Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
So he fetches SJ 2 2nd rounders and people in here want to tell me Tallinder can't get more than a 5th? Lol ok

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
@JonathanWillis 2m
No regular #Sharks defenceman is on the ice for more shots against (rel. to ice-time) at 5v5 than Douglas Murray.

So basically they got Volchenkov.

A Volchenkov without an unmovable contract.

If Murray's worth two seconds then the Devils better get Tallinder in the lineup ASAP and at least prove he can play.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The thing is, Shero paid for Doug Murray's reputation. He didn't pay for his skills, which have sharply declined, but Shero doesn't know that.

He thinks he's getting the Doug Murray from five years ago, which WAS worth two 2nds.

Tallinder has never been worth two 2nds. He doesn't have the reputation needed to inflate his value.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Couple of interesting things brought up from Friedman's 30 thoughts this week

Apparently Iginla isn't interested in being a rental, he wants to go somewhere he feels he can get an extension, as well.

Secondly, to squash this Brian Campbell bug, it doesn't seem like Tallon wants to trade him. Especially if they have retain any part of his salary.

And lastly, probably most importantly to this thread, Dallas doesn't want to move Jagr, it seems:

3. The Morrow trade doesn't necessarily mean a Dallas sell off. Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk was otherwise tight-lipped about it, but he did say they are trying to re-sign Jaromir Jagr. The goal is to keep, not trade him.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opi...-gasoline-poured-on-flames-trade-rumours.html

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Good price that the sharks got for Murray. But id call it a solid deal for the pens. That defense is soft and definitely needed some beef/physical presence.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
So he fetches SJ 2 2nd rounders and people in here want to tell me Tallinder can't get more than a 5th? Lol ok

If that's the return for Murray, I'm a lot more intrigued about the idea of trading Volchenkov. Not saying he should be our odd man out or anything, but if that's what the market value is for a player of that type...

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't listen to Eklund. Not long ago he said we were in on Visnovsky too. He also said we were in on Ryan O'Rielly and Jamie Benn while they were holding out. He also said the last two teams in the Semin sweepstakes were us and Detroit I believe it was. I think it was the very next day or two days later that he signed in Carolina. This led to Eklund trying to cover his tracks by saying he was sorry, and how confident his source was that it was NJD or Detroit.

Not that this has anything to do with this thread, but Mike Smith is that good.

No he's not. He was a 30 year old career backup before last season that had one great year which was last season. He currently has a 901 save percentage which is skewed by the fact that he has 4 shutouts. His career average is something around that too, but quite a bit higher which is skewed by last seasons play. He's a great puckhandler I'll give him that, but he's not that good at stopping the puck. He also wears some of the most outrageous equipment in the league.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Good price that the sharks got for Murray. But id call it a solid deal for the pens. That defense is soft and definitely needed some beef/physical presence.

They already have Orpik, Engelland and Despres, who are all not soft.
And PaulieMart has bulked up this season, he's the defenseman that they thought they signed finally.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
If the price is that steep for rentals, it makes sense Lou has been sticking with the "buy low" crowd.

And in related news, Bortuzzo has to clear waivers for the Pens, so it's possible they'll have to send down Depres to make room for Murray.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Jesus Christ... two 2nd round picks for Murray !!!

Quick Lou, get on the phone and move Volchenkov A.S.A.P.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
having shutouts "skews" your save percentage? what
Not sure if serious.:laugh:
haha i loved reading that...

I don't want this to go off topic, but a 901 save percentage after 26 games with 4 shutouts, and almost a 3 GAA is not good. Suppose he gave up a goal in each of those games. That's like an 896 save percentage. Not saying that makes him a bad goalie just because of that, but aside from last year he wasn't that good.

While we're talking about goalies and Eklund, any Bernier to NJ rumors from him? Or Bremier?:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

A 'healthy' Tallinder not signed through next year would be one thing. A Tallinder that hasn't played more than a few games in a row since last January, signed through next year when teams need to shed salary is another.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Not sure if serious.:laugh:

I don't want this to go off topic, but a 901 save percentage after 26 games with 4 shutouts, and almost a 4 GAA is not good. Suppose he gave up a goal in each of those games. That's like an 896 save percentage.

While we're talking about goalies and Eklund, any Bernier to NJ rumors from him? Or Bremier?:laugh:

You point is meaningless because he does have 4 SO.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
A 'healthy' Tallinder not signed through next year would be one thing. A Tallinder that hasn't played more than a few games in a row since last January, signed through next year when teams need to shed salary is another.

Yeah, Tallinder's extra year may actually be a hindrance at this point. And no way is Lou gonna be able to move Volchenkov now. No team is gonna pay a ton at the deadline for a player they'll be stuck with if he doesn't work out, in a year where the cap comes down.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009

Ya health is a problem but when we were playing him and needed to end the merry go round we did not. Now he's hurt and lost value and still have a merry go round with him and Fayne sitting.

Let that sink in:

Tallinder-Fayne is a healthy scratched pairing. And Douglas Murray went for 2 2nds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad