Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Kassian is an OK piece, the first is likely going to be very late, and Raymond is a UFA at seasons end.. Thats a horrible deal for Gaborik unbelievable people would move him for that.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Any trade has to be a good young player + very good prospect + 1st + some sort of cap coming back.

Kassian
Jensen
Raymond/Booth
1st

Gaborik
Boyle

This team needs a shakeup badly

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

I'd get that checked out.

Curious, why not a first?

Kassian is a nice piece, but he has been struggling this year.

I'd definitely hope for a first, I don't know if VAN would be willing to give up Kassian AND a 1st, though.

Personally, I'm VERY high on Kassian. I think he's got a ton of potential. His skill/size combo is pretty intriguing to me.

I'd ask for a 1st.

As would I, not sure if they'd get the 1st, though.

Not enough IMO. Raymond is a UFA at years end. If he walks they get only Kassian + 2nd?

The Canucks 1st will be late this season. Them adding that will not hold THAT much value

Didn't realize that Raymond was a UFA.

I guess the first makes a lot more sense, then.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Any trade has to be a good young player + very good prospect + 1st + some sort of cap coming back.

Kassian
Jensen
Raymond/Booth
1st

Gaborik
Boyle

I'd rather deal Gaborik and Boyle separately.

Zassian + Hansen + 1st for Gaborik is what I'd ask for.
Edit: Problem is that we have to take back salary for them to fit Gaborik.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Gaborik should go nowhere until the off-season. Trade him and get a first-rounder+ at the draft.

Boyle should be on the block, I have not the slightest idea what he could fetch at this point though.

Would love to explore getting Foligno out of Columbus, but with the way they're rolling, I don't think they're going to trade off too many pieces.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Kassian
Jensen
Raymond/Booth
1st

Gaborik
Boyle

That's more than Nash garnered, and as we can see, Nash is the superior player to Gaborik.

I think people need to temper their expectations on his return.

I'd be happy getting a couple of solid NHL pieces back, like Kassian and Raymond. Adds talented depth to the lineup.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
That's more than Nash garnered, and as we can see, Nash is the superior player to Gaborik.

I think people need to temper their expectations on his return.

I'd be happy getting a couple of solid NHL pieces back, like Kassian and Raymond. Adds talented depth to the lineup.

Nash had a NMC. Big difference.

What will Iginla get? Burns returned Coyle + 1st + Seto. 1 year from UFA and he had major concussion issues as well

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Kassian is an OK piece, the first is likely going to be very late, and Raymond is a UFA at seasons end.. Thats a horrible deal for Gaborik unbelievable people would move him for that.

Yeah not a fan either.

Want all young pieces that are RFA or prospects/picks. Unless it's a young UFA they can definitely resign.

Best:

Top6 upside NHL ready forward, top4 upside NHL ready RH D, pick (2nd or 1st, players depending)

Acceptable:

Top6 upside NHL ready forward, prospect, pick (1st)

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
He was also younger, much younger, and a #1 defenseman. Gaborik is a 32 year old winger. He can also be traded to only 10 teams.

im pretty sure he can be traded to 19 teams. burns was also a pending UFA. u pay more for a guaranteed year of service.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He was also younger, much younger, and a #1 defenseman. Gaborik is a 32 year old winger. He can also be traded to only 10 teams.

Gaboriks agent said he gets to send in a list of what 6 teams at the start of the season? I believe him over HNIC.

There will be multiple teams interested. Nash had very few available suitors

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
im pretty sure he can be traded to 19 teams. burns was also a pending UFA. u pay more for a guaranteed year of service.

He was traded with a year left, they got a guaranteed year of service. They signed him to an extension fairly quickly, though, so it wasn't a huge factor.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Vancouver is in cap hell, they can't fit Gaborik's salary if we don't take back or keep some salary. Just not doable.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'd rather wait to trade Gaborik (if we do) until the off season. Then we could plan our off season accordingly with our RFAs and see what kind of money we have to bring in some other players to put with who we retain and who we gain in the Gaborik trade.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Boyle's value is about a late second, early 3rd. Maybe more if the market heats up.
3 teams appear to have the hots for him, Hawks, Habs and Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad