Speculation: Trade Speculation Part III

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Can I have a running list of things I can talk about?

Can't talk about players you'd love in a dream situation, and admittedly a dream or NHL 13 move.

Can't say anything bad about the team.

What else? I need a list of HFBoards faux pas.

Oh, forgot about Parise. Can't hate on him either.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
talk about whatever you want, its a message board

just like I can post whatever I want about how getting those players is not going to happen.

but get mad.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
But, but Perry is a pending UFA. Don't all pending UFAs get traded?

I'd like O'Reilly, Weiss or (dream) Iginla.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Can I have a running list of things I can talk about?

Can't talk about players you'd love in a dream situation, and admittedly a dream or NHL 13 move.

Can't say anything bad about the team.

What else? I need a list of HFBoards faux pas.

Oh, forgot about Parise. Can't hate on him either.

better be nice to him, or get mocked elsewhere!!! muuhahahahahaha #meangirls

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
talk about whatever you want, its a message board

just like I can post whatever I want about how getting those players is not going to happen.

but get mad.

Woot!

Pumped I have permission to talk about Perry now. Back to the program.

Did I read we want to trade Tallinder and a pick for Gagne? But we don't want to trade for Iginla or Perry. K

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Woot!

Pumped I have permission to talk about Perry now. Back to the program.

Did I read we want to trade Tallinder and a pick for Gagne? But we don't want to trade for Iginla or Perry. K

do you understand what the difference in value in terms of what we would have to give up would be between the two deals? apparently not.

GM17*

better be nice to him, or get mocked elsewhere!!! muuhahahahahaha #meangirls

Reminds me of mocking the mentally disabled. Everyone does it here and there either behind their back or in their head. But when you do it directly to them their scribe or whatever steps in and chastises you + the point never gets across anyways. Losing battle.

Also, Anaheim aren't Pete Sellers

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
We're not getting Perry. Unless their season goes in the toilet why would they trade him?

But anyway I'm loving the Kings early struggles maybe we can poach someone from them.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Again, I have no idea why Merrill is considered to be a "untouchable" around here. His game is nothing spectacular to warrant such high praises IMO.

I can remember when the hot item of the month was Brandon Burlon and how he could eventually turn into something real solid for our team down the line.

All I'm trying to say is that we have to be real carefull when it comes to "hyping" our rookies, especially when that rookie is a 21 year old who never played a pro game in his life who's getting some coverage mostly for his off ice "problems" then anything else.

Merrill probably was the stud player of the year in the NCAA as a freshman but since, he doesn't look to be stepping up his game according to his very average #'s he's been posting since.

I'll start to hype the kid when he can prove himself in Albany or at camp but I'm not getting excited over the fact that a 21 year old is doing "well" at the NCAA level.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
anyone that continually brings up Corey Perry or Bobby Ryan need to look at the Ducks' record.

Yeah, I was really thinking the Ducks were going to be bottom-feeders this year (as did most people, I think) and it would have made Perry or Ryan available, but they won't risk screwing up what they have right now.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
do you understand what the difference in value in terms of what we would have to give up would be between the two deals? apparently not.

I understand the value we are getting back. But Gagne = Perry, well we won't need to give up prospects and futures and we're on HFutures right? Hell that isn't even the point. If he or Iginla were available would you move the assets for them or worry about them peacing out UFA time? The point is I'd take that gamble. But literacy isn't always higher on the other side of the fence.

Why do we want Gagne and why are we giving up a pick for him?

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Again, I have no idea why Merrill is considered to be a "untouchable" around here. His game is nothing spectacular to warrant such high praises IMO.

I can remember when the hot item of the month was Brandon Burlon and how he could eventually turn into something real solid for our team down the line.

All I'm trying to say is that we have to be real carefull when it comes to "hyping" our rookies, especially when that rookie is a 21 year old who never played a pro game in his life who's getting some coverage mostly for his off ice "problems" then anything else.

Merrill probably was the stud player of the year in the NCAA as a freshman but since, he doesn't look to be stepping up his game according to his very average #'s he's been posting since.

I'll start to hype the kid when he can prove himself in Albany or at camp but I'm not getting excited over the fact that a 21 year old is doing "well" at the NCAA level.

Jeeez, what's your problem with Merrill? For starters, comparing Merrill with Burlon, really? Merrill has always had bigger potential than him and has always been the better player of the two. Sure Merrill has had his troubles off the ice recently and has been unlucky with a severe injury. No wonder his numbers are down compared to his extraordinary freshman season. He's barely played regularly since then. I think we should wait and give him time in the organisation with Albany first before making a definite decision on his future.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Jeeez, what's your problem with Merrill? For starters, comparing Merrill with Burlon, really? Merrill has always had bigger potential than him and has always been the better player of the two. Sure Merrill has had his troubles off the ice recently and has been unlucky with a severe injury. No wonder his numbers are down compared to his extraordinary freshman season. He's barely played regularly since then. I think we should wait and give him time in the organisation with Albany first before making a definite decision on his future.

I have no problem with Merrill... I have a problem with posters who are saying he's untouchable when he hasn't done anything to warrant such high praises.

I didn't compare both players, I compared the hype Burlon got and where he is today to what's currently happening with JM. If moving Merrill means we can land that perfect 1st line winger, I'd be all for it.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
lol who said he was untouchable? i just dont want him moved for ****ing iginla, for gods sake

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Anyone think (hypothetically here) that Iginla would cost more, less or about the same as someone like a Perry/Ryan? Which one would fetch the higher return? Logically you'd think it would be Perry/Ryan given that they are younger and have had more production as of late but it seems that Calgary wants just would want a completely unrealistic return for Iggy.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Bro I'm totally going to go make a board and talk about you now. I'll use a Christoph Waltz accent.

bro i like the sound of your board, but on my new NEW board im going to say i hate your board. then i'll basically rehash reddit until bedtime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad