GDT: Training Camp 2021: Everyone Else Too Lazy to Make a Thread

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Trouba has the most disingenuous smile I've ever seen.
Reminds me of this
peK4POL.jpg

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008

I'm cool with giving Alternate Cs out until someone claims the captaincy. I think the only time the captaincy matters is when there is a true leader on a team. Those are very rare in my estimation. That rare combination of a player who knows how to lead in the locker room and also by their play. It's not enough to just be a lunch pale guy who can lead in the room -- or an elite player who can take over a game. A true leader is both and is very rare. If you don't have that player then captaincy by committee is, IMHO, more ideal.

So, i'm fine with just having As until someone steps up as that leader. And if that someone is Alexis Lafreniere.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Hey listen, its a short season. Everything is different. Anything is possible. They have the horses to make a run at it.

I just threw 100$ on them making the dance. Honestly think the chances are better than most think, but It's not like I'm expecting it.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
But other than the fourth line the pieces are largely in place, they just have to develop. Kakko developing into a legit 2RW probably skyrockets that second line into the top 10, Chytil and Lafreniere developing probably do the same for the third line. Kravtsov arriving and making an impact probably gives a huge boost somewhere too.
for sure but the what ifs need to deliver. we DO have much to be optimistic about! Barron is a player we are all looking forward to developing in a top tier 4th liner.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Just caught up and saw Mika had covid. People need to give him a very long leash this season bc it could significantly be affecting him for the actual entire season. All the chief symptoms might be gone in 2 months but it will likely negatively impact his ability to even get back to the right shape and put him a step behind for a very long time. His immune system organs and body have been through a war.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
annnnnd... that's why he's not Captain :laugh:

going in with doubt already... Making the playoffs should be an expectation AND goal.
If he wants to be a real leader and set the bar higher for the club , he would come out flying and paste at least one Isle after a few shoves at the opposing winger on the draw at first chance...let them know they are in for a GAME . We don't want a Jersey Devil /Ranger start of the period scrapfest....just let them know we won't be F'ed with . Can't wait.....geesh...I HATE the Fishsticks....

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
annnnnd... that's why he's not Captain :laugh:

going in with doubt already... Making the playoffs should be an expectation AND goal.
Disagree. Being realistic is an important quality to have. Nothing wrong with being realistic here. He's 100% right. We aren't at that point where making the playoffs is the expectation.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Just caught up and saw Mika had covid. People need to give him a very long leash this season bc it could significantly be affecting him for the actual entire season. All the chief symptoms might be gone in 2 months but it will likely negatively impact his ability to even get back to the right shape and put him a step behind for a very long time. His immune system organs and body have been through a war.

That's a scary but very possible thought. We as a society still don't know the lasting effects, but people have experienced things like not being able to think clearly. You can't play high-level hockey if your head is fuzzy.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad