Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Drai won’t be moved period. Him and McDavid will be our Crosby and Malkin. We will keep them for ever. You don’t trade guys like Drai

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Habs fan in peace.

Would you guys have an interest in Patches and Gallagher for RNH, Puljujarvi and your 1st?

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
After looking at their roster. Markus Nutivaara makes some sense... Who we give up I have no idea

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
We can probably get Evander Kane for pennies while we're at it

Pennies?

Some team is going to give up a metric tonne to get Kane with the way he's been producing this season. He and James Neal are going to be the two most highly sought after rentals on the market this year.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
What are the odds of Okposo becoming an Oiler this year? I'd say better than most people think.

Right shot... overpaid... underperforming.

Could be exactly what the Oilers are looking for to add to the right side.
Yes, I know he has a NMC.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Far too much with Pacioretty only having one more year on his contract.

Yes, this and next, that is 2 play offs. It lets you guys spread out your offense and let's you play Draisatl at centre and Gallagher takes the RW spot.

It is a win over next couple of years move for sure.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Habs fan in peace.

Would you guys have an interest in Patches and Gallagher for RNH, Puljujarvi and your 1st?

I'd do that trade but many here hold JP in very high regard and see RNH as more of a #2C than a #3 with Drai stapled to McDavid.

To me the 1st is less of an issue because I think those two players coming in definitely pushes this team towards being a playoff team.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I'd do that trade but many here hold JP in very high regard and see RNH as more of a #2C than a #3 with Drai stapled to McDavid.

To me the 1st is less of an issue because I think those two players coming in definitely pushes this team towards being a playoff team.

This is why I thought it might be of interest. Patches goes LW with McDavid, Draisatl goes to 2C and Gallagher takes top 6 spot at RW.

And yes if the assumption would be that this injection pulls you out of the bottom and contending, so the 1st would not be a high one. For 2 very good top 6 wingers, one of whom is a 1st liner easily, you are giving up one roster player , a high end prospect and a middling 1 st.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Disappointing week for Chia followers.
First, he doesn't think team speed is an issue, which means we're not looking to fix it. That's like Maas not recognizing that his play call was bad. Feels like we're back in the dark ages where are management is the last to know.
Then, he cuts off media showing a complete lack of accountability. Lead from the top I guess.

Who knew that continually trading talent for less talent would eventually hurt the team? I think that continual downward spiral has turned this team from a perennial potential cup contender to a perennial potential playoff contender.

Still, I think this is (or a least should be) a playoff team.

First move, I put Chia on probation. He no longer has the red telephone and must review with a higher authority before trades are approved (find somebody...anybody not associated with that job previously). Also gives him a shot across the bow, we see what you are doing and don't necessary like it. Improve.
Second, I give this roster at least 20 more games prior to any decisions. I want to see what this team looks like with Sekera for a least 10 games.
If the team responds and competes then let it ride.
If the team stays the course, then it's time for Plan B: The Chia rebuild.

Plan B:
Fire Chia. Public shaming, shave mustache, etc...
At trade deadline, remove bad Chia contracts (Russell and Lucic) by adding assets. For example, Russell + Maroon for 6th round pick. Lucic and Letestu for 6th round pick. Scratch them if they won't remove NMC. More cap space for next GM.
Collect high draft pick (rebuild lost talent).
Rebuild 4.0
Sigh.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd poke around on Savard, but they seem to want a top six center. Maybe they kinda miss the PP option that Gagner brought last year. One of Letestu/Strome plus Benning may move the needle?

Strome + Benning for Savard might make some sense if they are high on Strome.

Also if he's now looking for D at this point, I love the "lets wait until Sekera is almost back until doing something on D" approach. Wonderful Chia. You're a genius.

Maybe the news that the cap will likely go way up now has him looking at other players that he otherwise wouldn't be able to land?

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
With all this trade talk speculating , I hope to god Chai doesn't panic and deal JP and\or our first round pick.

It is far and beyond too early to give up on JP. He clearly has the tools to be a superstar and I see him as a big part of our franchise moving forward. Some guys just take longer to develop . Jamie Benn spent two years in junior after being drafted . It's not a stretch to say JP could one day be as talented as Benn.

Plus, JPs super low cap hit until his ELC ends is ideal, considering how much money we are paying some other guys .

As for the pick, there's no guarantee that adding talent will get us out of this hole. Let's say we trade our number one for a winger but we go through injuries and end up winning the lottery thus missing out on Dahlin. It would be the blunder of the century . The kid is generational and I couldn't imagine any club trading their first this year.

Why destroy our future just because we are off to a dismal start?

I 100 percent agree we need to make a trade and I hope Chai pulls the trigger soon but those two assets should be untouchable .

Nuge will have to go eventually due to his cap hit so if the right offer comes along then go for it . You have to sell high and Nuge is playing amazing this season. I love the guy and wish we could keep him forever but it is what it is.

With that being said , I'm worried Chai will once again get bent over backwards in a deal if he trades Nuge.

Fingers crossed fellas .

Last edited:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Yes, this and next, that is 2 play offs. It lets you guys spread out your offense and let's you play Draisatl at centre and Gallagher takes the RW spot.

It is a win over next couple of years move for sure.

It's a terrible move. We're giving up a 4th overall pick with really good tools and a guy who at 24 is producing at a 1st line rate at evens and despite a lack of PP time is a proven elite PP player. Nuge is literally the most valuable player in the deal, young two way centers are worth more than wingers with 1.5 years left. Puljujarvi is worth more than Gallagher given how injury prone he is and questions as to whether his style will allow him to hold up. I like both players but that's a brutal trade.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
It's a terrible move. We're giving up a 4th overall pick with really good tools and a guy who at 24 is producing at a 1st line rate at evens and despite a lack of PP time is a proven elite PP player. Nuge is literally the most valuable player in the deal, young two way centers are worth more than wingers with 1.5 years left. Puljujarvi is worth more than Gallagher given how injury prone he is and questions as to whether his style will allow him to hold up. I like both players but that's a brutal trade.

I agree 100 percent .

Just think about how awful that trade will look in a few years when Patches is regressing, making serious dough and JP reaches superstar level.

I've never seen Nuge and JP so undervalued in my life that return is a joke .

Reactions: McWeber

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I agree 100 percent .

Just think about how awful that trade will look in a few years when Patches is regressing, making serious dough and JP reaches superstar level.

I've never seen Nuge and JP so undervalued in my life that return is a joke .

I don't know if Puljujarvi has 1st line scoring in him, and if he does it might take years, but i do think he's going to be a big fast two way scorer that should keep getting better year after year for the next 5-6 years capping out at worst as a 50 point player. If you draft a guy that high you don't give up on him after 1.5 years for a guy like Gallagher, that's the definition of a panic deal. Puljujarvi is the kind of piece that brings back a star player.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I don't know if Puljujarvi has 1st line scoring in him, and if he does it might take years, but i do think he's going to be a big fast two way scorer that should keep getting better year after year for the next 5-6 years capping out at worst as a 50 point player. If you draft a guy that high you don't give up on him after 1.5 years for a guy like Gallagher, that's the definition of a panic deal. Puljujarvi is the kind of piece that brings back a star player.

That offer also includes our first :laugh:

Why not throw McDavid in there while you're at it. Man, the computer in NHL 18 offers me better deals than that .

Reactions: Samus44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad