Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
They can't resign him in a year. He is the teams 3rd RW right now. Looks lost.

I don't even care if Torts goes. But just know that it takes weeks to learn a new system.

He's only the 3rd RW right now because our coach is a damn idiot.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
All of Kassian's goals came from great plays by the Sedins. As far as I'm concerned, Buffalo won that trade. Any forwards from the '10 and '11 draft classes that would be available for Gaborik?

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
All of Kassian's goals came from great plays by the Sedins. As far as I'm concerned, Buffalo won that trade. Any forwards from the '10 and '11 draft classes that would be available for Gaborik?

Teams needs some toughness in the top 9. between Kassian and Clowe, I'd take Kassian easily.
Clowe's value is going through the roof and he is a UFA.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Or because he is sucking?

Just like you said, he had 41 goals last year. Same team. Same coach. But hey, it's easier to blame the coach for the lackadaisical attitude of a 7.5 million dollar player

he played with Brian Boyle and Jt Miller last year?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Is that where he has been playing most of the year? Is he not getting PP time as well? Did he not play with Richards and Stepan this year as well?

Thats where he's been playing lately... and yes he's gotten PP time and guess what? the PP has actually been scoring lately.. How much time has he gotten with Stepan this season? as Torts the idiot says, put them with Stepan and he seems to make those around him better, also they had great chemistry last year.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
he played with Brian Boyle and Jt Miller last year?
Gaborik's top-10 linemates this season:

BRADRICHARDS 52.3 MICHAELDELZOTTO 43.5 MARCSTAAL 39.9 RYANMCDONAGH 35.0 RICKNASH 32.1 DANGIRARDI 31.4 RYANCALLAHAN 30.1 ANTONSTRALMAN 30.1 DEREKSTEPAN 29.8 CARLHAGELIN 17.1

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Thats where he's been playing lately... and yes he's gotten PP time and guess what? the PP has actually been scoring lately.. How much time has he gotten with Stepan this season? as Torts the idiot says, put them with Stepan and he seems to make those around him better, also they had great chemistry last year.

Torts cannot have gone from Adams candidate to stupid in 24 games. I think there are structural issues with this team that he cannot fix in this shortened season.
If the team still struggles next season, I will be the first one leading the pitchfork party.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Torts cannot have gone from Adams candidate to stupid in 24 games. I think there are structural issues with this team that he cannot fix in this shortened season.
If the team still struggles next season, I will be the first one leading the pitchfork party.

Why do people give Torts that kind of credit.. It was Lundqvist and our defense who won him that damn award. We still couldn't score for ****. We barely beat ottawa and Washington and we got owned by the Devils because everyone in this league has figured out the Rangers strategy.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Why do people give Torts that kind of credit.. It was Lundqvist and our defense who won him that damn award. We still couldn't score for ****. We barely beat ottawa and Washington and we got owned by the Devils because everyone in this league has figured out the Rangers strategy.

Well actually, the blame should have gone to Sully. He handles the defense. I think McD and Girardi ran out of gas. That team was built on defense and he ran them to the ground.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

So you want to blame him for everything bad and not give him credit for anything good? See any problem with that thinking?

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
So you want to blame him for everything bad and not give him credit for anything good? See any problem with that thinking?

Well, what he said today puzzles me though. He doesn't coach offense, he leaves it up to the players? That makes no sense.
He should have kept his mouth shot. Either he is throwing the players under the bus or is divulging something that shouldn't have been.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Well, what he said today puzzles me though. He doesn't coach offense, he leaves it up to the players? That makes no sense.
He should have kept his mouth shot. Either he is throwing the players under the bus or is divulging something that shouldn't have been.

I can't comment on that. I was stuck watching the Penguins feed on tv where I am.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Winning cures everything.
As soon as they start winning, they can change the subject we talk about.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

He is the problem with the offense.. He even said so himself, he doesn't teach offense he leaves that up to the players, ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS DEFENSE. He's the safest damn coach I've ever seen in my freaking life.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm watching the Wings Canucks game. Tootoo has 4 points so far this season. He would have been a great fit on this team. That's more points than Asham, Boyle, Halpern, Powe. Tied with Miller.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'm watching the Wings Canucks game. Tootoo has 4 points so far this season. He would have been a great fit on this team. That's more points than Asham, Boyle, Halpern, Powe. Tied with Miller.

pretty funny we'd all take someone with 4 points. :laugh::laugh:

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Weren't people criticizing Torts earlier in the year because they thought he wasn't giving players any freedom to play their own game? Now people are pissed because he is leaving them to their own devices and not telling them how to play offense?

The contradictions are getting tiresome, choose an opinion and stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad