Training camp 2017

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Anderson certainly isn't worth our best D prospect and an up-and-coming forward.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
At least the forced ignores are off for now. haha

I was quite surprised to look at my notifications and see that you replied to my post. :laugh:

Anyway, LeBrun expects DW to try and find a replacement for Patty at some point: https://www.fanragsports.com/lebrun-gm-forecasts-busier-nhl-trade-market-this-season/

“San Jose, very quietly, they lose Patrick Marleau and didn’t replace him. But I think they can do that at some point here, and Doug Wilson isn’t afraid to make trades.

Mar 1, 2002
Anderson certainly isn't worth our best D prospect and an up-and-coming forward.

Roy would be the 5th or 6th best defensive prospect and that up and coming forward couldn't make the Jackets roster....in exchange for a 6'3'' 220 lb 23 year old with 17 ES goals last year.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Great that Heed doesn't have to be locked in to 7th spot (I assume we would have lost him on waivers). So can move Ryan, Heed, Simek, and even Middleton back and forth as needed for that 7th spot.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
The Chartier news is very disappointing. It was fun watching him absolutely light up the W a couple years back but it's looking less and less likely he'll even see an NHL game. Regardless of his future in pro hockey, hopefully, there are no lasting effects from that concussion.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Chartier also disappeared off the roster page (today, I think), so I'm assuming he's been sent down.

Down to 31.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I am pretty sure we all found out this heed news last year when every one thought he had to be on waivers last year also.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Gackle just posted the lines too. On mobile so I'm not gonna imbed the tweet but

Tierney-Thornton-Labanc
Boedker-Couture-Donskoi
Hansen-Hertl-Meier
Karlsson-Carpenter-Ward

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Heed
Ryan-Demelo

I feel like that second line is practically set now.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Gackle just posted the lines too. On mobile so I'm not gonna imbed the tweet but

Tierney-Thornton-Labanc
Boedker-Couture-Donskoi
Hansen-Hertl-Meier
Karlsson-Carpenter-Ward

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Heed
Ryan-Demelo

I feel like that second line is practically set now.

Seems like the entire roster is.

Pavelski slots into Tierney’s 1st line spot. Tierney’s slots into Carpenter’s 4c. Other than that, it’s pretty much what we have been expecting for a bit.

I do like the idea of Tierney on the wing though. He is actually pretty good along the boards. If they run Karlsson - Tierney - Ward, for any length of time this year, I would expect good things. All 3 of those guys are solid player - much better than some of the plugs we’ve had over the years. The reduced work load should be good for Ward as well.

Other than that, it’s probably about the same as last year. Marleau is gone, but hopefully Boedker has a better year, Hertl is more practiced at center, and Timo/Labanc are both a year older.

The fact that we are still 10 million off the cap is actually kind of crazy. We have the money for a 1c if DW can find someone.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Seems like the entire roster is.

Pavelski slots into Tierney’s 1st line spot. Tierney’s slots into Carpenter’s 4c. Other than that, it’s pretty much what we have been expecting for a bit.

I do like the idea of Tierney on the wing though. He is actually pretty good along the boards. If they run Karlsson - Tierney - Ward, for any length of time this year, I would expect good things. All 3 of those guys are solid player - much better than some of the plugs we’ve had over the years. The reduced work load should be good for Ward as well.

Other than that, it’s probably about the same as last year. Marleau is gone, but hopefully Boedker has a better year, Hertl is more practiced at center, and Timo/Labanc are both a year older.

The fact that we are still 10 million off the cap is actually kind of crazy. We have the money for a 1c if DW can find someone.
The biggest problem with finding a 1C is we don't have the expendable pieces. Who are we going to trade for a Tavares or Duchene?

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
We just trade Norris, Bergman, Donskoi and a 2018 1st, 2019 2nd for Tavares.

Meier-Tavares-Pavelski
Hertl-Thornton-Boedker
Labanc-Couture-Hansen
Karlsson-Tierney-Ward

Do it DW.

Then when Thornton retires we just move it on up

Meier-Tavares-Pavelski
Hertl-Couture-Boedker
Labanc-Tierney-xxxx
Karlsson-Carpenter-xxxx

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
We just trade Norris, Bergman, Donskoi and a 2018 1st, 2019 2nd for Tavares.

Meier-Tavares-Pavelski
Hertl-Thornton-Boedker
Labanc-Couture-Hansen
Karlsson-Tierney-Ward

Do it DW.

Then when Thornton retires we just move it on up

Meier-Tavares-Pavelski
Hertl-Couture-Boedker
Labanc-Tierney-xxxx
Karlsson-Carpenter-xxxx
That's awful for the Isles.

Ad