Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Do We Need a Dman Still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't have much hope for Puljujarvi. If we can get some decent value for him in the offseason I would do it without blinking
I still think he'll become a good player, but I'm not opposed to trading him if there's a good fit for a top 6 winger on a contract we can afford. I will admit that Yamamoto has grown a lot on me though and I now value him a sizeable amount over Jesse.

Still, if they can both turn into even 50-60 point wingers for us we'd be laughing. Now we just need to figure out how to dump Lucic at some point.

Reactions: McDrai

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Woof savage. Chia ****ed up no question in not replacing Eberle's offence, but he definitely didn't **** up in actually getting him off the team. Eberle is not a player I want on this team come playoff time. Then again, I'd rather he got the best picks/prospects he could have for Eberle rather than Strome. I'll be pretty happy if they just walk away from his after this season if he keeps up his current level of play.

Bingo. Eberle for Strome was a salary dump. Sucks that Strome isn't bringing much to the team but the real value is $3M in cap savings this season and $6M in cap savings next season.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
At the moment I'm a bit more concerned about getting to playoff time.
Its funny because that exact thought actually crossed my mind when I was typing my post. Fair statement, Eberle would be better than Strome no question, but longterm (aka next year) he needed to be gone. Chia better find a way to fill that hole or pray to the heavens that Yamamoto or Puljujarvi break out in a big way this year or next.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I still think he'll become a good player, but I'm not opposed to trading him if there's a good fit for a top 6 winger on a contract we can afford. I will admit that Yamamoto has grown a lot on me though and I now value him a sizeable amount over Jesse.

Still, if they can both turn into even 50-60 point wingers for us we'd be laughing. Now we just need to figure out how to dump Lucic at some point.

Getting rid of Lucic and Russell would be just dandy (10 mil combined). I think they both have NTC's though if I'm not mistaken

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Getting rid of Lucic and Russell would be just dandy (10 mil combined). I think they both have NTC's though if I'm not mistaken
Lucic has a NMC with a modified NTC the last 2 years. I can't remember what Russell got, but that contracts still a little too rich and long for my liking.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'm more eager to get our from under Lucic cause I think the perception of what he brings amongst GM's is higher than the reality (particularly old-school GM's) and as time passes I'm thinking that GM's will wise up and he will move from being a desirable acquisition to a bit of an albatross. I kind of don't want to move Russell at all this year I think he is a useful body for us especially with Sekera injured for so long and we have a lot of capspace, a contract we'll have to move later on to retain more important pieces, but I have no qualms sticking with him for the time being even if he is overpaid.

I'm wondering if Chia legitimately asked Lucic to waive his NMC how many teams he would actually waive it for:

I'd guess: Pitt, Chi, Van, Mtl, Bos, L.A., and NYR (basically 2 perennial contenders, 2 teams he strongly considered as a UFA, 2 teams he played for previously, and NYR which seemingly every player is ok waiving to go there)

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Bingo. Eberle for Strome was a salary dump. Sucks that Strome isn't bringing much to the team but the real value is $3M in cap savings this season and $6M in cap savings next season.
Big f***ing whoop. Cap space is only as good as what you make of it and considering how many players right now are dead weight on this roster I'm not confident that cap goes towards anything useful.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Big ****ing whoop. Cap space is only as good as what you make of it and considering how many players right now are dead weight on this roster I'm not confident that cap goes towards anything useful.

Of course you aren't. This is a trade that is too early to judge. Your lack of confidence doesn't really count for much.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Would anyone be interested in a Green+helm+nyquist/tartar package from detroit?
Darren Helm's contract is uuuuugly. Green is fine but I'm not sure that's where we should be using our cap space when we're seeing that lack of depth up front early on. Nyquist or Tatar would basically undo the Eberle trade in terms of the cap use long term.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
And what could the Oilers possibly trade to acquire those guys???
Gotta admit...I watched the game just like everyone else but I'm not seeing where the vitriol is coming from regarding this guy. He created two of our more dangerous scoring chances this game and for the second consecutive game, Lucic's inability to capitalize has kept him off of the scoring sheet.

We knew we were downgrading from Eberle. So I'm not sure why he's being criticized so heavily after a game where he looked particularly dangerous.

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So what? Everybody gets that. It all depends what Chia does with the extra cap room.

Do you even remember all your complaints?
I do remember. I said that this deal is a bad one unless Chia does something with that cap space and so far both Strome and cap space have done the same thing.

There was no reason to make that trade this year. We aren't hurting for cap space and holes haven't been addressed. And given that Chia is apparently unhappy with the trade...

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
Gotta admit...I watched the game just like everyone else but I'm not seeing where the vitriol is coming from regarding this guy. He created two of our more dangerous scoring chances this game and for the second consecutive game, Lucic's inability to capitalize has kept him off of the scoring sheet.

We knew we were downgrading from Eberle. So I'm not sure why he's being criticized so heavily after a game where he looked particularly dangerous.

Yep.
Not sure what people were expecting from Strome. This is him.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
So what? Everybody gets that. It all depends what Chia does with the extra cap room.

Do you even remember all your complaints?

The time for team building is the offseason.
Chia did nothing.
Zero.
In season and deadline trades are for tweaking.
I do believe the team's record will improve but the losses are adding up. It's getting serious. How long is it "early"?
Can they pull it together enough to make the playoffs? Hope so.
Enough to be a contender? Doubt it. Not without some serious adds. The kind that are difficult to do in season.
I think we're wasting McDavid's last cheap year.
I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad