Training camp 2017

Princeton

Aug 24, 2009
Aside from Burns and Vlasic, it's a pretty average group. But hey if you take out any teams top 2 D the group is more often than not going to be average. We don't have a bad D group. Just a dumbass coach that isn't great at realizing we need offense from D.

To everyone who answered my questions....thank you.

Trust me it was in no way a slight against the Sharks.

Just some thoughts. While Marleau is a hall of famer for yourselves I think you dodged a bullet compared to what the Leafs offered.

I think Hertl and Donskoi and Labanc will take big steps forward. Labanc maybe later in the year as he's been sluggish in camp from what i have read. (If that's incorrect don't blame me, just read all the threads).

I see how he lists pairs of 2 on forward with the other wing somewhat interchangable but what are you all thinking for your top 6-7D?

Good Luck this year. Cheers

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Funny thing is I've read one report on here about Labanc being underwhelming on the first day, then a report from Gackle that he looks improved physically.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
To everyone who answered my questions....thank you.

Trust me it was in no way a slight against the Sharks.

Just some thoughts. While Marleau is a hall of famer for yourselves I think you dodged a bullet compared to what the Leafs offered.

I think Hertl and Donskoi and Labanc will take big steps forward. Labanc maybe later in the year as he's been sluggish in camp from what i have read. (If that's incorrect don't blame me, just read all the threads).

I see how he lists pairs of 2 on forward with the other wing somewhat interchangable but what are you all thinking for your top 6-7D?

Good Luck this year. Cheers

The top 5 D are definitely set with

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-xxx

The last spot with go to either Demelo (most likely option) or Heed (most popular option)

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
I hope Middleton develops quickly. I like his size and d game.

I like his game a lot as well. He's progressed quickly. But he's still only 21, so I think they can afford patience with him especially with all the older D in the system (Ryan, Heed, Simek)

Speedy Creek

Jul 9, 2007
How has Meier looked in camp?

Is he a sure thing to make team ... assuming yes, would a 30+ point season seem realistic

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Looking through the Devils GDTs with Mueller, it's kinda crazy that he's passing the eye test for a lot of their fans. Not saying they're crazy but it's been like over a year since he's passed an eye test with the Barracuda.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I would laugh myself silly if Mueller actually became a top-4 NHL D.

Mueller was a perfectly serviceable defenseman before DeBoer came. His biggest flaw is just that he makes stupid decisions. In a tightly structured defense, he was pretty okay. DeBoer just expects more creativity from his defense than some other coachs.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Mueller was a perfectly serviceable defenseman before DeBoer came. His biggest flaw is just that he makes stupid decisions. In a tightly structured defense, he was pretty okay. DeBoer just expects more creativity from his defense than some other coachs.

.... What? He's played 15 games under DeBoer. And he was far from serviceable before that.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

What? Mueller doesn't process what he sees quickly enough. That can't be hidden or coached into a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00