Trades and Free Agency Discussion - The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shrike

Jul 13, 2008
Toronto
didn't say they would. was just pointing out it was possible for the Avalanche to be cap compliant with a Nylander for Byram + 1st trade. the poster I quoted said it couldn't work because of the cap.
If the NHL roster component of the trade was Nylander + Timmins or for Byram + Colton the cap works.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Re Kane, I believe either he or his agent at the tdl mentioned that his preference for the next deal would with a team he'd finish his career with. He's probably going to sign a multi year deal for medium money. Don't expect a Spezza situation regardless of where he ends up

Last edited:

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Re Kane, I believe either he or his agent beard the tdl mentioned that his preference for the next deal would with a team he'd finish his career with. He's probably going to sign a multi year deal for medium money. Don't expect a Spezza situation regardless of where he ends up
Buffalo just makes too much sense for Kane imo. They have a lot of cap space atm and I believe Dahlin is their only guy left who needs to sign his big contract extension after next season and also Power but his won't be as much. Just trade Olofsson and give Kane the money they are paying him for 2-3 years.

Reactions: Menzinger

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Buffalo just makes too much sense for Kane imo. They have a lot of cap space atm and I believe Dahlin is their only guy left who needs to sign his big contract extension after next season and also Power but his won't be as much. Just trade Olofsson and give Kane the money they are paying him for 2-3 years.
Fairly certain Dahlin just signed 8mill/10 years or something like that lasts week

The Shrike

Jul 13, 2008
Toronto
They just traded for Johansen also lol
It doesn't matter how a player was acquired, if you can upgrade a position, you do it. I don't see an NMC or a NTC on any of these guys, they're (well paid) assets, and as such they can be traded. It's as simple as that.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
It doesn't matter how a player was acquired, if you can upgrade a position, you do it. I don't see an NMC or a NTC on any of these guys, they're (well paid) assets, and as such they can be traded. It's as simple as that.
Very true, it just makes it unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad