Speculation: Trade Speculation Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
A "Selling" team has absolutely No need for a UFA Zidlicky

...If the Devils are trading Zidlicky, they are the Sellers.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Not necessarily. The Devils could trade a 1st and Zids to Buffalo. Zids off the books at the end of the money. Pominville contract goes through next season.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 37s
Being told NJD, WPG and maybe CBJ have an interest in Buffalo's Drew Stafford. #TRADETRACKER

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Not necessarily. The Devils could trade a 1st and Zids to Buffalo. Zids off the books at the end of the money. Pominville contract goes through next season.
Buffalo wouldnt want a UFA defenseman when they are out of the playoff race.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

We'd need to add more. Buffalo doesn't need Zidlicky, if they want a UFA roster player coming back there are much better options.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Possible, but they normally release a player has an injury no matter what. They just dont say how long the player will be out

Yes, but a lot of the time, unless its something that clearly happens in game (where the player doesn't return after a certain point), do we ever hear about the injury until DeBoer talks after practice? I guess in some cases maybe PR knows, but a lot of times Pete is the source. He hasn't talked yet, so that could be why we haven't heard yet (if it is an injury). And especially since Lou is probably too busy to comment about any of the stuff as Gulitti implied in a tweet from a few minutes ago. I just don't know if the lack of an injury announcement (to this point) is necessarily indicative yet. I hope this is because we did trade him, but I don't want to get my hopes up and assume that's happened.

Random Devils related thought though: Do we normally ever hear about Devils trades before the trade call? I know things don't leak, but does the news usually get out because they suddenly hear about the trade call happening/about to happen? If so, that could be our hold up here if it is a trade. Call not done/about to be done, but a deal is almost there, which is why he's already being held out.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Makes absolutely no sense.

Money at this stage of the game is almost meaningless, meaningless in real dollars and in cap space.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 21s
If Jokinen plays 25 per cent of PIT 2013 playoff games AND PIT goes to Cup final, CAR gets 7th round pick from PIT. #tradecentre

A 7th really ?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
If we give up a 1st for Stafford I'm legit going to puke.

1241100353_anchorman-kicking-the-dog.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad