Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread XIV: Rangers gauging interest on Callahan/Girardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Danny G is wayyyyy more important of a signing than cally

I think both are very important players in their past and today.

I think the problem is youre going to pay them for what they did, when neither is likely to keep it up.

But, i'd say Girardi is far less likely to become an albatross than Cally is.

You can almost guarantee Cally is going to be an average 3rd liner within 3-4 years

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I don't think Girardi will fade much - he's 29 and not crazy with the physicality. Callahan's got an undeniable work ethic - but 6M+ should get you a Stasny, not a Callahan

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
I think both are very important players in their past and today.

I think the problem is youre going to pay them for what they did, when neither is likely to keep it up.

But, i'd say Girardi is far less likely to become an albatross than Cally is.

You can almost guarantee Cally is going to be an average 3rd liner within 3-4 years

I just think it's going to be either or... and cally has been great for us but yea he's breaking down each season and Girardi is more important to the D core...so if he wants that much money i'd pay him and trade cally for something like Molson

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I just think it's going to be either or... and cally has been great for us but yea he's breaking down each season and Girardi is more important to the D core...so if he wants that much money i'd pay him and trade cally for something like Molson

Which is like keeping Callahan. Moulson is a UFA, too,at the end of the season. That's not an answer to this.

BarbaraAlphanse

Brooklyn Rangers Fan -

If they both get traded, drinks on me. If they both get resigned it's a wash. If it's 1 and 1, board owes haohmaru and myself drinks... and also 1 million dollars.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Did I miss a tweet or something?

----

If I had to choose between Cally and Girardi I think I'd rather keep Girardi.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'd do that deal for Girardi. Callahan, not so much. Way too much of an injury risk for that money and term.

I'd do Callahan for Jaskin and a 1st, as proposed in the last thread. Jaskin's the real deal.

member 116805

Trade Cally, no way he lasts until the end of a 7 year deal. Will give a good return.
Keep Girardi.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Sorry but I don't want any prospects I want top six forward for top six forward

Not happening. A guy like Jaskin that's ready right now for 3rd line duty that will be a top 6 player very soon and another prospect/pick is probably what Callahan will get. Jaskin is stuck behind Oshie, Tarasenko, Stewart, and Reaves. He's not cracking that Blues roster with Rattie still in the system too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad