Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'd do Gaborik for Williams + enough young pieces to make a Dan Boyle trade palatable.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Justin Williams? Meh, he's more of a supporting player in the top 6. How much value does Slava Voynov hold in a trade? Too much for Gaborik? Just right?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
well the Kings are not moving Brown, Richards, Carter, Kopitar..........so the Justin Williams name makes sense, he's better than some here are giving credit but with that said Rangers need more.

Kings have some nice depth guys.

If Stoll is involved then Boyle should go back.

Scuderi on D maybe with this Muzzin kid doing so well?

Dorado*

If Calgary sends Iggy to LAK . If they were thinking OF taking 6.6 m cap hit back for Boyle I'd send Gaby to Cal for Jay Bo . Would throw in Gilroy as a consolation d man . ( dream a little dream ) same cap hit as Boyle much younger and better. 5 on 5

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Gaborik for Williams would be a downgrade IMO. As much as Gaborik has been underwhelming so far this season, he was nothing short of a beast for us before this. Trading him in a lateral-at-best move for Williams, who hasn't equaled Gaborik's numbers for a long, long time and is an unknown as far as playing with this team goes, is silly.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Gaborik for Williams would be a downgrade IMO. As much as Gaborik has been underwhelming so far this season, he was nothing short of a beast for us before this. Trading him in a lateral-at-best move for Williams, who hasn't equaled Gaborik's numbers for a long, long time and is an unknown as far as playing with this team goes, is silly.
Trading him straight up would be ridiculous.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
If Calgary sends Iggy to LAK . If they were thinking OF taking 6.6 m cap hit back for Boyle I'd send Gaby to Cal for Jay Bo . Would throw in Gilroy as a consolation d man . ( dream a little dream ) same cap hit as Boyle much younger and better. 5 on 5

You like to rag on Pyatt for being soft. Meanwhile, he has 55 hits, compared to JayBo's 26. He would be the new whipping boy as soon as he completed his first game.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Get me Voynov, Slats. Should have listened the first time we told you to get him.

Yep. Maybe with Muzzin's emergence they feel Voynov can be moved? Let's hope so. Clifford as well please.

well the Kings are not moving Brown, Richards, Carter, Kopitar..........so the Justin Williams name makes sense, he's better than some here are giving credit but with that said Rangers need more.

Kings have some nice depth guys.

If Stoll is involved then Boyle should go back.

Scuderi on D maybe with this Muzzin kid doing so well?

I think it will be Stoll instead of Williams. Just makes sense. I said it a few days ago.

It wouldn't be just Williams though. Williams + Voynov/Clifford + Forbort +?

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Do all of LA's defensemen shoot lefty except for Voynov and Doughty?

No real interest in Scuderi, Williams has two years left after this one, I don't really see it as a fit. If I'm Slats i would insist on the return for Gaborik to involve both Williams and Voynov, start from there.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If WPG are interested, and Slats wants to trade Gabby, I'd take Wheeler (pref signed), a first and a prospect

Kershaw

lol no way in hell they move Voynov. He's better than Doughty this year and still has his bridge contract upcoming. He's like their McDonagh.

I'd trade Gabby straight up for Voynov. Not a Zubov, but I think he's personally already a top pair guy and best Russian d-man in the league.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Like I said, Stoll makes far more sense than Williams. The Rangers lack a 3rd line center. They see that Miller, Kreider, Thomas, Hrivik are mainly wingers. Fasth is a winger as well. Lindberg is definitely a center but will he start there at the NHL level?

Gaborik + Boyle for Stoll + Voynov + Clifford + Forbort

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
lol no way in hell they move Voynov. He's better than Doughty this year and still has his bridge contract upcoming. He's like their McDonagh.

I'd trade Gabby straight up for Voynov. Not a Zubov, but I think he's personally already a top pair guy and best Russian d-man in the league.

Voynov is good. He's not THAT good. Top-4 guy when paired with a defensive d-man. Luckily the Rangers have (3) of those guys already in Staal, McDonagh and Girardi.

Kershaw

Voynov is good. He's not THAT good. Top-4 guy when paired with a defensive d-man. Luckily the Rangers have (3) of those guys already in Staal, McDonagh and Girardi.

He is exactly at the same stage McDonagh was last year.

He finally got his shot, like McDonagh after an AHL call up this year and played well enough for the Kings to move Jack Johnson to open up more minutes for him. He played at a high end level in the playoffs and has taken off this year. He is tied for 6th in pts amongst defensemen, despite playing 2nd pair PP minutes. His skating ability is at a high end level, like McDonagh. When I see the Kings play, him and Kopitar are their most noticeable players. I think he can compete for a Norris down the line.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Like I said, Stoll makes far more sense than Williams. The Rangers lack a 3rd line center. They see that Miller, Kreider, Thomas, Hrivik are mainly wingers. Fasth is a winger as well. Lindberg is definitely a center but will he start there at the NHL level?

Gaborik + Boyle for Stoll + Voynov + Clifford + Forbort

Done.

Kershaw

If Sather gets Voynov then I'..... I don't even have anything to bet anymore.....

Dorado*

You like to rag on Pyatt for being soft. Meanwhile, he has 55 hits, compared to JayBo's 26. He would be the new whipping boy as soon as he completed his first game.
Yes but I've been to games where J Bo played 30 minutes and pretty much had the puck he entire game also . And Dan Boyle isn't exactly Beukeboom

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He is exactly at the same stage McDonagh was last year.

He finally got his shot, like McDonagh after an AHL call up this year and played well enough for the Kings to move Jack Johnson to open up more minutes for him. He played at a high end level in the playoffs and has taken off this year. He is tied for 6th in pts amongst defensemen, despite playing 2nd pair PP minutes. His skating ability is at a high end level, like McDonagh. When I see the Kings play, him and Kopitar are their most noticeable players. I think he can compete for a Norris down the line.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, actually I believe the opposite. I believe he is a VERY good player. I was hoping the Rangers would trade for him when he was buried in the AHL.

However, LA is stacked on defense. Muzzin is scoring at a .5ppg pace. Doughty is clearly their best defenseman. He gets the tough match-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad