Trades, Rumours, Expansion and Free Agency? Interview Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think it's because he handles the puck so well and is such a great skater.

Wingers tend to just use their speed to fly down the wing on a rush... whereas if Nylander was a center, he could carry the puck up the ice and gain the offensive zone and then look for a pass.

He seems like a guy who can very much control the play and he's better positioned to do that from center.

I think having Matthews with Nylander is a bit redundant. I would rather Matthews with Marner.

Also, Kadri was essentially playing a in 3rd line checking role this past season and he did amazing. So having Kadri as our third center behind Matthews and Nylander is exactly what we want.

Nylander is a natural C. He plays like a C and everything and people dont understand why people want to play him at C???

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Just chalk up the Leafs being in on every worthwhile player out there. What happened to the mgmt that doesn't let anything out to the media or do people not believe in that anymore? When mgmt doesn't let anything out to the public, the media has to come up with some rumours to balance it out.

think about it.
July 1st is on a saturday this year, so ppl will be doubly NOT at home.
best way to get eyeballs/chatters for 8hrs of teevee madness?

Leafs want everyone.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Leafs have a unique name that can be used to sell everything under the sun...

Leafs Pipecleaners
Leafs Pants
Leafs LTE

It doesnt matter what it is, just put Leafs and so, thats what they do. The advertise and link Leafs to everything under the sun for money.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
McDavid's camp started the negotiations wanting a 5yr deal, obviously he cant wait to get to UFA to join the leafs :sarcasm:
I'm still wondering how McDavid is managing in Edmonton. One massive problem with coming from Toronto is that it's probably the most "Old World" city in the English-world world outside of New York City. That relatively more compact, neighborhood/transit-oriented form isn't really present in Edmonton.

In other words, everyone is from Edmonton and essentially is a giant shopping mall. In contrast, Toronto, whether it is Parkdale, Old Toronto, Scarborough, Etobicoke, hell even Markham, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, etc, each area is actually rather distinct when it comes to identity.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014

Yeah the young diva is choosing his own team now. He gets to choose. Always the wrong way. These new school divas should be forced to play wherever. This is awful, millionares who don't often even care for the game itself. Some of them are bratz.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Duchene would make us even stronger in an area where we are already very strong...Which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

He would be a terrific add the issue is the price tag.

He is actually a very good fit as his contract ends at the same time as Matthews Marner and Gardiner which gives us options. There is a high chance we dont resign him but you never know what the cap will be or what kind of contract he will deserve.

I would definitely try and get him if the price was moderate.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Duchene would make us even stronger in an area where we are already very strong...Which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

He would be a terrific add the issue is the price tag.

He is actually a very good fit as his contract ends at the same time as Matthews Marner and Gardiner which gives us options. There is a high chance we dont resign him but you never know what the cap will be or what kind of contract he will deserve.

I would definitely try and get him if the price was moderate.

The problem is that the assets that would be needed to acquire him, would be better used to strengthen other areas of the roster.

I'm a fan of Duchene. I think that as soon as he gets into another situation that isn't Colorado, he'll really do well.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Toronto is in on everything haha. Literally all players.

Ever read about sensory deprivation tanks? If you put yourself in a room with no sound or light or physical sensation, you brain freaks out and starts hallucinating those things to keep itself occupied.

That's what's happening to the Toronto media, Lou runs an airtight ship, so the media is starting to hallucinate connections to every player available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad