2 weeks that pass and every pay check JT misses the Jets turn up the heat more and more. The team just has to sit around the bubble line and fans won't put much heat on the GM. If we come out of the gate and go 3-10 then sure JT will start to get some leverage, but I think we are good enough to float along at .500 without him.
If the Jets are a bubble team without Trouba, why not just trade him? Surely ANY return will be better than nothing and solidify them as a playoff team?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Some of us do feel lucky (and obviously some don't). I suppose it comes down to whether you think the franchise is poised to become a perennial contender within the next few seasons, Trouba issue aside. I happen to think Chevy's patience for the past 5 years has served us well for the long term. You are welcome to disagree and we'll see who is right within a couple years.

You sure do seem worried about the Jets organization. Why so invested in what they do with Trouba?

I actually like your team, pretty much the only Canadian team I can get any emotional investment in come playoff time. I want them to do well to be honest.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Both sides
This is bad for Trouba
This is not helping a team that underachived last year

If it winds up poorly for Trouba, then he made his own bed.

They didn't underachieve whatsoever last season; they lost their #1C to a neck injury for the final 1/3 of the season, traded their captain, and began introducing a ton of youth to the roster (the last part was planned).

They are adding more kids to the roster this year as well. If it goes poorly, then they'll have a shot at drafting the #1 prospect - Nolan Patrick (from Winnipeg). Oh well.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Why do non jets fans think that the jets have no choice to give Jacob Trouba away for nothing?

Maybe the GM's job is on the line, maybe it is not. The jets will be in the playoffs this year with or with out Trouba and win at least one playoff game. You heard it hear first.

No one said they have to give away Trouba for peanuts.

I'm sure even right now Chevy has been made some pretty decent offers, just none that fit the very specific ask he has at this point in time.

He's going to get good value for the player, I don't doubt that at all.

I seriously question if he'll get anything close to that specific age/caliber comparable LD he asking for.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
If it winds up poorly for Trouba, then he made his own bed.

They didn't underachieve whatsoever last season; they lost their #1C to a neck injury for the final 1/3 of the season, traded their captain, and began introducing a ton of youth to the roster (the last part was planned).

They are adding more kids to the roster this year as well. If it goes poorly, then they'll have a shot at drafting the #1 prospect - Nolan Patrick (from Winnipeg). Oh well.

Back off he's ours. ;)

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
So you think they are going to go from "trade me" to "I'll sign a 4-5 year deal"?

Good lord. :shakehead

I personally think this is Jets shaking the crap out of Overhardt. "Nothing has changed" was the last jets tweet.

There are no deals that fit into the parameters. Especially if Trouba wants longish contract with more than 4.5 AAV.

Google Schroeder put on waivers. Same thing, but a lot better player.

If nobody offers a trade -> Trouba's valuation of self is faulty -> this is how it is exposed.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
By the sounds of things the last few pages, everything is coming up Jets. Even long-term holdouts appear to be just what the Jets needed.

Just dropping in to offer my congratulations.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
It is amazing how many people think the Jets are completely hooped here and will simply acquiesce and trade Trouba for less than his worth; if Trouba existed solely within a vacuum, then that would constitute a logical position.

The Jets have 10 first round picks age-23 or under in their organization right now though; that is a ton of currency right there. I wouldn't bet against Chevy throwing in a surprise add or two and turning him into an upgrade.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
By the sounds of things the last few pages, everything is coming up Jets. Even long-term holdouts appear to be just what the Jets needed.

Just dropping in to offer my congratulations.

I do not understand what you mean. Please explain

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It is amazing how many people think the Jets are completely hooped here and will simply acquiesce and trade Trouba for less than his worth; if Trouba existed solely within a vacuum, then that would constitute a logical position.

The Jets have 10 first round picks age-23 or under in their organization right now though; that is a ton of currency right there. I wouldn't bet against Chevy throwing in a surprise add or two and turning him into an upgrade.

It all depends on what Troubas worth is
Is he going to bring in what your GM says he wants? Bloody unlikely what GM is going to trade his young signed Dman for the equivalent unsigned Dman?

This is bad for everybody
Trouba sits on his butt which does not do him any good in the long run (he deserves it even if he's within his rights to do so)
This is bad for the Jets because at the end of the day they are a much better team with Trouba in the lineup and this type of distraction can't help the team going into a new season with there new stud prospect and a lot of hope roster wise

Your GM may win this and Trouba may break eventually but until then there are no winners in this
You guys will get a good haul for Trouba at the end of the day but this has the potential to derail your season before its even begun

Patrick does look good though

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
The Jets will either trade Trouba for equal value or let him sit. Period. TNSE is not going to get bullied and set a bad precedent for future RFAS. Craig Button put it best in this interview on the situation as a whole. What he said at the 7:20 mark speaks volumes on how TNSE is regarded by many within hockey circles. http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/button-trouba-will-be-traded-on-jets-terms-1.575015 .For the record, I agreed with everything he said there.
:laugh::laugh:

button got pretty heated during this

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Since Trouba doesn't have a valid contract, can he sign with any team in Europe?

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site

He has plenty of assets to move around. That's why he doesn't need to get only a LHD at the same age in return. He's not getting that only because I don't think another team would want to flip what they already have. Grass isn't always greener kind of thing.

He can go bigger on the trade or deal for a dman in a separate transaction.

But he should be proactive rather than reactive here. Jets fans saw what kind of distraction having buff and Ladd unsigned past the season last season did. Do they want to go through that again?

No one advocates giving him away. But, realize that this exact return isn't going to happen. Decide who you covet from the teams that have called and work on a deal to get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino