Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
And why is Regehr a strong chance of being acquired? I know we are pretty slim on D and D prospects but...

Last edited by a moderator:

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
We don't need J-Bo or Regehr. And that Morrow package is a ****ing joke. I wouldn't even give up Gelinas and a 2nd. He is far past it.

And we all definitely do not know that Semin is a goner next year. He is having a great year in Carolina. Why would he leave if they offer him a reasonable long term deal?

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I think I already posted a few times that it was a mistake :booboo:. I amended it after looking further into his struggles.

But by all means continue.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
We don't need J-Bo or Regehr. And that Morrow package is a ****ing joke. I wouldn't even give up Gelinas and a 2nd. He is far past it.

And we all definitely do not know that Semin is a goner next year. He is having a great year in Carolina. Why would he leave if they offer him a reasonable long term deal?

my theory was he wants to play with kovy, but wanted the ownership situation straightened out first. hence, a 1 year deal. ok, less of a theory and more wishful thinking, but still.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Regher is just a slightly more mobile version of Volchenkov.

Trading him would be a terrible move for Buffalo. They went through hoops to get him to waive his NTC, and then abandon him a year and a half in? Good luck getting anyone else to want to come to your team.

Devils Insiders

Oct 24, 2009
I still think he's an upgrade from volchenkov and tallinder plus his cost would be low.

Because there are going to be so many teams going after players, the price for a lot of guys is going to be ridiculous. Probably much higher than their actual value.

I just based it not on who I even think is most likely to be grabbed, I was just discussing different names i've read from different places.

honestly, if I had my pick i'd go with Jordan Leopold over him in a second. Also, i'd love a guy like lee stempniak for depth.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Regehr is not a good defenseman.

He was by far Buffalo's worst posession defenseman last season, and is equally as horrific this year.

Yeah I don't get this either. I like our team's balance when it comes to defensive dmen, two way guys, and puck movers. All of them are solid for the most part (#3-#5 guys) so if anything I'd like ot improve by getting another high end 2nd pairing caliber guy (a #2 or #3) and Regehr is more like a #5.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How about we just get some forwards? Seriously no more defensemen unless we ship at least 2 or maybe even 3 out.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
I dunno, with the emergence of Loki and the ghost act parise did most of the playoffs I still feel good about a 2nd round exit/conference loss from this roster as it is (minus injuries). Provided we heat up at the right time like last year. That being said Lou won't make a major move unless its a move that makes sense to him, not so much us. Now if he could pull off a Jagr rental without giving much I'd be all for it.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The only trade this team should be making is an upgrade at forward or a number one defenseman on a steal deal.

We don't need the Regehrs and Bouwmeesters of the world. Our D is just fine as is, we have the Stanley Cup finalist defense of last year, and an even better Larsson and Fayne.

Morrow and Regehr are both way past their primes. Morrow, I wouldn't mind, but his value right now is probably somewhere around Langenbrunner's when we traded him, probably less. He's not getting a top prospect or a second round pick in my opinion.

Jagr falls under the same boat. I think he'd add an offensive boost, but I don't want to be parting with anything of significant value for him. We might be able to execute a Jagr for Tallinder swap, depending on how the Stars D is. If not, Jagr for Burlon and a conditional next year is solid value.

Devils Insiders

Oct 24, 2009
The Devils don't have the nearly enough prospects or anything to land a number one defenseman. Erik Johnson might be a nice fit, but i dont know if his defensive game is quite there yet.

With the price that players are going to fetch at the deadline this year, the Devils don't have nearly enough in the farm system unless they're willing to deal Matteau/Boucher/Merrill if its a top end player.

I think the move you're most likely to see with be a depth move. A better 3rd/4th line player or a better bottom pairing guy.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
we don't need more depth on the bottom lines or D though. No need to make a trade if its just for the sake of making a trade unless they add to some place of actual deficiency.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We have so many defensemen I don't even wanna see one ever again. Whether it's in the farm or up right now, we just have too many. I don't want a defenseman coming back unless we get rid of 2. Even then I don't want one unless we get rid of 3 really. I'm pretty confident with Harrold.

apice3*

For a 40+ year old, Jagr would absolutely thrive with what we can provide him in the top 6. He either gets a countryman in Elias or a superstar in Kovy. Both can be enticing options for a soon-to-retire HOF-er, although he doesn't have any say in the matter.

I'd offer a good amount for him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have strong doubts Lou would acquire Jagr even if we could for a reasonable price.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I know it'll never happen, cause Lou won't deal with the Flyers, but I'd love to get Daniel Brière on this team, alongside Kovalchuk and Lokti.

I know 99% of this board hates the Flyers and probably hates Brière just as much but he's so ****ing clutch in the post season, it's ridiculous, plus he can play on both wings or center if need be.

apice3*

I have strong doubts Lou would acquire Jagr even if we could for a reasonable price.

Why? Do they have a bad history or something?

I know it'll never happen, cause Lou won't deal with the Flyers, but I'd love to get Daniel Brière on this team, alongside Kovalchuk and Lokti.

I know 99% of this board hates the Flyers and probably hates Brière just as much but he's so ****ing clutch in the post season, it's ridiculous, plus he can play on both wings or center if need be.

Briere is a defensively liability. Every postseason he raises his offensive game but his defensive game plummets. Not the best stat to use, but he's a minus player seemingly every postseason.

22 points in 22 games last 2 playoffs, yet is still a -13 despite 12 ES goals.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Seriously though, I don't know why everyone has a hard-on for our defensemen in Albany. "zomg dont trade gelinas."

WE HAVE NO SPACE ON THE NHL ROSTER. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE A FUTURE IN NEW JERSEY.

These guys have nowhere to play. I don't care how many points they have, there's no room for them. And there won't be room next year, either. These guys won't get qualified or will refuse to sign, and then we've lost assets that we've spent years investing in.

Even if ONE of these guys, by some miracle DOES make the team....we don't need to hold on to the others. You could make the argument that they make Albany better, but Albany is terrible even with them.

Gelinas/Urbom/Burlon are all interchangeable to me and I'd move any of them in a heartbeat with no hesitation. The only prospects I won't entertain moving are Merrill, Boucher, Matteau, and the goalies. I'd be reluctant to move Severson but would do it if I had to.

Of course, this changes if we ship out some defense, but we all know how much Lou loves having surplus defensemen.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Heck, even the Flyers fans rag on Briere. lol

Seriously though, I don't know why everyone has a hard-on for our defensemen in Albany. "zomg dont trade gelinas."

WE HAVE NO SPACE ON THE NHL ROSTER. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE A FUTURE IN NEW JERSEY.

These guys have nowhere to play. I don't care how many points they have, there's no room for them. And there won't be room next year, either. These guys won't get qualified or will refuse to sign, and then we've lost assets that we've spent years investing in.

Even if ONE of these guys, by some miracle DOES make the team....we don't need to hold on to the others. You could make the argument that they make Albany better, but Albany is terrible even with them.

Gelinas/Urbom/Burlon are all interchangeable to me and I'd move any of them in a heartbeat with no hesitation. The only prospects I won't entertain moving are Merrill, Boucher, Matteau, and the goalies. I'd be reluctant to move Severson but would do it if I had to.

Of course, this changes if we ship out some defense, but we all know how much Lou loves having surplus defensemen.
What a beautiful post.

Why do we need 3 goalie prospects when we can only start 2?
No worries, that will change soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad