Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Blum and Ellis are interchangeable to me. Bourque over Hornqvist for me though

Not sure about that. I actually prefer Blum and Hornvist.
Blum has the better size can handle the physicality of the east.
Hornqvist can play top 6, he would be a nice LW option. Bourque is a bottom 6 player.
Bourque is 5'10. Love the guy, but I don't see him surviving the east. a couple of hits from Chara or Lucic and he is on the shelf.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Not sure about that. I actually prefer Blum and Hornvist.
Blum has the better size can handle the physicality of the east.
Hornqvist can play top 6, he would be a nice LW option. Bourque is a bottom 6 player.
Bourque is 5'10. Love the guy, but I don't see him surviving the east. a couple of hits from Chara or Lucic and he is on the shelf.

Blum is pretty soft. Bourque is so similar to Callahan it's actually one of funny

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Well, what he said today puzzles me though. He doesn't coach offense, he leaves it up to the players? That makes no sense.
He should have kept his mouth shot. Either he is throwing the players under the bus or is divulging something that shouldn't have been.

What makes even less sense is people saying Torts is stifling offensive creativity when he the coach says something like that.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Blum is pretty soft. Bourque is so similar to Callahan it's actually one of funny

I know but we need somebody who can produce offensively too, we already have a Callahan.

Edit: On Blum, he can pair up with somebody like Staal or McD. He is an offensive Dman. but he has the size to take a hit and make a play.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I know but we need somebody who can produce offensively too, we already have a Callahan.

Can never have too many Callahans.

Bourque would be tied for first on the team in goals. He's a solid young player.

Not a player that should be the centerpiece of a Gabby trade, though, IMO.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Can never have too many Callahans.

Bourque would be tied for first on the team in goals. He's a solid young player.

Not a player that should be the centerpiece of a Gabby trade, though, IMO.

He is shooting 21%, that won't last.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'd love Gabriel Bouque. I think Nashville would make a lot of sense for Gaborik, for both teams.

Don't suppose we can pry Colin Wilson from them, can we?

Kershaw

I'd love Gabriel Bouque. I think Nashville would make a lot of sense for Gaborik, for both teams.

Don't suppose we can pry Colin Wilson from them, can we?

Nope. He's their best offensive player. If anything, they want to add more Wilsons in the lineup.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Preds fans are higher on Hornqvist than Bourque. And to tell you the truth either one would work for me, I don't want to split hairs.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Nope. He's their best offensive player. If anything, they want to add more Wilsons in the lineup.

It's nice to dream though. If Slats could get Wilson for Gabby....

Bouque, Blum, Ellis, as well as guys like Vesey and Watson, could all be intriguing pieces in a package for Gaborik.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
The dark horse is Detroit. I wonder if Holland is willing to give Zetterburg and Datsyuk one more shot a cup.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hoping for more. Hawks fans have offered Olsen + 4th, numerous times, they are loaded with prospects. McNeil would be a nice get.

He would be, but Hawks are being generous with 4th added to Olsen, who is a late first.
They do not want to be suckers doing a 1 for 1 for McNeil.
It is possible to think of a bigger deal of Boyle +, but some of us need to stop insisting on Boyle for McNeil as 1 for 1, and either expand, or accept the upgrade and move on.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He would be, but Hawks are being generous with 4th added to Olsen, who is a late first.
They do not want to be suckers doing a 1 for 1 for McNeil.
It is possible to think of a bigger deal of Boyle +, but some of us need to stop insisting on Boyle for McNeil as 1 for 1, and either expand, or accept the upgrade and move on.

Olsen is quite old for a prospect. He is there Sanguinetti.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
That has always been the destination that has made the most sense to me.
the pieces don't fit though. Their top talent is off the table, left with Jurco + one of Tatar or Nyquist at best.
Jurco is 2 years away, Tatar needs more seasoning, maybe a year, the only NHL ready is Nyquist. Not as good as Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad