GDT: Traverse City 2019 Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I don't think we usually see guys who have played two full years as pros--like Fontaine or Gropp have. Most teams will bringsa player or players with one full year though. That happens with most teams every year. The thing with Ronning and Gettinger is both have played in three of these tournaments. Both might be there though--to me though the guy that I'd say was most likely is Meskanen--one full year in North America--first half better than second half last year or at least statistically. Ronning would be next--he was the captain of last year's team but spent most of the year in the ECHL.

i totally agree it would be atypical to bring many of those guys again, i just see this year as atypical

re Meskanen, his having 3 full years in Liiga before coming over, and turning 24 in a few weeks, is why i think he would be unlikely

typically any guys they bring back after a pro year have been very early 20's ages

but that very small list - 4 - of NYR signed or drafted rookie Fs (no CHL eligible Fs) , coupled with new staff, is why anything might happen and i won't be surprised

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
If you were Karl Henriksson, would you want to play in preseason games for your SHL team or would you like the opportunity to get into games with either Kakko or Kravtsov on your wing?

He should be able to play in preseason games too, right?

Reactions: haveandare

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Surprised a guy like Newell who's 23 and going d+6 season is eligible for this. The age has to be capped somewhere, I'd assume U24 or U25?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If you were Karl Henriksson, would you want to play in preseason games for your SHL team or would you like the opportunity to get into games with either Kakko or Kravtsov on your wing?

He should be able to play in preseason games too, right?

I think he's gotta be signed to an ELC to be able to play in preseason games, no?

Reactions: Leetch3

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And Fox is wearing 23 now after taking all his rookie photos wearing 88? Kid changes his number every other week lol

Reactions: Joey Bones

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Maser is big but that's it. Salinitri had some injuries that slowed his development. Not being offered a contract, those guys rarely become anything. I wouldn't mind an AHL deal for Salinitri.

I have liked Brett Kemp. He has a nice shot. He's not the best skater, though. I also am intrigued by Kade Landry.

Shawn McBride was the one guy who was in Hartford on a PTO who didn't get a deal. I see he's back. He's an AHL grinder at best, but I guess this is a chance to win a contract (AHL) for him.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
love the goalies and d...great to see 7 d prospects that matter.

kind of weak up front...only 6 wingers. and aside from kakko, kravtsov and henriksson none really matter...we all knew that the forward depth wasn't on par with blueline but pretty glaring here.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

kind of weak up front...only 6 wingers. and aside from kakko, kravtsov and henriksson none really matter...we all knew that the forward depth wasn't on par with blueline but pretty glaring here.

True but overall they are fine w young prospects , Chytil , Andersson , Howden, Barron

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Guys like Newell and Elmer should be able to handle this tournament. Not exciting guys, but this is their level.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There's literally not a single number chosen in the single-digits and only one under 30. Doesn't really look like anyone (well, a small handful) is wearing their regular number. I think these are just placeholders for the tournament.

Reactions: Joey Bones

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
And Fox is wearing 23 now after taking all his rookie photos wearing 88? Kid changes his number every other week lol
I wouldn't put any stock into the numbers at this camp. 88 will likely be his number in the NHL. The players got to choose what numbers they wanted for the NHLPA event, the team normally picks the numbers for a Ranger event until they formally ask the player what number they want.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
45 is a number you give some kid as a one game callup

Not the savior of the franchise imo

Hope Boo gives him 24
I don't think it'll end up his number, but I feel a lot of people associate good numbers based on former players. If Kakko becomes a star, 45 will start being a number for a franchise savior, I suppose. It's probably just a place holder. He'd make a better 45 than Arron Asham though...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Biggest surprise for me is Henriksson. Any chance he's playing in North America this year? But to me it's a good thing we get to see him and maybe with either or both of Kakko--Kravtsov on his wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad