Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Do We Need a Dman Still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Garrison for Fayne? They'd save some cap space. Assuming that we'd find a spot for him in the lineup that is.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think Hemsky has it anymore. I watched him play in Montreal and he's a shell of his former self, not much speed any more. I think the injuries have just taken their toll and he's not 26 anymore.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't think Hemsky has it anymore. I watched him play in Montreal and he's a shell of his former self, not much speed any more. I think the injuries have just taken their toll and he's not 26 anymore.

And he's yet another pass first player.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The reason I brought him up initially is because of that speed. Coming off of a hip injury late last season I saw glimpses of it still. But I honestly haven't watched the Habs in any form this season, so maybe he's just shaking the rust off....? He could be done, too. I just like the idea as a low risk option.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
Why in the world Would we use up the last of our cap space on an aging, declining, defence first, overpaid, left shot D.

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
I don't know if anyone watched Saturday headlines but they talked about Edmonton. Kypereos talked about how he is not sure if Oilers will keep Strome. As well as Friedman wondered about Krieder being a potential target for us.

Sportsnet has added an article regarding what they said during the intermission.

Last edited:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Strome++ to the Yotes for OEL in the offseason. They complete their historic no win season and OEL lets them know he's out and going to market in a year. They start collecting Stromes.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't know if anyone watched Saturday headlines but they talked about Edmonton. Kypereos talked about how he is not sure if Oilers will keep Strome. As well as Friedman wondered about Krieder being a potential target for us.

Sportsnet has added an article regarding what they said during the intermission.

Gee I wonder if there is any team that would be willing to trade a 50-60 point player for a ~30 point scrub?

Nah, no way a GM would be that dumb.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Future core is: McDavid, Draisaitl, Yamamoto, Talbot, Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse

The rest can be shot into the sun

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
You better hope Puljujarvi's on that last or we're in some serious trouble (unless he's traded for a good top 6 winger).

I don't have much hope for Puljujarvi. If we can get some decent value for him in the offseason I would do it without blinking

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Gee I wonder if there is any team that would be willing to trade a 50-60 point player for a ~30 point scrub?

Nah, no way a GM would be that dumb.
Woof savage. Chia f***ed up no question in not replacing Eberle's offence, but he definitely didn't f*** up in actually getting him off the team. Eberle is not a player I want on this team come playoff time. Then again, I'd rather he got the best picks/prospects he could have for Eberle rather than Strome. I'll be pretty happy if they just walk away from his after this season if he keeps up his current level of play.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If Nurse keeps up his good play he will literally force us to move RNH for the capspace to sign him.

I'm hoping we can sign Nurse to around 4 mil long term. I think it will be a good bargain in the long run. Now if only we could dispose of Russell...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Woof savage. Chia ****ed up no question in not replacing Eberle's offence, but he definitely didn't **** up in actually getting him off the team. Eberle is not a player I want on this team come playoff time. Then again, I'd rather he got the best picks/prospects he could have for Eberle rather than Strome. I'll be pretty happy if they just walk away from his after this season if he keeps up his current level of play.
The trade itself...meh. I stand by that. The literally not replacing a top 6 winger was awful.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Woof savage. Chia ****ed up no question in not replacing Eberle's offence, but he definitely didn't **** up in actually getting him off the team. Eberle is not a player I want on this team come playoff time. Then again, I'd rather he got the best picks/prospects he could have for Eberle rather than Strome. I'll be pretty happy if they just walk away from his after this season if he keeps up his current level of play.

At the moment I'm a bit more concerned about getting to playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad