Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Do We Need a Dman Still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Seems like Reinhart isn't on waivers.

Though I would have time for Garrison. He's not really worth his contract, but he'd be a massive upgrade on both Gryba and Auvitu.

I'm not really comfortable with either of those two getting regular minutes, and Garrison is at least a legit 3rd pairing guy. He'd be a perfect #7 for when Sekera comes back.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Garrison/Sekera-Benning

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Garrison or Reinhart would be an upgrade on what we've got with Eric Gryba. The problem with Garrison is obviously his cap hit though.

On the other hand, it's obvious that GMGM doesn't give a f*** about providing his players some job security. Their big summer UFA signing free to seek a trade after half a dozen games... And their assistant captain on waivers.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Seems like Reinhart isn't on waivers.

Though I would have time for Garrison. He's not really worth his contract, but he'd be a massive upgrade on both Gryba and Auvitu.

I'm not really comfortable with either of those two getting regular minutes, and Garrison is at least a legit 3rd pairing guy. He'd be a perfect #7 for when Sekera comes back.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Garrison/Sekera-Benning

I would be a massive upgrade on Auvitu.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
People wanted to trade a 2nd round pick for Garrison in the summer. Now that he's on waivers, his cap hit is too high lol

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
It's too early to make a deal. Unlike last year we will actually have the cap space to do something significant at the deadline this year, and our money will go a lot further bringing in pieces then instead of early in the year. Chia has shown he is very good at identifying what his teams lack and adding the missing ingredients. We still need some questions answered by young players like Cagiulla, Slepy, Strome, Khaira, Benning, Nurse etc. before knowing exactly what the final piece or two should be.

Here's one D, W, and C who catch my eye as pending UFA rentals.

Mike Green
Jannik Hansen
Lars Eller (if the Caps keep sucking)

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
I think Garrison would be a great pick up. Cap over at end of year, would be 10x the pp option that Russel is, and provides another veteran presence. What’s not to love?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Garrison was good 3 years ago ... but dunno about now. Only one goal last year.

Vegas would have to retain some salary for me to think about it.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers aren't picking up Garrison off waivers.

Doing so would effectively use up all the cap space we have that isn't being earmarked for potential bonuses at the end of the season.

I think Garrison would be a great pick up. Cap over at end of year, would be 10x the pp option that Russel is, and provides another veteran presence. What’s not to love?

Huh? Garrison hasn't provided any offense in the league for a number of years. Russell has more points in fewer games since the last lockout and has put up points at a better rate than Garrison in each of the past 4 seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobieque

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Will post this here ... what would you guys do if OEL is available and has had it playing in Arizona?

Nurse + 1st for OEL?

Puljujarvi + 1st for OEL?

It would require some serious salary dumping in two years ... buuuuuut it's not impossible to resign OEL. You would have to find takers for Sekera and Russell, but it's possible if you're willing to give up some picks.

We'd also be very left D heavy if we do the Puljujarvi package ...

OEL Larsson
Klefbom Sekera
Nurse Russell
Benning

In two years ...

OEL Larsson
Klefbom Nurse
Jones Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events