Friedman: Trade that might make sense only to me: something around Justin Faulk from Carolina to Detroit for

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Does anybody know what kind of money AA is looking for? I would want to lock up for 4-5 years. I'm sure TML would be interested in trading for him as he is young and plays a 200 foot game. The question is what would Detroit be looking for, Could a pick? and yes maybe a first rounder plus a player like Sosh or Leivo cut it?

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
I don’t think Friedman is trying to say that the deal would 100% be just Faulk for just Athanasiou. He said, “something around x for x” which could mean more additions. Detroit would surely add in this situation.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Why does Friedman keep suggesting "big name defenseman" to Detroit? I thought it was general knowledge that Detroit has to rebuild?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Guys, remember we have a realistic baseline for trading defenceman on HFboards.

Hall for Larsson.
Since Faulk>Larsson, Detroit is going to have to offer something better than Hall :sarcasm:

#HFLogic

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Faulk is in the same range as Adam Larsson who returned Taylor Hall. AA would be a disappointment, although I would like him on the Canes.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm really not sure if Friedman has declined in a big way since his reputation blew up, or if he never deserved it blowing up to begin with.

Either way, yikes.

Neither

Its people misunderstand what he does so they think that everytime he suggests something that he is saying that is inside information that will happen when in fact he reporting things that may make sense.

He does exactly what he says he is doing, does it well but people get mad either because they don't understand that or they want him to be an insider giving scoops.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Guys, remember we have a realistic baseline for trading defenceman on HFboards.

Hall for Larsson.
Since Faulk>Larsson, Detroit is going to have to offer something better than Hall :sarcasm:

#HFLogic
Faulk is in the same range as Adam Larsson who returned Taylor Hall. AA would be a disappointment, although I would like him on the Canes.

:laugh:

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Neither

Its people misunderstand what he does so they think that everytime he suggests something that he is saying that is inside information that will happen when in fact he reporting things that may make sense.

He does exactly what he says he is doing, does it well but people get mad either because they don't understand that or they want him to be an insider giving scoops.

I understand this.

The problem is that the trade he is just proposed is pretty lopsided and everyone even slightly knowledegable about the players involved can see that.

I think it's fair to expect better from a guy being paid to give his opinions.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I understand this.

The problem is that the trade he is just proposed is pretty lopsided and everyone even slightly knowledegable about the players involved can see that.

I think it's fair to expect better from a guy being paid to give his opinions.

Ill have to read it again as I didn't really pay attention to that as I am not a fan of either team but did he say one for one or say a deal around those pieces could be worked out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad