Training camp 2017

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Carpenter hasn't really been standing out. He had a great run last season, but so far this year, Tierney has put a lot more into showing he deserves that 4c spot.

I think O'Regan had a real chance to show what we could do in game 2 with Joe and Jannik. Whereas Ryan took the opportunity and flourished next to Burns, O'Regan found himself center the 3rd line before the end of the game.

Sorenson. There is a lot to like about his game. His speed is obviously an amazing asset. Strong on the puck, sacrifices to make the play, it's all good. But he doesn't get the puck in the net! The game in SAP I saw him do some amazing things. But he doesn't get the puck in the net!

And then finally Heed. Ryan showed tonight that he is the superior all-around defenseman. Even beating out DeMelo. Heed didn't score enough.

Sorenson and Heed are the hardest questions in my mind.

That leaves a final line up of:

Jumbo - Pavs - Hansen
Donskoi - Couture - Boedker
Timo - Hertl - Karlsson
Ward -Tierney - Labanc
Goodrow

Burns - Martin
Vlasic - Braun
Ryan - Dillion
DeMelo

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Carpenter hasn't really been standing out. He had a great run last season, but so far this year, Tierney has put a lot more into showing he deserves that 4c spot.

I think O'Regan had a real chance to show what we could do in game 2 with Joe and Jannik. Whereas Ryan took the opportunity and flourished next to Burns, O'Regan found himself center the 3rd line before the end of the game.

Sorenson. There is a lot to like about his game. His speed is obviously an amazing asset. Strong on the puck, sacrifices to make the play, it's all good. But he doesn't get the puck in the net! The game in SAP I saw him do some amazing things. But he doesn't get the puck in the net!

And then finally Heed. Ryan showed tonight that he is the superior all-around defenseman. Even beating out DeMelo. Heed didn't score enough.

Sorenson and Heed are the hardest questions in my mind.

That leaves a final line up of:

Jumbo - Pavs - Hansen
Donskoi - Couture - Boedker
Timo - Hertl - Karlsson
Ward -Tierney - Labanc
Goodrow

Burns - Martin
Vlasic - Braun
Ryan - Dillion
DeMelo

Heed didn't score enough? 3 points in 2 games isn't enough? 4 if you count shootout goals as points.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If Ryan shows he can play with Burns and be the long term Burns partner maybe we see the pairings

Vlasic-Braun
Ryan-Burns
Martin-Dillon

We could even trade Dillon recoup a 2nd or some other picks

Vlasic-Braun
Ryan-Burns
Martin-Heed

I'd actually be very okay with these but I think we need to give Ryan-Burns a try.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Well, sounds like Boedker and Meier are doing well. Improvement from those two could really really alleviate the loss of Marleau.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

Since no one is on waivers it could only be the players who are exempt like Balcers, Chartier, Bibeau, Clifton, Helewka, Bergman, Middleton, Simek, Sandberg, DeSimone, O'Regan, Rod and Labanc.

I am not saying those are all the guys sent down, but it's probably a lot of them.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Since no one is on waivers it could only be the players who are exempt like Balcers, Chartier, Bibeau, Clifton, Helewka, Bergman, Middleton, Simek, Sandberg, DeSimone, O'Regan, Rod and Labanc.

I am not saying those are all the guys sent down, but it's probably a lot of them.

Simek is still there. Apparently Dillon and Martin are both missing so Simek-Demelo pairing and Ryan doing double duty with Heed and Burns.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

So Noah Rod's heading back to Europe.

Frankly, if he was going to play the way he did for the Barracuda last year, that's fine. For someone with the reputation of being a physical agitator, he was doing his best to shy away from contact at all costs, resulting in him contributing basically nothing. He obviously (still) thinks he's too good for the AHL.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Well, sounds like Boedker and Meier are doing well. Improvement from those two could really really alleviate the loss of Marleau.

I hope that Boedker is actually improving. It's possible that we already know who he is as a player but I always think that Tippett's style of hockey and coaching is fundamentally detrimental for forwards.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
In addition to Jumbo, other vets who haven't played in the first week include Martin and Ward.

My guess is they are "known" so they'll only be looked at as to how they fit with other players.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Nabby with the disallowed goal!

I played against Nabby a couple of years ago and he is a damn good skater (and in goalie skates, seriously). He had this nasty cackle he did coming through the neutral zone, intimidating and really weird all at the same time. What a character.

Hannan played in the same game, and he was still in some serious shape.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00