Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Do We Need a Dman Still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I don't think THIS Garrison is the 20 goal Garrison from season's past... There's a reason he isn't in Vegas' lineup. I am still puzzled how Vegas failed to monetize their over-selection of quality DMen... Still think there is room to grab a more solid, cheaper and younger player from them for a 2nd to fill the Gryba / Auvitu void.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I think the knock on Garrison as his time in TB was coming to an end was his skating was on the decline and was the reason he was playing worse. Can't say I've got to really sit down and watch him a bunch recently, but I'd presume he could get the job done as a #5D; he is pricey for that role though. I don't think I'd advocate grabbing Garrison on the waiver wire, but if we can get retention on him or as part of an exchange based around Fayne and a D-tier prospect that might be something worth looking into.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Garrison never was anything special. Had some offense to a pretty much average at best toolbox. There is a reason why in a league that is starving for d-men that he is going on waivers and wasn't traded.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
We were a top 5 PP last year. Nothing has changed on our top unit it just needs time to work together like last year. Plus LD is back now so that should really get things going.

The PP is more on the coaching staff to figure out, I find it very stagnant and easily defended. I'd like to see more player movement to try and create more passing and shooting lanes.

With Green I'm more interested in his ability to move the puck cleanly out of his zone as well as join rushes and create offense from the back end in 5v5 situations.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Idea for later in the season---when he gets off the IR. Ales Hemsky landed in Montreal with a thud. This might be it for the guy so if we could get him for a depth forward, would you do it? He adds a guy who 'might' click with one of the centers, add some scoring depth, help the PP. Or he 'might' get hurt a few games in and end up back on the IR. Even if he flops here, he can be buried leaving little impact on the cap.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Huh? Garrison hasn't provided any offense in the league for a number of years. Russell has more points in fewer games since the last lockout and has put up points at a better rate than Garrison in each of the past 4 seasons.

Please don’t let your facts get in the way of my ill-informed opinion ;)

I keep thinking of 20 goal Garrison, looks like I’m living up to my newest trophy, “old timer”

Did not realize how far he had fallen.

Back to lurking (hoping that’s my next trophy)

Cheers,

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Idea for later in the season---when he gets off the IR. Ales Hemsky landed in Montreal with a thud. This might be it for the guy so if we could get him for a depth forward, would you do it? He adds a guy who 'might' click with one of the centers, add some scoring depth, help the PP. Or he 'might' get hurt a few games in and end up back on the IR. Even if he flops here, he can be buried leaving little impact on the cap.

No thanks, he's having hip surgery. He's toast

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Hemsky was my favourite Oiler when he was here. But no thanks. Not sure I'm interested in seeing one of my former favourites return in a broken down form where he's relegated to press box duty because he can't keep up anymore.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hemsky was my favourite Oiler when he was here. But no thanks. Not sure I'm interested in seeing one of my former favourites return in a broken down form where he's relegated to press box duty because he can't keep up anymore.
I see where you're coming from but I see it as Edmonton giving their former star one last shot. The fans would certainly appreciate seeing the guy they brought into this league who was at his pinnacle at the best of times brought back in some form rather than see him go down in Bergevin's burning mess.

The evidence is pretty damning this year that his best days--or even mildly productive days--are well behind him, but our team needs mirror what skills Hemsky brought even in the bleakest of times. His injury history is obviously forefront and completely valid, but his little stretch at the end of last season in Dallas is a glimmer of light.

If given the opportunity, I'd be happy to part with a depth guy just to bring him back even if its purely for nostalgia purposes.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
It was sure fun winning the other night but we still need to add a speedy right winger to our lineup to help our scoring . We simply don't have enough depth.

The only way I don't see us having to make a trade is if Strome and Lucic start playing more consistent and finding the back of the net . I'm honestly not holding my breath on these two.

I would welcome Hemsky with open arms. I loved him when he was an Oiler and it would be awesome to have him a part of our new success. I doubt it happens tho.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If the Rangers are out of it, I think Chia goes all in on Rick Nash as a rental at the deadline, provided we aren't out of it ourselves. Still work to do. Grabner likely is available like right now.

North

Jun 25, 2009
If the Rangers are out of it, I think Chia goes all in on Rick Nash as a rental at the deadline, provided we aren't out of it ourselves. Still work to do. Grabner likely is available like right now.

Imagine Grabner on McDavid's wing. All that speed.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Maroon-McDavid-Hemsky
Lucic-Draisaitl-Slepyshev
Caggiula-RNH-Strome
Jokenin-Letestu-Kassian
Khaira for bigger teams

Any better/worse than what we have?

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yep, yep, yep.
Hemsky should be near anyone top line at this point in time
Agreed. I see him as a 2/3RW option, which is what our need is currently. He averaged 12:47 at evens last year which is just a bit less than what RNH has been averaging this season. I'd give him a shot in that slot and if he performed well, maybe give him that shot next to McDavid at some point.

Maroon - McDavid -Draisaitl
Lucic - RNH - Hemsky
Caggiula - Strome - Kassian
Jokinen - Letestu - Slepyshev/Pakarinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad