Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Like I said, I have come in peace and have no interest in arguing. Except for one fan, apparently I have made the stupidest trade proposal ever on these boards.

As I leave with my tail between my legs, let me recap , from my perspective.

The Oil should be a scoring juggernaut with the 2 best top 6 centers since Crosby and Malkin, but after 20 games are scoring at a rate of 2.5 goals per game. Draisatl is playing on McDavid's wing.

My trade offers you one of the highest scoring LW in the NHL of these last 4 years and he has done that without a legitimate top 6 center. Yes, he has just this and next year on his contract, which pays him $4.5M a year. He is also very good defensively and plays on the PK.

I am also offering one of the most aggressive, determined pests who can score 20 plus goals when his hand is not broken due to a Weber slap shot. Also a solid 2 way player.

The Oilers I would think would have their scoring woes answered easily by these 2 way players and would be able to contend right now.

My trade is apparently stupid because RNH is the best player in the deal ( no, that would be Patches), your 1st is untouchable ( presumably not so much after you guys start scoring goals again) and Puljujarvi could be a rock star. Yes, he could, but maybe not , that is the risk, but he isn't right now and maybe will not be for some years.

You don't like the trade ok, no problem, but you were not being offered junk for a diamond.

As a Habs fan I know all about a team not making enough of the hard choices and necessary moves to go for the Cup

Anyway, good luck this year. Sounds like both our teams need it.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Might be time to double down on OEL with the Yotes.

Move

To ARI: Klefbom, Benning, Russell, Slepyshev, Jones, 2018 1st and 2019 2nd

To EDM: OEL, Demers, Schenn and Reider

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
Might be time to double down on OEL with the Yotes.

Move

To ARI: Klefbom, Benning, Russell, Slepyshev, Jones, 2018 1st and 2019 2nd

To EDM: OEL, Demers, Schenn and Reider

lol

This trade would never happen.

If we are getting OEL, he would be the only player coming back, maybe a small add to even things out.

Huge trades like this don't happen anymore.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Like I said, I have come in peace and have no interest in arguing. Except for one fan, apparently I have made the stupidest trade proposal ever on these boards.

As I leave with my tail between my legs, let me recap , from my perspective.

The Oil should be a scoring juggernaut with the 2 best top 6 centers since Crosby and Malkin, but after 20 games are scoring at a rate of 2.5 goals per game. Draisatl is playing on McDavid's wing.

My trade offers you one of the highest scoring LW in the NHL of these last 4 years and he has done that without a legitimate top 6 center. Yes, he has just this and next year on his contract, which pays him $4.5M a year. He is also very good defensively and plays on the PK.

I am also offering one of the most aggressive, determined pests who can score 20 plus goals when his hand is not broken due to a Weber slap shot. Also a solid 2 way player.

The Oilers I would think would have their scoring woes answered easily by these 2 way players and would be able to contend right now.

My trade is apparently stupid because RNH is the best player in the deal ( no, that would be Patches), your 1st is untouchable ( presumably not so much after you guys start scoring goals again) and Puljujarvi could be a rock star. Yes, he could, but maybe not , that is the risk, but he isn't right now and maybe will not be for some years.

You don't like the trade ok, no problem, but you were not being offered junk for a diamond.

As a Habs fan I know all about a team not making enough of the hard choices and necessary moves to go for the Cup

Anyway, good luck this year. Sounds like both our teams need it.

RNH is 5yrs younger, signed for longer and is currently outproducing this top LWer of the NHL.
Switch Puljujarvi with Maroon and the Oilers would consider.

Pacioretty+Gallagher for RNH+Maroon+1st

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
lol

This trade would never happen.

If we are getting OEL, he would be the only player coming back, maybe a small add to even things out.

Huge trades like this don't happen anymore.
I guess, so just do an apology trade where the Oilers move Slepyshev to the Pens for a Det's 5th and hope the League accepts it.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
RNH is 5yrs younger, signed for longer and is currently outproducing this top LWer of the NHL.
Switch Puljujarvi with Maroon and the Oilers would consider.

Pacioretty+Gallagher for RNH+Maroon+1st

Hmmm, a reasonable counter proposal for sure. What about just Patches for RNH straight up ?

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Hmmm, a reasonable counter proposal for sure. What about just Patches for RNH straight up ?
LW is not an issue for Oilers. Pacioretty, Lucic,Maroon would get crowded. With RNH out, Draisaitl will be forced to play C leaving a big hole at RW.

savings of 1.5M is not worth making this swap and losing all flexibility.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

So despite Pacioretty being the most valuable player now you're willing to trade him straight up for Nuge? Weird. I think the Habs are a perfect example of how hard it is to get a 1st line center, this is why i say Nuge is worth more along with age and contracts. At this point you want to trade a guy who's 6 months away from being a rental for the player who played the toughest minutes in the league last year for a center enabling the Oilers to have their best season in forever. He's also our best PKer IMO. The Oilers could use Pacioretty, he's a great player, but he's coming up on being a rental and Nuge is a core player that a team can build around for a decade.

Also this proposal indicated you think that Gallagher is worth Puljujarvi and a 1st, which is insane.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
LW is not an issue for Oilers. Pacioretty, Lucic,Maroon would get crowded. With RNH out, Draisaitl will be forced to play C leaving a big hole at RW.

savings of 1.5M is not worth making this swap and losing all flexibility.

I get your point, and actually that is why I added Gallagher in the first place.

If you had Patches you could move Maroon for whatever if you wished as the Habs would not be interested in him. If it is RNH, Puljujarvi and your 1st, what would you need in addition to Patches and Gallagher ?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I get your point, and actually that is why I added Gallagher in the first place.

If you had Patches you could move Maroon for whatever if you wished as the Habs would not be interested in him. If it is RNH, Puljujarvi and your 1st, what would you need in addition to Patches and Gallagher ?
Your first?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So despite Pacioretty being the most valuable player now you're willing to trade him straight up for Nuge? Weird. I think the Habs are a perfect example of how hard it is to get a 1st line center, this is why i say Nuge is worth more along with age and contracts. At this point you want to trade a guy who's 6 months away from being a rental for the player who played the toughest minutes in the league last year for a center enabling the Oilers to have their best season in forever. He's also our best PKer IMO. The Oilers could use Pacioretty, he's a great player, but he's coming up on being a rental and Nuge is a core player that a team can build around for a decade.

Also this proposal indicated you think that Gallagher is worth Puljujarvi and a 1st, which is insane.

You are right that my value on Patches was higher than the value I put on RNH, rightly or wrongly, but then back peddled with the counter. Did not think it through enough and you caught me on it. So no, actually was not valuing Gallagher equally to Puljujarvi and your 1st originally.

Anyway, I thought my original offer helped both clubs and the value was about right, but your valuation for RNH and mine of Patches ( original proposal ) is not shared by the other. Fair enough then.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
He played 7 games with the Condours. Zero's across the board and a minus 2.

We have enough D depth on the farm.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
But this board told me I was supposed to be extremely excited about Paigin.
I was pretty excited when I saw him play in the KHL in 14-15. Looked like a very interesting prospect. His career went off the rails last season and he wasn't able to bounce back this year. Had a pretty bad training camp, his skating/mobility was an issue.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Big surprise with Paigin, I don't know that it rules him out completely going forward within the organization (because they hold his rights still I think), but he's clearly behind the eight ball. I assume he wasn't happy with sitting as often as he was in Bakersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad