Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread XIV: Rangers gauging interest on Callahan/Girardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Who doesn't want potential, I'd love to get a young right winger with top 6 potential, I don't know who but this teams weak down the right side now and into the future.

WHAT?

Nash
Zuccarello
Callahan (for now)
Dorsett
Carcillo
Fast
Kristo
Miller (prefer him at center, but he's better at RW than LW)
And apparently, according to Hockey365, Duclair actually prefers the right side as well, despite being listed as a LW.

BarbaraAlphanse

WHAT?

Nash
Zuccarello
Callahan (for now)
Dorsett
Carcillo
Fast
Kristo
And apparently, according to Hockey365, Duclair actually prefers the right side as well, despite being listed as a LW.

Words make my head hurt too.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Honestly would take anyone from Chicago cuz those mother *****ers look like super stars

Toffoli is from LA.

But, still, when the LA team came to play the Rangers here at MSG they all went clubbing two nights before and Toffoli tried to make moves on a chick I dig :laugh:

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
WHAT?

Nash
Zuccarello
Callahan (for now)
Dorsett
Carcillo
Fast
Kristo
Callahan will be gone, Dorsett and Carcillo are 4th liners, Fast and Kristo could make the team next season they also may not, and Miller's a Center. Duclair won't be here for what two years? Fast and Kristo could fill the 3 rw spot next season but if were moving Callahan now it would be easier to get a Winger than and young talented center which is everyone's pipe dream.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Trade Callahan for picks, assets. Turn around and trade some of those or other assets for another young forward a la Evander Kane.

Or, hold the key assets. Add a Jagr or Alfredsson at the deadline. Re-sign G. Compete.

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
He's not as effective as he use to be

You're right. For half a season, a season which began with a new coach and new system, where training camp and the first several weeks of the season were on the road, and where he's been injured twice, Callahan has not been as effective as he used to be. And by used to be, we mean the last 4-5 years, when he was the best all-around player on the team on a near nightly basis.

What a ******! Get him out of here! Because if there's one thing we know, it's that the money that would be spent on Callahan, who earned it by helping carry several absolutely pathetic teams into the playoffs numerous times, will instead be used in a far wiser fashion. That's what Glen Sather does best, after all. Everyone that thinks Callahan will be the next Drury will surely be thrilled when the money that wasn't paid to Callahan will instead be paid to the next Redden or Gomez.

Sigh...this team's fanbase gets harder to stomach with every passing season...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It's not even close. Girardi is much more difficult to replace. Callahan is a great guy, our captain, but he is not worth 5m+

BarbaraAlphanse

Trade Callahan for picks, assets. Turn around and trade some of those or other assets for another young forward a la Evander Kane.

Or, hold the key assets. Add a Jagr or Alfredsson at the deadline. Re-sign G. Compete.

Not a bad idea, except I don't see the Devils trading him to a rival in the middle of their playoff push. Nor do I see the Redwings trading Alfie after he left Ottawa for them.

Do we want Kane, another inconsistent enigma who doesn't bring it every game? Is that the guy we want to replace Callahan, a guy who leads by example and heart? I hope not.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You're right. For half a season, a season which began with a new coach and new system, where training camp and the first several weeks of the season were on the road, and where he's been injured twice, Callahan has not been as effective as he used to be. And by used to be, we mean the last 4-5 years, when he was the best all-around player on the team on a near nightly basis.

What a ******! Get him out of here! Because if there's one thing we know, it's that the money that would be spent on Callahan, who earned it by helping carry several absolutely pathetic teams into the playoffs numerous times, will instead be used in a far wiser fashion. That's what Glen Sather does best, after all. Everyone that thinks Callahan will be the next Drury will surely be thrilled when the money that wasn't paid to Callahan will instead be paid to the next Redden or Gomez.

Sigh...this team's fanbase gets harder to stomach with every passing season...
I sort of get this line of thinking. Sather will mess it up somehow, but I guess its safer to mess it up with a player who's been here for awhile rather than a potential Gomez 2.0 like Stastny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad