Training camp 2017

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The reply section i like though. No longer have to go to the desktop version on my mobile just to be able to do anything other then a simple text poat.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The Sharks still haven't waived anyone, so I'm guessing all the waiver eligible guys are gonna play tonight.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Josh Anderson requested a trade. Anderson would look great pretty much anywhere in our lineup. No idea what CLB would be looking for though.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Josh Anderson requested a trade. Anderson would look great pretty much anywhere in our lineup. No idea what CLB would be looking for though.

Might make a good long term replacement for Ward. Out side of Hertl, I've always felt we are a bit small/weak along the boards. Boedker's soft play obviously doesn't help much in that regard, despite having the frame for it.

Maybe Goodrow+? He is NHL ready and has shown some promise. Just can't crack the roster.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Might make a good long term replacement for Ward. Out side of Hertl, I've always felt we are a bit small/weak along the boards. Boedker's soft play obviously doesn't help much in that regard, despite having the frame for it.

Maybe Goodrow+? He is NHL ready and has shown some promise. Just can't crack the roster.
I think it would take more than Goodrow. Probably something around O'Regan/Roy+

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I think it would take more than Goodrow. Probably something around O'Regan/Roy+

I'd do O'Regan + Roy. No plus though. O'Regan was AHL Rookie of the Year last season. Okay, maybe he isn't McDavid, but I would think that would earn him some clout. I suggested Goodrow because to replace what was lost. I would think Goodie in the same role as Josh would be good for at least 10+10 while keeping that same big bodied, strong board presence. Might still develop into an equivalent player for less money.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
For Josh Anderson? The Jackets protected him over William Karlsson AND gave up a 1st rounder to Vegas......they would need a LOT more than the offers here. Way more.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
It'll take ALOT more than just Goodrow/O'Regan as main pieces to get Anderson

I don't see it. One good season, poor career Corsi relative, and an inflated PDO. Add in the attitude and the salary/term demands? Too much risk involved to demand a higher valuation. Look at Matt Nieto. He scored as well as Anderson, had league leading Corsi stats, and failed to mature. Is now on his way out of the league stuck to Colorados 4th line. Josh Anderson is holding out for three year because he knows how fickle this league can be. This may be is one shot at the big time. There is little to suggest he would be better than a mid-6 player, with equal odds saying bottom-6 is where he'll stay. The league is full of those types of players, players who have a longer track record to boot.

Keep in mind that he can probably be gotten with an offer sheet for a 2nd. Mueller got a 2nd and a 4th. Goodrow or O'Regan is going to be worth at least something similiar. Add you sweeten the deal with a plus. Completely fair valuation IMO.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't see it. One good season, poor career Corsi relative, and an inflated PDO. Add in the attitude and the salary/term demands? Too much risk involved to demand a higher valuation. Look at Matt Nieto. He scored as well as Anderson, had league leading Corsi stats, and failed to mature. Is now on his way out of the league stuck to Colorados 4th line. Josh Anderson is holding out for three year because he knows how fickle this league can be. This may be is one shot at the big time. There is little to suggest he would be better than a mid-6 player, with equal odds saying bottom-6 is where he'll stay. The league is full of those types of players, players who have a longer track record to boot.

Keep in mind that he can probably be gotten with an offer sheet for a 2nd. Mueller got a 2nd and a 4th. Goodrow or O'Regan is going to be worth at least something similiar. Add you sweeten the deal with a plus. Completely fair valuation IMO.
I wouldn't give much up for him either but that's probably not a price that Jarmo would accept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad