GDT: Training Camp 2021: Everyone Else Too Lazy to Make a Thread

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Throwing Mika in there seems kind of disingenuous.

Its like "Hey! Instead of pacing at the rate of a Richard winner, if he regresses to his career averages he'd still be a 40 goal scorer over 82 games!"

Like no shit, he isn't going to shoot 20% again.
You mean he's not gonna score 60 goals?

Welp, there goes the season.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
So is Mika a definite scratch tomorrow, or a GTD? Sorry if this has been asked and answered previously.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
@Loffen

tenor.gif

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not to harp on the point but it still blows my mind that this team couldn't offer 3x2 to the best bottom 6 player we've had in a long time.
Yup. I understand the "logic" with regards to the cap and the bonus cushion and not wanting to go three years and all that, but it still seems like we could have kept him if we really wanted to. I mean I'd sooner trade someone like Lemieux than lose Fast for those terms. Or just plan to go with Bitetto and not sign Johnson, and not have Rooney on the active roster or whatever.

Reactions: Fitzy and LokiDog

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah so by the look of it I was right and Miller will only be used primarily at Even Strength to start his career. Probably the right way to ease him in.

A little surprised to see Vince suggest Buchnevich will be a regular penalty killer when Lemieux isn't listed--- since Brendan isnt on PP2 any longer he's gonna be looking at like 6 minutes a game, not ideal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad