Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope Volchenkov is bought out, but I can see it happening next Summer and not this one. Even with the good things he sometimes does he just isn't worth all that money. Tallinder isn't worth that money to me next year either. That's money better spent on a forward which is where we need help. Nothing against Tallinder cause I remember him being pretty solid since that horrible Washington game that made me want to see him retire.

I can see him being bought out though if there are no takers. We've seen Lou is more prone to buying out guys who have fewer years like Colin White who had just a year left. That's also why I think he'd put off buying out Volchenkov until 2014 when he has just 2 years left rather than 3. If he does buyout Volch this Summer but keeps Tallinder, I won't be complaining.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
lol @ the Pens

two washed up acquisitions, Murray is slower and a worse skater than Colin White was near the end

Shero must be drunk giving up Joe Morrow for a rental washed up 3rd liner and now two seconds for a guy who is about effective as a duck stuck in the mud

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Imagine what Lou could get for Fayne...

More than Tallinder or Volchenkov I bet. I said this a while ago, but was jumped on as if I really wanted to see Fayne gone. I just said he likely has more value than Tallinder because he's younger, had been playing on the number one shutdown line on the team, and was on a bargain cap hit/contract. I was saying that before the season started. Now we still have him on the team, but he's just wasting away upstairs in a luxury suite somewhere.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
lol @ the Pens

two washed up acquisitions, Murray is slower and a worse skater than Colin White was near the end

Shero must be drunk giving up Joe Morrow for a rental washed up 3rd liner and now two seconds for a guy who is about effective as a duck stuck in the mud

He still thinks of Round-1 last year when Philly pushed them around.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Didn't Shero also trade away Michalek for a bunch of crap too? He's like Yzerman. Yzerman thought Roloson was the problem, and got a new goalie while picking up some offensive defensemen along the way (Salo, Matt Carle) including that horrible Carle contract. They still suck defensively though.

Shero says ''What our defense sucks? Let's just keep acquiring more forwards! That'll help!''. Sadly though it's just the opposite for us this year without the acquiring part.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
More than Tallinder or Volchenkov I bet. I said this a while ago, but was jumped on as if I really wanted to see Fayne gone. I just said he likely has more value than Tallinder because he's younger, had been playing on the number one shutdown line on the team, and was on a bargain cap hit/contract. I was saying that before the season started. Now we still have him on the team, but he's just wasting away upstairs in a luxury suite somewhere.

I don't think anyone would question that. Fayne's younger and cheaper and better than both of them.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Tallinder-Fayne is a healthy scratched pairing. And Douglas Murray went for 2 2nds.

This statement is freaking alarming. We have two healthy scratches who are leaps and bounds better then Murray, even if they don't play the same type of game, that are sitting in the press box doing jack **** when we can at least move one of them for picks and prospects.

I really hope that Lou will move a d-men for extra picks in a draft that looks pretty solid, since we've lost a couple of them in previous trades.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
I have a suspicion that this Murray trade just showed Lou how valuable defensemen are.....

I'm pretty sure Lou knows how valuable defensemen are (he did sign 8 or 9 of them :laugh:). The trick is convincing the guy you're trading with. Maybe this trade will do just that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This 8 defensemen thing I've been against the whole time. If we wind up struggling to score with Kovy out those 8 defensemen are really gonna help if we lose games 2-1 all the time.:shakehead

You would think we lost our number 1 or 2 defensemen last year and needed the extra bodies to make up for him. In reality we lost our second or third best forward. Our second or third most productive forward on a team already average at scoring goals.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't think anyone on here is happy we're still running with eight defenseman. It doesn't make any sense so hopefully that means Lou has something else up his sleeve

No way they trade him. Their core is aging and he's their only stopgap guy until their prospects start to become NHLers. That's the kind of trade that requires Fayne involved, I think, since he can actually be a part of a team's future.

You have ruined my dreams.

Techno Devil*

Anyone think now with Kovy down Lou finally brings in Parise's replacement?

i sure hope so. I feel like we are deep enough at all positions that if we were to acquire a talented 60+ point scorer, we would have a better team than we did last year (with a healthy kovy and zubs,) especially if we dont have to give up too much from the big club.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Anyone think now with Kovy down Lou finally brings in Parise's replacement?

lou-9.gif

"But I already traded for two under-performers in D'Agostini and Loktionov..."

:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think anyone on here is happy we're still running with eight defenseman. It doesn't make any sense so hopefully that means Lou has something else up his sleeve

If we do wind up missing the playoffs this year I think more than the lockout I'll remember this year like this, especially if we're still keeping all these d men.

The season that we missed the playoffs, Parise left and was replaced with a bunch of geeks that didn't work out, Marty got injured and Moose couldn't keep the ship afloat, Marty comes back and Kovy was injured in Marty's second game back, and we kept 8 defensemen for little to no reason. Regularly scratching good defensemen. Oh and a lockout shortened season!

Techno Devil*

If we do wind up missing the playoffs this year I think more than the lockout I'll remember this year like this, especially if we're still keeping all these d men.

The season that we missed the playoffs, Parise left and was replaced with a bunch of geeks that didn't work out, Marty got injured and Moose couldn't keep the ship afloat, Marty comes back and Kovy was injured in Marty's second game back, and we kept 8 defensemen for little to no reason. Regularly scratching good defensemen. Oh and a lockout shortened season!

at the same time, we still dont know what is on the table. I would rather sit 8 defensemen now rather than impulsively move them for some hot garbage on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad