Speculation: Trade Speculation Part III

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
With JBo finally coming off the books after next year, and Wideman and Giordano signed for a long time, I don't see Calgary taking Volchenkov.

Although it is Feaster.

Agreed that there is no way Calgary takes on volchys contract. But in all honesty I do think volchys game could be a lot more effective and he might be a lot more successful in the western conference even though he has never played on a western team obviously.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Drew Stafford is having an awful start of the season. And our announcers made it seem like the Sabres were pretty down on him at present.

I know it is crack smoking territory, Stafford seeming like a blue chip, high first round pick, but maybe they want Tallinder back to bolster their atrocious D and would take a package including Josefson.

Considering what we gave for Kovy, stranger things have happened (at least once).

And Drew would be a top 6 guy here.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Even if some Tallinder-Stafford type deal makes sense I doubt Lou would risk pawning off one of our defensemen to a playoff contender in-season when they and everyone else are gaining fast on us.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Even if some Tallinder-Stafford type deal makes sense I doubt Lou would risk pawning off one of our defensemen to a playoff contender in-season when they and everyone else are gaining fast on us.

Despite beating us, not sure the Sabres are much of a contender.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Despite beating us, not sure the Sabres are much of a contender.

Buffalo's three points out of a playoff spot now. Which shows how mediocre the East is, considering how bad the Sabres were for the first twenty games. But in it is in it, there's really no East team out of it at this point. I doubt Lou's dealing off any NHL player to another East team this year, especially the longer we continue to play towards the bubble.

njdevilsownnhl*

Cammalleri is a stud in the playoffs and I doubt he would cost much.

Sinner Devil

Jun 13, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I know it probably would never happen but what about Danny Briere? I would love his playoff production on our top 6 and I see the flyers trading him this season..

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Us doing a deal with the Flyers is unlikely, especially since we supposedly turned down a better offer from them for Langs than what we got from Dallas a couple years ago. Not to mention they're as much in the mix as anyone else in the East for a spot.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Buffalo's three points out of a playoff spot now. Which shows how mediocre the East is, considering how bad the Sabres were for the first twenty games. But in it is in it, there's really no East team out of it at this point. I doubt Lou's dealing off any NHL player to another East team this year, especially the longer we continue to play towards the bubble.

Or how about the Flyers in 8th place after how bad they seem to have been for the first 20 games of the season?

Though they've played more games than anybody in the conference I think. The southeast is still wide open. Florida is done, and I'm confident of that. Even Oatsey, and the Caps are jekyll and hyde. Remember that ''playoff'' Jets team that beat us twice in a row?:laugh: They got shutout 3-0 by Holtby yesterday in their own building. The Canes also lost Cam Ward tonight. Not sure for how long. He hasn't been good this year, but I'd rather have him as my starter than Dan frickin Ellis.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Us doing a deal with the Flyers is unlikely, especially since we supposedly turned down a better offer from them for Langs than what we got from Dallas a couple years ago. Not to mention they're as much in the mix as anyone else in the East for a spot.

Lou aint trading with Philly.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
everytime i see cammaleris name, i immediately think of calamari...and get hungry. then i get angry because 99% of the time....i read about his name outside of a restaurant...and have no chance of immediate satisfaction that would be a badass plate of fried calamari. so i hate him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think of caramel everytime I hear or see his name.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Well since Volchenkov +2nd was good enough for that Flames fan...how about Tallinder + 2nd for Cammy. I said that because you don't know if Anton will agree to waive his NTC or not. Tallinder doesn't have a NTC so wouldn't it be only logical to say that he's the most expendable d-man in regards to a trade?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well since Volchenkov +2nd was good enough for that Flames fan...how about Tallinder + 2nd for Cammy. I said that because you don't know if Anton will agree to waive his NTC or not. Tallinder doesn't have a NTC so wouldn't it be only logical to say that he's the most expendable d-man in regards to a trade?

If Volch sits for long maybe he asks for a trade? I don't know for sure, but it's worth thinking about.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
SOmeone proposed Purcell+ for Larsson on the main board. Oh my god the lulz

Also, someone please tell me why we're trying to trade for Weiss, a center, when we're set down the middle in Zajac Henrique, JJ/Loki, Gionta?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
SOmeone proposed Purcell+ for Larsson on the main board. Oh my god the lulz

Also, someone please tell me why we're trying to trade for Weiss, a center, when we're set down the middle in Zajac Henrique, JJ/Loki, Gionta?

Henrique can play wing if we get Weiss. It would probably make the lineup deeper.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Weiss is also pretty good in the faceoff circle, which is something this team could use.

Does anybody know how well he and DeBoer got along in Florida?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad