Speculation: Trade Speculation Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiri Bicek

Rusty Shackleford
Feb 16, 2006
Jersey City, NJ
Unless Lou trades someone like Fayne or Clarkson I don't see how getting a goal scorer like Pominville would be detrimental. Zidlicky is a good defender and all but is expendable at the end of the day (along with Tallinder and to a lesser extent Volchenkov)

Buffalo would have 0 interest in Zid, Tallinder, or Volch.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
2 Things. Zid not practicing for no reason

Kyperos said Lou is dangling his 1st round pick to get a Scoring Forward

Honestly I can see Zidlicky being a popular target for a number of clubs. He has rehabilitated his image here after what happened in Minnesota (not that it took much) and he does have the tools to help a team, especially if he doesn't have to be on the top pairing.

I don't know about the first round pick. Lamoriello will gladly trade it if he feels it helps the club, but he won't do it cavalierly, especially with us losing one already within the next two drafts. I don't know that hosting the draft matters to Lou vis-a-vis trading #1. It might matter more to management.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 2m
Wow so last 2 players traded are currently w/ their wives at the hospital as they give birth! Jokinen & Smithson #TradeTracker #babytracker

Anyone else at the Hospital ?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 24s
Don't think we're going to get any info on Zidlicky til DeBoer talks. I'm guessing no one from team will bother Lamoriello to ask right now.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Why hasnt the team said anything. The PR even told Todd Cordell they dont know why he isnt practicing

Or maybe they simply don't want to tell. It's not like our team is more secretive than the CIA and the FSB combined. Or he is simply getting some rest or has a little injury and nobody told the PR guys about it.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 2m
Wow so last 2 players traded are currently w/ their wives at the hospital as they give birth! Jokinen & Smithson #TradeTracker #babytracker

Anyone else at the Hospital ?

Trading players who won't get a lot of sleep in the next couple of months might not the worst idea ever.:laugh:

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Since they said the team was heading out to Boston early this afternoon (or maybe it was mid-afternoon around the deadline? forgot which), I would imagine he's in play to be moved. I can see why they wouldn't put him in practice/on the team plane if they knew he could be turning right around and going elsewhere. Especially since he's the only one not on the ice... It just seems like it has to be some kind of a move.

Although there is probably a damn good chance we'll just find out he's banged up, won't be playing in Boston, and is out a game or two. But who knows.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Since they said the team was heading out to Boston early this afternoon (or maybe it was mid-afternoon around the deadline? forgot which), I would imagine he's in play to be moved. I can see why they wouldn't put him in practice/on the team plane if they knew he could be turning right around and going elsewhere. Especially since he's the only one not on the ice... It just seems like it has to be some kind of a move.

Although there is probably a damn good chance we'll just find out he's banged up, won't be playing in Boston, and is out a game or two. But who knows.

Possible, but they normally release a player has an injury no matter what. They just dont say how long the player will be out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad