Friedman: Trade that might make sense only to me: something around Justin Faulk from Carolina to Detroit for

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Does anybody know what kind of money AA is looking for? I would want to lock up for 4-5 years. I'm sure TML would be interested in trading for him as he is young and plays a 200 foot game. The question is what would Detroit be looking for, Could a pick? and yes maybe a first rounder plus a player like Sosh or Leivo cut it?

Probably 3.5 to 4.5 for a long term contract.

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
"Trade that might make sense only to me"

And still, people are acting like this is a rumor instead of an independent thought.

Not gonna sell low on Faulk especially for AA.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Clumsily force feeding your meme on the first post that remotely touches on your point? That is funny.

In fact, stating that AA would be a disappointing return for a solid #2 based on history matches exactly what the majority of posts in this thread say. Bad troll job is bad.
Yep!
Absolutely 0% chance Faulk returns a Hall-level player.
Just because one GM is horrible at his job doesn't mean the other 30 are.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Does anybody know what kind of money AA is looking for? I would want to lock up for 4-5 years. I'm sure TML would be interested in trading for him as he is young and plays a 200 foot game. The question is what would Detroit be looking for, Could a pick? and yes maybe a first rounder plus a player like Sosh or Leivo cut it?
Probably something in the neighborhood of $2.5 million to $3 million per for Athanasiou.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Carolina would have been better off offer sheeting AA and making Holland inflate his contract or letting him walk over getting gouged into giving up Faulk for him who holds far more value

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Faulk to Detroit doesn't make sense though. Send him to a rebuilding team, why not a team in need of defense that's contending?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Guys, remember we have a realistic baseline for trading defenceman on HFboards.

Hall for Larsson.
Since Faulk>Larsson, Detroit is going to have to offer something better than Hall :sarcasm:

#HFLogic

Faulk is in the same range as Adam Larsson who returned Taylor Hall. AA would be a disappointment, although I would like him on the Canes.

Logic? Thankfully, GMs routinely visit this website to get their ideas about trades from HF experts.

Additional, logic - We will get our stud defender for lesser bits/scraps if we keep making posts with this theme. ;)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Carolina would have been better off offer sheeting AA and making Holland inflate his contract or letting him walk over getting gouged into giving up Faulk for him who holds far more value
Yeah good luck honestly thinking that Carolina would be able to offer sheet AA, First off with the reported possible salary cap being as high as $82 million and with possibly both Franzen and Kronwall on LTIR the Wings could've close to $29 million without dealing a single player. Plus Andreas Athanasiou is salary arbitrating this year and if he takes Detroit to salary arbitration then that blocks any offer sheet. Besides Detroit would match any reasonable offer sheet on AA any ways.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
That's not really worthy of being posted. As said above, the idea of the designation was for news.

Good lord. Look at all the awful trade proposals on this board.
There's no reason why something like this isn't "worthy" of being posted.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Faulk to Detroit doesn't make sense though. Send him to a rebuilding team, why not a team in need of defense that's contending?

You could do worse than a 26 year old defenseman for a rebuild.
In the next couple years, guys like Cholowksi and Hronek should make the Red Wings. It would help if they had competent, still near their prime, defenseman to play with.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If I'm Carolina I'm doing this deal ! Faulk ain't what he used to be and AA is a kid on the rise. Can't see though how this helps Detroit?
He'd be our best dman even at his current state. Lose Green gain Faulk and have that pathetic d corps behind him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad