GDT: Traverse City 2019 Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Looking at the defense and goalies they should have a better showing than the usual. The forward depth could be better but the top end is lol good.
Yeah at Traverse if you're a one line team, it's no big deal. One line can win you all the games at TC if you're good on the back end.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
#45:

Dale Purinton 2000
Steve Valiquette 2004
Dmitri Kalinin 2009
Jody Shelley 2010
Kris Newbury 2011-2012
Arron Asham 2013-2014
James Sheppard 2015
Magnus Hellberg 2016-2017

New York Rangers Sweater Numbers | Hockey-Reference.com
DSaX-32VAAAWDKo.jpg

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’d love to see them load up with Kravtsov Henriksson and Kakko on a top line

Then like a legit AHL Line:

Newell Jones Elmer

Then throw the rest of the forwards in a blender for all I care.

On D:

Robertson Fox
Rykov Keane
Reunanen Skinner

Gross Landry the 7th and 8th

Shesterkin and Huska

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Newell Jones Elmer

On D:

Robertson Fox
Rykov Keane
Reunanen Skinner

Shesterkin and Huska
This looks fine to me. They should be able to win this tournament with the two forward lines so long as their stacked defense and goaltending show up.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Newell Jones Elmer

On D:

Robertson Fox
Rykov Keane
Reunanen Skinner

Shesterkin and Huska

I think they'll use a AHL guy as the top center. Henriksson is too young and raw to be leading the group out there.

He obviously has a lot more potential, but I don't think that at this exact moment he's the best center of that group.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Sloppy seconds, at least Shelley and Kalinin had it as far as I can recall.

I wonder which numbers — nobody — ever used for this organization?

Gilmour has 58 but have we had a 57 or 59? 60? Surely no 66 but that is too lame. 50 (Lias??)? 65?

Maybe he should bring back Davidson’s “00”. :)

98, 85, 83, 79, 78, 69*, 66, 65, 64, 60, 59, 57, 52, weren't used.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If you were Karl Henriksson, would you want to play in preseason games for your SHL team or would you like the opportunity to get into games with either Kakko or Kravtsov on your wing?

He should be able to play in preseason games too, right?

The question isn't pre-season in Sweden or pre-season in North America. It's pro hockey in Europe or pre-season in North America. CHL starts this week. He could have played and gained some valuable experience playing on the men's team

Reactions: Joey Bones

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The question isn't pre-season in Sweden or pre-season in North America. It's pro hockey in Europe or pre-season in North America. CHL starts this week. He could have played and gained some valuable experience playing on the men's team
He'll be fine here. You always say that the Swedish and Finnish teams play their JV squads during the group stage of the CHL. When do they have to report for Traverse? Couldn't he play the first two games in the CHL on 8/30 and 9/1 and then come here to play TCT, missing only the game against whatever the hell Graz99ers is?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He'll be fine here. You always say that the Swedish and Finnish teams play their JV squads during the group stage of the CHL. When do they have to report for Traverse? Couldn't he play the first two games in the CHL on 8/30 and 9/1 and then come here to play TCT, missing only the game against whatever the hell Graz99ers is?

Frölunda plays Graz 99ers (Austria) and Mountfield (Czech Republic). If his intention is to stay in North America, I understand the decision. I don't think TCT is more challenging than CHL, but he gets to play with Kakko and Kravtsov so that's a bonus.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Frölunda plays Graz 99ers (Austria) and Mountfield (Czech Republic). If his intention is to stay in North America, I understand the decision. I don't think TCT is more challenging than CHL, but he gets to play with Kakko and Kravtsov so that's a bonus.
I'm just saying, the first two CHL games are days before TCT starts. Is it not possible for him to play the first two games, then come over for TCT? That way he would only miss two CHL games (assuming he was slated to play in them to begin with).

I don't know if the Rangers would want him to do that, or if Frolunda would be interested, either. Just from a logistical standpoint, it's totally doable.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Really like that we have Zerter-Gossage there. Whenever I watched Fox last season he always stood out. Real good shot

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm just saying, the first two CHL games are days before TCT starts. Is it not possible for him to play the first two games, then come over for TCT? That way he would only miss one CHL game (assuming he was slated to play in it to begin with).

I don't think they'd have him fly over last minute for that. He will probably travel to NA after the weekend

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't think they'd have him fly over last minute for that. He will probably travel to NA after the weekend
You're a global traveler. Flying out late on the 1st for something on the 6th isn't crazy. I mean even taking off the 3rd, you'd still be able to practice the 4th and 5th. I feel like Lias did worse, LOL.

Anyway, it's probably all moot as neither team is probably super interested in my proposed arrangement.

FWIW, I agree that the CHL games are probably more worthwhile developmentally.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You're a global traveler. Flying out late on the 1st for something on the 6th isn't crazy. I mean even taking off the 3rd, you'd still be able to practice the 4th and 5th. I feel like Lias did worse, LOL.

Anyway, it's probably all moot as neither team is probably super interested in my proposed arrangement.

FWIW, I agree that the CHL games are probably more worthwhile developmentally.

While I do fly across the Atlantic regularly, it's not to play any sports so that makes it a bit easier. Henriksson being invited is a great sign of what they see in the kid. I'm a bit surprised Frölunda agreed to it

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad