Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
If Chia is on phone trying to make deals, someone better be listening in. I can't see him having a free pass to do whatever he wants now.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why do you assume this? Because it's bad value when you think about it, but if you want to give Nuge away, it makes sense.

Because Chia is dumb so fans make awful trade proposals because "that's what Chia would do" to make a point about what a dummy he is. Doesn't really add much value to the board but I digress.

In any event, I think Chia might have been scouting Evander Kane. He plays that power forward game that Chia generally covets and it's possible that they are fully expecting to lose Maroon after the season.
Then again, it would likely cost the 1st (which should be borderline untouchable) plus a small add so not sure if that's the best move right now. I don't know, just spitballing. I think Chia is looking more at scoring than adding a Dman.

Reactions: OilDrop37

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Because Chia is dumb so fans make awful trade proposals because "that's what Chia would do" to make a point about what a dummy he is. Doesn't really add much value to the board but I digress.

In any event, I think Chia might have been scouting Evander Kane. He plays that power forward game that Chia generally covets and it's possible that they are fully expecting to lose Maroon after the season.
Then again, it would likely cost the 1st (which should be borderline untouchable) plus a small add so not sure if that's the best move right now. I don't know, just spitballing. I think Chia is looking more at scoring than adding a Dman.

Kane is a UFA in July and will command more than Maroon, I don't see how that's a fit. I also don't know how his "character" would fly with a guy like Chia who is obsessed with such things.

Dreger says they're looking at D men sooooo....

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Kane is a UFA in July and will command more than Maroon, I don't see how that's a fit. I also don't know how his "character" would fly with a guy like Chia who is obsessed with such things.

Dreger says they're looking at D men sooooo....

He traded for Kassian, don't think that character is the end all be all and desperate times and all that.
I don't think it makes sense either but desperate GMs tend to make unorthodox moves.

I'm probably wrong but I just have a hunch that Chia is still looking for more scoring. Don't see how they can fit a Dman in when Sekera returns, I think they want to develop Benning so don't see him sitting permanently. I think the Russell deal prevents them from adding any meaningful Dman to the roster.

Also, I take what Dreger says about non-Leafs rumors with a grain of salt.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
He traded for Kassian, don't think that character is the end all be all and desperate times and all that.
I don't think it makes sense either but desperate GMs tend to make unorthodox moves.

I'm probably wrong but I just have a hunch that Chia is still looking for more scoring. Don't see how they can fit a Dman in when Sekera returns, I think they want to develop Benning so don't see him sitting permanently. I think the Russell deal prevents them from adding any meaningful Dman to the roster.

Fair enough. That said, a team whose playoffs chances are fading fast spending assets on a rental at this point smacks of desperation.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Klefbom has always been very suspect defensively... it was his offense that kept him up as a decent top 4 option. With his offensive production sliding (and his defense as bad as ever)... he's actually a net negative on the ice on any pairing.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Alcoholics can be excellent teammates once they can fully commit to recovery

Douchebags are always douchebags (at least until someone knocks them out... then they are usually just quieter douchebags)

Reactions: Louis Cypher

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Klefbom has always been very suspect defensively... it was his offense that kept him up as a decent top 4 option. With his offensive production sliding (and his defense as bad as ever)... he's actually a net negative on the ice on any pairing.
His game looked better when Larsson was covering him defensively

Reactions: OilDrop37

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Klefbom had many games where he was driving the paring.

He has regressed this season. I dont see how you or anybody else can argue that.
He drove the pair offensively cause Larrsson was covering his ass. His offense kept puck in their possession which helped. Now that he has been bad there he has nothing at the moment.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He drove the pair offensively cause Larrsson was covering his ass. His offense kept puck in their possession which helped. Now that he has been bad there he has nothing at the moment.

No...he drove the paring period at times. Not just offensively.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
They would've lost his rights June 1 of last year if he wasn't signed. It was now or never to bring him over unless they had some kind of handshake agreement to bring him the following season.

I wonder if him leaving Bakersfield could potentially lead to them bringing William Lagesson back from Sweden. He's on loan there so he's taking up a contract spot either way, and there could be a spot on the farm now. But on the flip side he is playing big minutes over there and playing well from all accounts, so maybe it's just best to leave him be.
According to this article- http://www.lakelawgroup.com/the-eff...uropean-players-and-international-ice-hockey/
We had 4 years to get him signed if he kept playing in the KHL or equivalent European League. Cases like Hemsky and Landeskog where they come from Europe to play in the CHL would decrease our window to 2 years.

This team continues to be incredibly arrogant in assuming we can develop players better than the teams they are playing for in Europe or even the odd college player who we try to pressure to sign sooner than they actually should. Our scouts have been terrible for the past 20+ years cause they make too many poor selection and aren't properly evaluating the NHL readiness of already drafted players or assessing what the ideal path is for their career development, not to mention how we develop them once the parent club has a say.

Lagesson should stay away from our farm club, I don't see him getting the ice time he needs for development, he also plays a very North American gritty style game to begin with, what's holding him back is hockey skills and skating.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Probably, but he has been better then this season.

I wonder if you make a massive deal with the Jackets, really up-end things.

To CLB: Draisaitl, Letestu, Klefbom

To EDM: Wenneberg, Savard and Murray
The Oiler trio scored 36 more goals last year than the CBJ trio or 271% more goals if you prefer, on a goal starved team does that really seem like a sensible choice to you?

We lose hard on this trade, I also called out that Wenneberg was heavily reliant on PP offense for his point totals and that he was unlikely to continue putting up points at the same pace as last year cause CBJ's PP was running unsustainably hot, teams have finally adjusted to covering him he's not much of a scoring threat so you just take away passing lanes on him. Unless Jones or Werenski are on the table I would not even ponder trading Draisaitl to them for a single second.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Apparently they Oilers are looking for a defensemen and they are hovering around....you guessed it... Ryan Murray. You can't make this trash up.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Apparently they Oilers are looking for a defensemen and they are hovering around....you guessed it... Ryan Murray. You can't make this trash up.
Cue Nuge for Murray trade.

If there's any dman I'd like from CBJ not named Werenski/Jones, it'd be Nutivaara.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
In what world does it make sense to trade a guy producing o a team full of forwards who aren' producing chia can't be that dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad