GDT: Training Camp 2021: Everyone Else Too Lazy to Make a Thread

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Both had career seasons that crushed their previous performances. They were easy targets for this article. It's honestly a good question. Can they replicate what they just did for a 2nd season in a row?

The articles can also be a little deceptive too.

Over an 82 game schedule, Zibanejad scored at a 59 goal/108 point pace, while ADA scored at a 18 goal/64 point pace.

Essentially, they could slip to 45/95 and 15/60 respectively and it would count as a "regression".

Having said that, I don't know what pace they can maintain this season. I feel like ADA's climb actually started the season prior in 2019, while Zibanejad's climb goes all the way back to the latter part of 2018. So they have that going for them.

Last edited:

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Even if he can learn some grappling skills like Kreider and Barry Beck before them...it helps .
That’s where Miller will end up overwhelming even the few remaining goons. If his grip strength was tops at the combine imagine how strong he is after 2.5 years and all the time at Prentiss.

Reactions: leetch99

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
None yet. But my mother-in-law is staying with us at the moment, so I should probably be on my third bottle by dinner time.

But I agree, this is perhaps THE most unique time in modern history for this team.

There's arguably more prospect potential on the board than at any point in franchise history (the only real challenger would be the early 90s).

On top of that, there's legit high-end NHL talent on the board.

They can arguably make a competitive offer for most players they could want or need.

You've got legit, franchise-level potential on this roster. I mean honestly, prior to this fall, Kakko was in rare company in franchise history for how he was viewed. Lafreniere is beyond even that. There is literally no point of reference for this as a franchise.

Consider that we have a group of defenseman, age 26 and younger, that includes Trouba, DeAnglo, Lundkvist, Schneider, Fox,Robertson, Lindgren, Miller, and Jones and that it is not possible to have all of them on the roster at the same time. I mean just reflect on that for a second. It's absolutely insane.
And that is about the best way to sum it up. The early 90s were exciting with Graves, Leetch, Richter, Amonte, Weight. But this feels way beyond that.

Reactions: haveandare

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Throwing Mika in there seems kind of disingenuous.

Its like "Hey! Instead of pacing at the rate of a Richard winner, if he regresses to his career averages he'd still be a 40 goal scorer over 82 games!"

Like no shit, he isn't going to shoot 20% again.
Not only that but he’s coming off of having Covid which will most certainly slow him down by getting back into shape.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Throwing Mika in there seems kind of disingenuous.

Its like "Hey! Instead of pacing at the rate of a Richard winner, if he regresses to his career averages he'd still be a 40 goal scorer over 82 games!"

Like no shit, he isn't going to shoot 20% again.

yep was just gonna say this...last year he was on pace for 59 goals, 108 points. saying he won't score 60 isn't what i'd consider a regression

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I keep checking to see if MSG will run a season preview like they have every year. Nothing from what I can tell.

Really surprising

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
The articles can also be a little deceptive too.

Over an 82 game schedule, Zibanejad scored at a 59 goal/108 point pace while ADA scored at a 18 goal/64 point pace.

Essentially, they could slip to 45/95 and 15/60 respectively and it was count as a "regression".

Having said that, I don't know what pace they can maintain this season. I feel like ADA's climb actually started the season prior in 2019, while Zibanejad's climb goes all the way back to the latter part of 2018. So they have that going for them.
Exactly, some regression from either player would still lead to better than value performances for both of them. Under their current production, ADA and Zib provide some of the best bang for your buck in the league.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Would be great if the team could announce alternate captains already

I’ve been holding off getting a Trouba Jersey until it’s officially announced

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think it will be interesting to see just how Gauthier reacts when somebody is unhappy after being plastered by a rookie....it will get interesting very quick. These games are going to get intense really fast in a divisional based schedule...basically all 4 point games now . Gauthier is big enough and strong enough to handle this peacemaker role....the question is does he have that in him ? If he does...he can expect to be protected by the Rangers at the draft...or else he will have a new mailing address on the Pacific coast of the US . I would not be overly shocked to see Lemieux on the Laf line at some point that first game . Laf will be a target of the Isles....they know Rangers will retaliate and they might pull a couple of PP's out of it and they have the yellow rats like Komorov-Cluttersuck and such that won't think twice about it . It should be fun !

I think Laf can take things into his own hands. I mean if Ovechkin can drop the gloves, I dont see why Laf can't either. I have a feeling he will have that element in his game. he seems like the physical skilled player. not someone like Crosby who hides behind the refs and dives

Reactions: leetch99

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I have no expectations for Mika right now. No idea how he is feeling or what his stamina is, after covid. He looked like shit in his team photo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad