Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: The Eve of mayhem, gossip and things that go bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I'll believe it when I see it. We're still waiting on that Chicago news...

Apparently they are shopping a d man, just not the one we thought they were going to trade.

I'd keep Hjalmarsson over Seabrook if I was them.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
LeBrun thinks we wont find out anything for the Vegas deals until the expansion draft.

Might be a slower week then we were hoping.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I'd definately go all in on Faulk. Why not?

In hindsight the tree way is missing something coming from Minnesota. ...

But yeah....

It' a spicy proposal.

youd give up a first, Pulju and RNH for Faulk? you should bang your head off a desk

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I would consider not re-signing Russell if we could shake out Nik Hjalmarsson. If the rumors of him being available over Seabrook are true, I'd be willing to give them some considerable value.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Apparently they are shopping a d man, just not the one we thought they were going to trade.

I'd keep Hjalmarsson over Seabrook if I was them.

Keith and Seabrook have full NTC.

Hjalmarsson has a modified no trade.

In other words, Chicago might not have a choice but to trade Hjalmarsson. They are 4.5 million over the cap and they don't have a full roster. They need to sign a few forwards and a back up goalie.

They also have a highly regarded prospect in Forsling who might be ready to play significant minutes this year. He already played half a season for the Hawks last year.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I would consider not re-signing Russell if we could shake out Nik Hjalmarsson. If the rumors of him being available over Seabrook are true, I'd be willing to give them some considerable value.

Reinhart, and the 1st as the key pieces for Hammer. Reinhart could play immediately in Chicago. This also cuts about $3M from their cap.

This complicates the expansion draft so you might have to make a deal with Vegas to make this work.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Reinhart, and the 1st as the key pieces for Hammer. Reinhart could play immediately in Chicago. This also cuts about $3M from their cap.

This complicates the expansion draft so you might have to make a deal with Vegas to make this work.

That's probably their second best defenseman out of a group that's not very deep.

Kinda ugly for them.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
RNH and Puljujarvi for Faulk would be horrible for us. Carolina walks away laughing that they got a blue chip prospect and a young 2C for a guy that's been passed by Slavin and stinks in his own zone.

I've always thought he's better than any of the D rumored available. He scored 17 goals and makes under 5 million for 3 more seasons.

JP might be untouchable for cap reasons though. I'll give my haters that.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

I was thinking Reinhart for certain. Add Caleb Jones who probably adds some considerable value to them. Then the 1st.

I'm trying to figure out how that would work pre-expansion.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Keith and Seabrook have full NTC.

Hjalmarsson has a modified no trade.

In other words, Chicago might not have a choice but to trade Hjalmarsson. They are 4.5 million over the cap and they don't have a full roster. They need to sign a few forwards and a back up goalie.

They also have a highly regarded prospect in Forsling who might be ready to play significant minutes this year. He already played half a season for the Hawks last year.

Considering Hjalmarsson was arguably their second best defenseman last season, Forsling would have big shoes to fill.

Unfortunate for the Hawks that they handcuffed themselves with Seabrook's contract.

It looks like there are going to be a few changes on their blue line especially if the Kruger to VGK is true. It's reportedly going to cost them Trevor van Riemsdyk.

Last edited:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Hjalmarsson traded to another team would confirm the Eric & Kathy curse. Basically, there is a popular morning show on the radio here in Chicago and they pick a Blackhawks player with which to chat each week. First it was Sharp two years ago (traded), then Shaw (traded), and now Hjalmarsson this season. In one of his first appearances he even joked that he was hesitant to accept the gig because he didn't want to be traded.

Hjalmarsson is a shutdown force on the left side and I imagine that Bowman would be looking for a significant return because he's part of their core group.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I've always thought he's better than any of the D rumored available. He scored 17 goals and makes under 5 million for 3 more seasons.

JP might be untouchable for cap reasons though. I'll give my haters that.

I don't usually buy in to plus minus as a stat, but when the Pesce/Slavin pairing is both +23 and Faulk is -18, I seriously question his defensive abilities. My eyes tell me he's poor defensively and the numbers back it up.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I would be very surprised if the Oilers were on Hjalmarsson's trade list. Don't think he would waive for here.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

And another fun rumour gets quashed.

Why quashed? The rumor was and is Hjmarlsson. I think it was save to assume Seabrook wasnt getting moved. And thank goodness for us. He is destroying the Hawks cap situation and directly leading to offloading of good Hawks players

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I would be very surprised if the Oilers were on Hjalmarsson's trade list. Don't think he would waive for here.

Normally I would agree, and yet it may be comforting to land somewhere where he has two fellow Swedes with which to work on defense. Plus, as we learned last off-season, the McDavid factor exists.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
That's probably their second best defenseman out of a group that's not very deep.

Kinda ugly for them.

They are wired on the cap though so they need prospects and someone who is cheap who can play defense. If the player much better than Reinhart they risk losing him in the ED. Hammer is also 30 with 2 years left on his deal with a NTC so it likely means a contender that would be the partner. I agree the Oilers would add but not so much given the unusual circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad