Speculation: Trade Speculation Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
should be the trade deadline edition lol. not that im expecting many trades..

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 5m
CONFIRMED: #Flyers are having exploratory talks for Jagr, Clowe and Bouwmeester.

Flyers just gonna spend all the picks they have

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
give me vanek or give me death

Hypothetically, I'd offer Fayne, Josefson, Clarkson(Matteau) and a future 2nd. Vanek is almost 30 + he is injury prone. If Lamoriello was really going to go 110% "win now for Marty".
Zubrus-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Vanek-Henrique-D'Agostini
Elias-Zajac-Ponikarovsky
Bernier-Carter-Kostopolous

Yeah. I wish. But that lineup could seriously contend with a team like Pittsburgh. A great blend of trench soldiers (Ponikarovsky, Zubrus, D'Agostini), 2 way guys/playmakers (Zajac, Henrique, Loktionov), skill (Vanek, Kovalchuk, Elias) and than the crash, bang, boom 4th line.

Last edited:

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Considering the short season, I image a slow deadline is likely...

I mean, teams are in very weird positions all things considered. Some GMs might think they have an unusual shot at the whole thing this year when they usually aren't in those positions. And someone like the Devils - where we usually trade for depth this time of year, and have to an extent - probably will be quiet.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Apparently Jamie McBain could be on the market. Would love to have him on the team, not sure at what cost though.

i hope we land him- if for no other reason than:

11s1c74.jpg

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 7m
CBJ will be a buyer. Columbus would be willing to part with 1 of their 3 first rnd draft picks for a scoring forward. #tradecentre

david-clarkson-23-nhl.jpg

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

If the rumours are true about Yandle possibly being shopped in order to trim to budget, I hope to god that Lou is working the phone right about now.

Something like... Josefson, Zidlicky (cap purposes and is a pending UFA), Merrill/Gélinas and a 2nd would be fine by me. If push came to shove and our 1st was a deal breaker, I'd part ways with it and ask a 3rd in return with Yandle.

Yandle is signed for the next 3 years with a cap hit of 5.25M$ per and for a player of his skill set, it's a bargain of a price. He and Larsson, as a duo, would be something sick we haven't had since the Stevens/Niedermayer pairing and having both Kovy and Yandle on the point of our #1 PP would drasticaly improve one of our biggest weakness as well.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
Trade for Campbell and Vanek ~ Then we can compete with teams like the Pens.

Kovy-Lokti-Henrique
Elias-Zajac-Vanek
Dags-Zuburs-Clarkie
Bernier-Gionta-Clarkson

Campbell-Salvador
Greene-Larsson
Fayne-Zidlicky

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Trade for Campbell and Vanek ~ Then we can compete with teams like the Pens.

Kovy-Lokti-Henrique
Elias-Zajac-Vanek
Dags-Zuburs-Clarkie
Bernier-Gionta-Clarkson

Campbell-Salvador
Greene-Larsson
Fayne-Zidlicky

:laugh:

So we got Campbell AND Vanek and managed to keep everyone on our current roster plus we're double shifting Clarkson (I know you meant to write Carter, just busting ;))?

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Yandle would be a hell of a pickup for the Devils. Is he really being shopped though, and for what purpose? He's signed for 2016 after all...

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
:laugh:

So we got Campbell AND Vanek and managed to keep everyone on our current roster plus we're double shifting Clarkson (I know you meant to write Carter, just busting ;))?

Yup. Move combinations of Josfson/Teds/1st/2nd/Matteau/Severson/Gelinas/Urbom/Hank/Harrold/. Haha yeah meant Carter.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Yandle would be a hell of a pickup for the Devils. Is he really being shopped though, and for what purpose? He's signed for 2016 after all...

The Yotes are apparently trying to cut on payroll and add a group of young and upcoming youngsters if Yandle is actually going to get moved. Pick up a little info on their board.

If he is made available for a up and coming top #6 forward, unfortunatly for us, I see Philly as a possible destination over us and that would reaaaaaaaally suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad