Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
stoll+ is not coming back for brian boyle+gabs.. hes huge part of the kings and noway hes sent east..

I could see scuderi+Justin Williams for Gabs.. id be ok with that

Justin williams plays a gritty hard noise game that can play in any situation and has been used this year playing with brown and kopitar..

if i am trading gabs+ i either want:

Phx: Yandle, Torres or at least torres, Rundblad, 1st/korpedo back

LA: Dream would be M. Richards
But.. id settle for Justin Williams, Scuderi, 1st pick/prospect with a lot of potential..

SJ: Pavs+clowe, but realistically id settle for Clowe+Boyle

def a market for him... if we dont get what slats is demanding, which you know he always does well on trades.. then we keep him.. no need to rock the boat..

but deff look at clowe, torres, ott, etc.. which everyones been saying..

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
If WPG are interested, and Slats wants to trade Gabby, I'd take Wheeler (pref signed), a first and a prospect

I wish! The Jets are playing VERY well and Wheeler has a lot to do with it. Always liked him. Also the Jets are getting healthy and will get their powerplay quarterback Tobias Enstrom soon. They can be a sleeper in the East.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Williams, as a player makes sense. He frees up room for contracts in the offseason and is still a serviceable top six player.

We're still getting worse with that trade without the acquisition of something else.

*Bob Richards*

Is there any substance/rumors on a Gaborik to Detroit trade? I've only heard LA, Vancouver and San Jose so far.

Kershaw

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, actually I believe the opposite. I believe he is a VERY good player. I was hoping the Rangers would trade for him when he was buried in the AHL.

However, LA is stacked on defense. Muzzin is scoring at a .5ppg pace. Doughty is clearly their best defenseman. He gets the tough match-ups.

Muzzin is scoring at a very unsustainable team on ice sh% and gets to play on unit one over Voynov only because of his LH shot. He is 5th amongst Kings defenders in TOI/PG, Voynov is 3rd is anchoring the 2nd pairing. I'm sure LAK will keep their stud PMD to provide multiple threats on each defense pairing, which is why they won it all last year. Scuderi-Voynov is their McDonagh-Girardi of last year. There is a 0% chance they move him, especially for a UFA to be winger.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Williams, as a player makes sense. He frees up room for contracts in the offseason and is still a serviceable top six player.

We're still getting worse with that trade without the acquisition of something else.

That's why it has to be Williams + for Gaborik. Clifford? Forbort? Picks?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Is there any substance/rumors on a Gaborik to Detroit trade? I've only heard LA, Vancouver and San Jose so far.

I haven't heard anything. I was the one who started that conversation a long while ago as I think it makes sense. They play a system that would help him and he would play with Datsyuk.

Muzzin is scoring at a very unsustainable team on ice sh% and gets to play on unit one over Voynov only because of his LH shot. He is 5th amongst Kings defenders in TOI/PG, Voynov is 3rd is anchoring the 2nd pairing. I'm sure LAK will keep their stud PMD to provide multiple threats on each defense pairing, which is why they won it all last year. Scuderi-Voynov is their McDonagh-Girardi of last year. There is a 0% chance they move him, especially for a UFA to be winger.

Again, not disagreeing with you. Just stating they seem to have found a decent option for their top PP unit in Muzzin and still have some good young d-men on the way or close to NHL ready.

The Kings have always liked Gaborik.

Kershaw

I haven't heard anything. I was the one who started that conversation a long while ago as I think it makes sense. They play a system that would help him and he would play with Datsyuk.

Again, not disagreeing with you. Just stating they seem to have found a decent option for their top PP unit in Muzzin and still have some good young d-men on the way or close to NHL ready.

The Kings have always liked Gaborik.

Muzzin's played 20 games and is on a hot start to begin his career. Dean Lombardi is way smarter than that to even think about exploring to trade Voynov.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The reason I'm skeptical of LA is because they have a finisher already in Carter.

You guys know how much I like Dustin Brown. But obviously they're not trading their captain after winning a cup.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
I would be shocked if LA trades Voynov. He is well on his way to being a stud, he has top pairing PP QB written all over him. And LA has the luxury of playing him behind DD, and he is cheap. Voynov is the reason it was so easy for them to trade MFJJ last year.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
And this Evander Kane talk is so ridiculous it's embarrassing. The assets it would take to pry a player like that out of a team in a new hockey starved market that is playing their best hockey in years and looking to win their division. Really??

BarbaraAlphanse

Gaborik for Filppula/Franzen + White/Kindl + Tatar/Nyquist.

Added depth.

He seems to be picking his game up lately. Hoping this continues. I like him on that richards and nash line. makes him incredibly dangerous.

kreider on teh 2nd line also adds scoring threat. don't think we need to move him at this point.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Why would Detroit ever give up Nyquist for a 1 year rental?

Because I expect any team trading for Gaborik would be planning to keep him past the end of his contract. he isn't 40 years old, he has another 3-4 years in him at least.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012

I kind of doubt that. Datsyuk has primarily played with Abdelkader, Franzen, or Cleary this season. Abdelkader/Franzen are replacements for Homer (who used to play with Pavel) -- big bodies who crash the net, set up screens, and create space for Pavel. Cleary, when he has played on that line is in some ways filling a hole (Franzen injury) - but is slotted there over other options in part because he can dig out loose pucks and works hard. None of those things are adjectives I would associate with Gaborik's game. Nor does Gabby play an overly responsible defensive game despite playing under Torts. Gabby's no schmuck, but he just doesn't play a style of hockey that the Wings' organization has ever valued under Holland/Bowman/Dave Lewis/Babcock (rightly so in my mind).

Not to mention it just isn't a good fit. They aren't moving any top 4 d-men (they are desperate for d as it is and are cited in talks with other teams for top d-men). And they aren't moving any of their young talent in Tatar, Nyquist, Kindl, etc (even though they are fighting for playoff seed position, Holland isn't an idiot and doesn't throw away the team's future for a one or two year run; it's how they've been so successful for so many years).

That leaves core players like Filppula, Cleary, Franzen, Samuelsson (injured), Abdelkader, White (he's bottom pairing d, and there were reports that they have had talks with him recently about his future). All of those are players I could see them being open to trading for the right price. But I do not see a combination there that justifies a deal for Gaborik (from their, or our perspective).

Last edited:

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
Because I expect any team trading for Gaborik would be planning to keep him past the end of his contract. he isn't 40 years old, he has another 3-4 years in him at least.

But it's Gaborik. Injury prone, weak, etc...

If it were Hossa we were talking about, I could understand giving up a Nyquist. I just don't see that kind of value in Gaborik, at this point in his career.

*Bob Richards*

But it's Gaborik. Injury prone, weak, etc...

If it were Hossa we were talking about, I could understand giving up a Nyquist. I just don't see that kind of value in Gaborik, at this point in his career.

Marian Hossa gets injured constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad