Speculation: Trade Speculation Part III

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
What happen to Volchenkov? Back in the time, he used to be probably the best shutdown defender in the whole league not named Lidstrom. Carolina probably would like to add him for the right price.

Can he play the right side?

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
What happen to Volchenkov? Back in the time, he used to be probably the best shutdown defender in the whole league not named Lidstrom. Carolina probably would like to add him for the right price.

Can he play the right side?

He can hit/shot blocks but he is slow and a bad skater. Still a worthy 3rd pairing guy though.

NHL Fanatik*

Weiss is also pretty good in the faceoff circle, which is something this team could use.

Does anybody know how well he and DeBoer got along in Florida?

I believe Weiss liked DeBoer actually; well, Weiss had his best season(s) under DeBoer.

Oroku Saki*

He can hit/shot blocks but he is slow and a bad skater. Still a worthy 3rd pairing guy though.

He plays 16-17 minutes a night. I think he can handle a few more which makes him a worthy second pairing defenseman in the right system. He just never looked like he fit here. He's not a bad skater but he is on the slower side. I still believe he has a lot to offer.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

He plays 16-17 minutes a night. I think he can handle a few more which makes him a worthy second pairing defenseman in the right system. He just never looked like he fit here. He's not a bad skater but he is on the slower side. I still believe he has a lot to offer.

Handle more minutes + not a bad skater?

I... eh... ah, just forget it.

Edit: It's not a coincidence we've look pretty solid in the past 2 games when playing in our own zone. The transition game is way better and we didn't get pinned in our own end cause of stupid giveaways but like you said, he might look better playing elsewhere cause the system we run is the exact opposite of what Volch needs in order to "perform".

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
everytime i see cammaleris name, i immediately think of calamari...and get hungry. then i get angry because 99% of the time....i read about his name outside of a restaurant...and have no chance of immediate satisfaction that would be a badass plate of fried calamari. so i hate him.

don't worry, about 80% of the calamari you get out is way overcooked, rubbery and tastes more like battered garden hose with too much salt and pepper to taste it anyway.

Now if we got Joey Crabb...

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Ya that is the thing, Petey's system is pretty dependent on the D and he needs horses to run it. Volch's sit at home style may not be the best fit. I would love to move him if we could.

NHL Fanatik*

Ya that is the thing, Petey's system is pretty dependent on the D and he needs horses to run it. Volch's sit at home style may not be the best fit. I would love to move him if we could.

This.

For the right price though... Which might be hard to find considering his contract.

I. Want. Cammalleri.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
SOmeone proposed Purcell+ for Larsson on the main board. Oh my god the lulz

Also, someone please tell me why we're trying to trade for Weiss, a center, when we're set down the middle in Zajac Henrique, JJ/Loki, Gionta?

because hell prob actually put up points, unlike zajac.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Henrique is better as a winger in my opinion.

Kovalchuk - Loktionov - Henrique
Elias - Zajac - Clarkson
Ponikarovsky - Weiss - Zubrus
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

I guess that would be a nice lineup to roll when Zubie gets healthy (Although I'd switch places with Loki and Weiss) but who do you have on as that third line wing if we get Weiss with him still out? JJ? Tedenby? Barch? I don't know - reasons like that is why I think we'd be better off acquiring a player like Mike Cammalleri. Plus I'd doubt Deboer would move Kovy back to LW. Seems to me that he is set at keeping him at RW. So you'd have to reverse that to Henrique-Weiss-Kovy to make that work (Not sure if that would be a problem or not. I'm used to seeing Henrique as a center and not a winger so not sure what wing position he would play.)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Weiss is having a dreadful year himself. But yeah, I'm getting worried Zajac's offense went to Minnesota this offseason.

It's why the time is now for Lou to make the deal, timing is right with Weiss struggling and Florida in a worse rut than us.

Weiss was injured at the start of the season, he'll round in to form soon enough.

Oroku Saki*

Handle more minutes + not a bad skater?

I... eh... ah, just forget it.

Edit: It's not a coincidence we've look pretty solid in the past 2 games when playing in our own zone. The transition game is way better and we didn't get pinned in our own end cause of stupid giveaways but like you said, he might look better playing elsewhere cause the system we run is the exact opposite of what Volch needs in order to "perform".

Still winless without Volch. Ah, just forget it.

D looked a little more fluid but that's aboot it.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Still winless without Volch. Ah, just forget it.

D looked a little more fluid but that's aboot it.

Winless because we can't score, not because #28 is eating popcorn up in the luxury suite.

;)

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I guess that would be a nice lineup to roll when Zubie gets healthy (Although I'd switch places with Loki and Weiss) but who do you have on as that third line wing if we get Weiss with him still out? JJ? Tedenby? Barch? I don't know - reasons like that is why I think we'd be better off acquiring a player like Mike Cammalleri. Plus I'd doubt Deboer would move Kovy back to LW. Seems to me that he is set at keeping him at RW. So you'd have to reverse that to Henrique-Weiss-Kovy to make that work (Not sure if that would be a problem or not. I'm used to seeing Henrique as a center and not a winger so not sure what wing position he would play.)

Put Carter or Bernier on the third line wing and throw Barch on the fourth line.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Yep. This is an easy fix. That said, those three have some chemistry together.

I'd rather have CBGB be our fourth line as a result of a trade again.

Henrique-Weiss-Kovy
Elias - Zajac - Clarkson
Ponikarovsky - Loki - Butler/Josefson (Barch when we need toughness & Zubrus to replace all when healthy)
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

That would seem like the ideal lineup until Zubrus gets back. No?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad