Rumor: Trade Rumors Thread: Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Everyone cries for a player to combat someone like Chris Niel. Well Ryane Clowe is that exact type of player. His best days as a top6 power LW may be behind him but he is still a good physical tough SOB of a player. The key here is not to overpay. No way Boyle and a 3rd gets Clowe.

I'm not a big Boyle fan by any stretch, but Rangers fans continually undervalue him on the trade market. I'd be willing to bet that he's viewed generally as a 3rd liner around the league. And Clowe is viewed as a barely 2nd liner, if that. So I don't really think Boyle and a 3rd is so far off in value.

Key here, too, is that both players might stand to benefit from a change in scenery. It's rare that such a thing helps, but it does happen.

What I don't want to see is a trade for Clowe and a re-sign before he really plays for the team. He needs to prove that he would be worth an extension before getting one. MacKenzie mentioned that is a concern to me.

*Bob Richards*

With the Trade Deadline only a few days away, shouldn't this become the Official Trade Deadline Discussion thread?

If my memory serves me correctly (usually it doesn't) we had a GDT for the trade deadline the day before and the day of.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Alot of people chiming in about footspeed here. There is plenty of skaters on this team to offset one or two of the slower skaters.

Hagelin and, ok I draw a blank.?? JT Miller? Callahan?

Gabby? No, doesn't skate in a way that he covers for anyone.

Richards? Skates on his leather, have all of his career.

Stepan? Pretty weak skater.

Zucc? Pretty avg skater.

Boyle? Navigates like a battleship.

Kreider? Pretty immobile and accelerates poorly unless he gets to skate in straight lines. Avg skater overall.

Pyatt? Slow.

Powe? Pretty immobile. Decent intensity.

Asham? Worn out.

Most teams skates alot better than our guys. We have picked guys for their board work for a long time now...

I mean, I truly believe that like all other 14 teams in the East would LOVE to have a Korpikoski for around 2m per. In low 2nd line/high 3rd line roll. Teams like Ottawa, WPG, Montreal, Boston, NJ, Pittsburg, Islanders and co would love to get a player like that. They draft them, sign them, trades for them. Torts wouldn't touch him with a stick because Torta has no clue how to get up ice unless he can yell at his players to pass (read: shoot) the puck up along the boards and hope for his wingers to win battles there like the game was played in 03'. Hence we get very little speed because board monster are usually not that fast.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
As always, it's a big "depends...". What are we giving back? Are we signing him to an extension as part of the deal? If so, for how much - and how much room was freed up in the deal?

Do I want to trade our 2020 7th for Clowe as a rental? Abso-freakin'-lutely.

Do I want to trade Fast, Lindberg and our 2014 1st for a Clowe who's signed to a 3-year $12MM extension? Um, I hope nobody does.

As we move between those two extremes, my opinion shifts from "Hell, yes!" to "Oh my God, Slats, what have you done?"

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
1. If Philly trades Couturier for Clowe they are morons.
2. Do not want to face Clowe 5/6x a year and potentially in Divisional playoffs.
3. If UFA Clowe gets Couturier it is time to dump Gabs.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If they give up Couturier the Rangers better be in there offering Gaborik for Couturier +. Set up the future center ice position for the foreseeable future.

Think that trade would go down within the division? I doubt it.

McKenzie says the Rangers are in the mix for Clowe. If the asking price is truly Couturier though, let's get the **** out of that one and bail.

Championship*

If they give up Couturier the Rangers better be in there offering Gaborik for Couturier +. Set up the future center ice position for the foreseeable future.

I think there is zero chance that happens unfortunately.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: Have to figure a team like NYR more interested in Clowe as a rental. MTL may be hesitant to pay high rental rates.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad