Speculation: Trade Speculation Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A "Selling" team has absolutely No need for a UFA Zidlicky

...If the Devils are trading Zidlicky, they are the Sellers.

Unless they flip him for Hemsky. Or get picks while giving up picks in a seperate forward deal.

day1devilsfan

Jul 19, 2011
Interwebz of PA
Ill ask this again. Why would a Buffalo team out of the playoffs want a 36yo UFA defenseman where they are trading their best player?

Because, someone just mentioned it, they get the 1st for Vanek & take the cap hit with most of the money paid. Especially taking on a $7mil+ cap hit for Vanek.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I wouldn't mind Stafford, even with the cap going down.

Buffalo doesn't seem to be the right place for him. I think it's possible he could thrive here and show more than flashes of being a producer.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I really don't think Lou would put Prospal in the same locker room with Patty.

What issue do they have?

Prospal isn't going anywhere, he signed through next year and wants a front office job there after he retires. Of course new management may have other plans.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Why not, if I may ask? He has 51g across the last two full seasons. He's hit 30g in a season once, and 20g two other times, and he's 27 years old. Devils need scoring. If the price is right, why not?

-Lazy
-Inconsistent
-Mediocre defensively
-Bad contract

If we could get him for a prospect not named Merrill/Matteau/Boucher I would do it, but a 1st and I'll literally shoot myself in the face.

Thats why

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Maybe it is because he has 13 pts and is a -11.

He's on a terrible team which has to be affecting his production. This is the first 'minus' season of his career.

Thats why

If you think there's gonna be a miracle cure player out there, you're expecting too much. Stafford can score, and NJ needs it badly. If Stafford can be acquired for an extra defenseman and a pick (not a 1st), I'd do it.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
At least Stafford has a superior taste in music compared to Zubrus...Besides that he is kind of a risk.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
It's not whatever reason, it's because he was Parise's best man. We all know why we hate him.:laugh:

-Lazy
-Inconsistent
-Mediocre defensively
-Bad contract

He's Bobby Butler on steroids with a 4M cap hit.

If we could get him for a prospect not named Merrill/Matteau/Boucher I would do it, but a 1st and I'll literally shoot myself in the face.

I knew there was something :laugh:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
It's funny how those characterizations could be applied to almost the entire Buffalo Sabres team the last two years.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think we'll all be listening to Lou's conference call or interview on WFAN this afternoon telling us how getting Kovalchuk back in the lineup is like an addition and telling us about all the scrubs he added this season is why "we didn't feel we needed to make a move" and "we are confident in the players we have in the room"

Edit:

Either that or we're getting Semin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad