GDT: Training Camp 2021: Everyone Else Too Lazy to Make a Thread

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Just caught up and saw Mika had covid. People need to give him a very long leash this season bc it could significantly be affecting him for the actual entire season. All the chief symptoms might be gone in 2 months but it will likely negatively impact his ability to even get back to the right shape and put him a step behind for a very long time. His immune system organs and body have been through a war.

Im sure they will be cautious but odds are he will be fine. He's young and fit. I know several young people in their 20's and 30's including my daughter who tested positive and they all had only mild symptoms and were fine with no lasting issues.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Im sure they will be cautious but odds are he will be fine. He's young and fit. I know several young people in their 20's and 30's including my daughter who tested positive and they all had only mild symptoms and were fine with no lasting issues.
Or the 100s of other pro athletes around the world who got it

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Odds are that he's fine since he's back skating and ready to play but it affects people in different ways...young and fit people seem to be pretty safe but some people have had it hit them super hard and had complications even if they were young and healthy

So, still hope no one's career ends up ruined because of this

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Was going to make an “independent” post on this subject but this is a pretty good lead in:

I think pretty much everyone on the team has something to proof and / or carry a big chip on their shoulder after last season. The way they entered the bubble and in a blink of an eye exited surely left a lot of bad taste even for those who had a pretty good regular season.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Odds are that he's fine since he's back skating and ready to play but it affects people in different ways...young and fit people seem to be pretty safe but some people have had it hit them super hard and had complications even if they were young and healthy

So, still hope no one's career ends up ruined because of this

Yea, Id be cautious and wouldn’t just laugh it off but I wouldn’t lose my mind either.

These guys are young professional athletes. Of course, there’s always that unknown risk, but I’m unaware of any professional athletes in the USA who’ve gotten it and had life or career altering effects.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
so like why have we not heard anything about Kakko this TC?

What do you mean? In each of the live streamed scrimmages they had a well produced segment featuring each young player trying to make the team and their added responsibilities. How they trained in the off-season, interviews and such. It was really entertaining/informative.

What have you been watching this training camp?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
What do you mean? In each of the live streamed scrimmages they had a well produced segment featuring each young player trying to make the team and their added responsibilities. How they trained in the off-season, interviews and such. It was really entertaining/informative.

What have you been watching this training camp?
damn must have missed his segment

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
He was mentioned a few times - all positive. But I think the attention has gone to Lafreniere, Shesterkin and Miller.

I want to say he and Laf had a little friendly completion earlier in the camp.
Sounded like he and Shesterkin were getting after it a bit as well.

Reactions: McSauer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad