Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Y'All Got Any More of Them Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Who cares...Calgary will still suck. Looking forward to Smith getting lit up this year.

why would they suck?.. They can very well be better than Oilers next season..
Bennett could break out, they have goaltending and Gaudreau\Monahan seem to be over their new contract hangover.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Our development tactics are one of my biggest pet peeves for sure.

However, in a weak draft, finding these college players this year becomes a pretty good "skill" to have. Adding Foo to the ranks will be a good move, hopefully we snag him.

Oh I agree. I trust our college scouts more than anything else. I just don't see the point in keeping picks when they could be turned into NHL players.

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
So after we sign Russell, and this might be a big stretch, does it 100% take us out of Hamonic/Barrie? What if one of the key pieces heading the other way is Nurse? Can we even afford it?

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Bennett could break out, they have goaltending and Gaudreau\Monahan seem to be over their new contract hangover.
Really??:laugh: You seem optimistic about Calgary's team.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Who cares...Calgary will still suck. Looking forward to Smith getting lit up this year.

I wouldn't underestimate CGY. That's an impressive group of D if they could add Hamonic. Then you add Kylington and Andersson. Both have very high ceilings

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Calgary getting Hamonic would allow them to make the playoffs again (maybe) but it would have little effect on our team. Let the Flames destroy their prospect future to remain a bottom 4 seed

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Vegas squad is full of expiring vet contracts.

Neal, Grabovsky, Perron, Garrison, Emelin, Sbisa, Stoner, McNabb and Engelland

They will be looking flip some if not most of these before trade dealine.

True enough. I suppose I'm more so going off the fact they invited Neal to be one of the jersey wearing unveils at the expansion draft.

There's some decent names on there I wouldn't mind in our top 6 either, especially if the contracts are expiring. Perron, Grabovski wouldn't look half bad.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
So after we sign Russell, and this might be a big stretch, does it 100% take us out of Hamonic/Barrie? What if one of the key pieces heading the other way is Nurse? Can we even afford it?

Nope. Narrative is they might sign a depth guy for the Gryba spot, but they are done on defense. Nurse or Benning plays up the roster, not second pairing defenseman to be found.

If you want to look forward, there's a little bit of smoke that they'll try to find another winger.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Calgary getting Hamonic would allow them to make the playoffs again (maybe) but it would have little effect on our team. Let the Flames destroy their prospect future to remain a bottom 4 seed

Flames have a number of very good prospects, at least compared to Oilers

North

Jun 25, 2009

Or Bennett could still suck. Smith could still be the middling goalie he is, and the new normal for Monahan and Gaudreau is them being good not great players.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Nope. Narrative is they might sign a depth guy for the Gryba spot, but they are done on defense. Nurse or Benning plays up the roster, not second pairing defenseman to be found.

If you want to look forward, there's a little bit of smoke that they'll try to find another winger.

Can't wait to strike out on UFAs again because we're giving out questionable deals to Kris Russell.

Considering that the grace period hasn't even started yet Chia is taking a huge risk if he doesn't sign any decent wingers.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Oh I agree. I trust our college scouts more than anything else. I just don't see the point in keeping picks when they could be turned into NHL players.

And I totally agree with you. The window is open, we should be coveting ready made talent to have better chances at the Cup each year and focus on drafting smart (quality over quantity) to keep that window open long as possible.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The goal is to get better right now when the West is at it's weakest. A late 1st round pick will likely turn into a fringe NHLer in about 3-4 years.

Our last 2 mid-late 1st rounders yielded a top pairing dman and a guy who's finished top 10 in nhl scoring before.

Also look at Chiarelli and K. Gretzky's last draft together in Boston. Pastrnak at 25 is okay, no? Steal of the draft IMO.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Every time I hear fans talking about how we should just trade away our 1st round picks because getting something now is all that matters, I look at Oscar Klefbom and am relieved we didn't have that mentality for that draft.

Sure he took a few years to get here, but IMO he was worth the wait and he's only going to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad