Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Y'All Got Any More of Them Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
5de.png

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We were a top 10 team with Kris Russell playing top 4 minutes. He's been very healthy with very few major injuries - which what did in Ference.

Finally, Russell will be in the last year of his contract at the same age that Ference was just starting his. It's hardly that big an anchor. O

He missed 14 games last year, 20 the year before, 14 games 2 years before that. The injuries are starting to pile up and with his style of play, it's not going to get better as he goes deeper into his 30s.

I just don't like his game either. He plays hard but besides shot blocking, he's average to below average everywhere else and is a possession black hole. This also handcuffs Chia from adding another top 4 Dman unless you want a $4M Russell on your bottom pairing and Nurse and/or Benning in the press box or traded.

mullet

Aug 2, 2005
Other move coming I suspect is moving down in draft to dump pouliot.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Cap hell incoming. In July when Draisaitl and McDavid are signed.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He missed 14 games last year, 20 the year before, 14 games 2 years before that. The injuries are starting to pile up and with his style of play, it's not going to get better as he goes deeper into his 30s.

I just don't like his game either. He plays hard but besides shot blocking, he's average to below average everywhere else and is a possession black hole. This also handcuffs Chia from adding another top 4 Dman unless you want a $4M Russell on your bottom pairing and Nurse and/or Benning in the press box or traded.

But we have, what, 2.6 million more in sweet, sweet Eberle savings. I was told that we'd be able to do so much fun stuff with the money saved on Eberle's contract.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Russell would be fine with me if not for sekera, but with both of them in the top 4 you don't have any true offensive d men who can move the puck

Glass Eyes

Jan 2, 2017
So we trade a 50 point winger to sign a 30 year old left handed guy to play THE RIGHT SIDE who put up 13 points last year and got horribly out attempted while he's on the ice?

Yeah, Chiarelli is a ****ing idiot.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
But we have, what, 2.6 million more in sweet, sweet Eberle savings. I was told that we'd be able to do so much fun stuff with the money saved on Eberle's contract.

Combine that with the $3.25M from Ference coming off the books and you'll be able to afford a pretty decent player.

Pools Closed*

Dec 1, 2010
So we trade a 50 point winger to sign a 30 year old left handed guy to play THE RIGHT SIDE who put up 13 points last year and got horribly out attempted while he's on the ice?

Yeah, Chiarelli is a ****ing idiot.

B-b-but he's a warrior! It's telling when that's the only positive trait that people can name off when describing him.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
You would think this team hadn't made the playoffs with a 103 point season.

I'm approaching this neutrally. We're not even on draft day/free agency yet. Until we reach training camp with the exact roster, I'm holding my comments. All of this 'Fire Chiarelli' crap reminds me of the Larsson for Hall trade (which I was a part of). Some people need to relax :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad