Rumor: Trade Rumors Thread: Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Wouldn't Roy have been that guy?

I would have moved Thomas and a 2nd to grab him. Put him on the third line, and Boyle is irrelevant.

Why would you trade a 2nd and Thomas for a softish rental? Especially considering we have no 1st rounder this year.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Wouldn't Roy have been that guy?

I would have moved Thomas and a 2nd to grab him. Put him on the third line, and Boyle is irrelevant.

Not sure why everyone is so fast to trade the 2nd. Without a first and a farm system that needs re-stocking, I can't see why the Rangers would be willing to deal their second. And really Roy is going to make that much of a difference centering the likes of Pyatt, Miller or Kreider.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers don't have their #1 in late June. So the Rangers are in position to trade another top pick for a rental? Roy clashed with Ruff in Buffalo. Apparently,Roy had issues with the Dallas coach. According to Kyper,Roy wants $4M-$5M per. Pure rental.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
that what I was initially thinking, but I assumed someone said that we can't trade him, like in we were prevented in doing so.

I agree with you though. We can, but we can't :shakehead

You have to offer a player picked from waivers to any team that put in a claim for free before you can trade him. At least that's how it was under the old CBA, but I'd imagine they didn't change it.

Either no one else put in a claim for Hall or nobody wanted him now, so he could be trade. Same goes for Hamrlik obviously, but the point is pretty moot as he has no value. He could only be a throw-in in a bigger trade to balance contracts or cap hit.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
Kevin Connauton

Connauton's bread and butter is on the power play. Connauton uses his hard shot with great effectiveness.
Of some concern is the fact that this total accounts for almost 70 percent of his overall production.
He is not an overly physical player but can still play the body when needed.
His best assets are his ability to make plays from the blue line and his patience and poise while in possession of the puck.
Connauton has a smooth stride and good foot speed.

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2006-07 Fort Saskatchewan Traders AJHL 1 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- --
2007-08 Spruce Grove Saints AJHL 56 13 32 45 59 15 5 0 5 18
2008-09 Western Michigan University CCHA 40 7 11 18 44
2009-10 Vancouver Giants WHL 69 24 48 72 107 4 16 3 10 13 21
2010-11 Manitoba Moose AHL 73 11 12 23 51 -11 6 1 0 1 0
2011-12 Chicago Wolves AHL 73 13 20 33 58 -3 5 0 1 1 8
2012-13 Chicago Wolves AHL 60 7 18 25 67 -12

Seems decent, nucks fans aren't losing sleep about it apparently

I think we could have made this deal and walked away happy in all honesty

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Not sure why everyone is so fast to trade the 2nd. Without a first and a farm system that needs re-stocking, I can't see why the Rangers would be willing to deal their second. And really Roy is going to make that much of a difference centering the likes of Pyatt, Miller or Kreider.

I think he could have.

Trade that second for Roy. Trade Boyle for a third or fourth. Trade Gaborik at the draft for a first. Rangers now have a first, and either 4 3rds and a 4th, or 3 3rds and 2 4ths (I'm pretty sure). Enough to package for a 2nd, while keeping some picks. Could add another pick dealing Pyatt tomorrow too. I'm not too worried about the Rangers draft picks, I expect more to come soon.

This 3C issue has been a HUGE one all year.

Imagine:

Fast - Roy - Miller/Kreider/
Asham - Powe/Boyle- Pyatt

Instead of what we have today. It's a world of difference IMHO.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Glad we didn't pick up Handzus, who is a marginal upgrade over Boyle at best....

Here we go... shopping in the discount rack

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Looks like there may be more deals today then tomorrow or close to a similar amount today and tomorrow.

And none of them us. WTF? Even just for symbolic purposes to mentally change the locker room dynamic we have to pull the trigger on something!

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I think he could have.

Trade that second for Roy. Trade Boyle for a third our fourth. Trade Gaborik at the draft for a first. Rangers now have a first, and either 4 3rds and a 4th, or 3 3rds and 2 4ths (I'm pretty sure). Enough to package for a 2nd, while keeping some picks. Could add another pick dealing Pyatt tomorrow too. I'm not too worried about the Rangers draft picks, I expect more to come soon.

Imagine:

Lots of conjecture here.

16 To Stanley*

I think he could have.

Trade that second for Roy. Trade Boyle for a third or fourth. Trade Gaborik at the draft for a first. Rangers now have a first, and either 4 3rds and a 4th, or 3 3rds and 2 4ths (I'm pretty sure). Enough to package for a 2nd, while keeping some picks. Could add another pick dealing Pyatt tomorrow too. I'm not too worried about the Rangers draft picks, I expect more to come soon.

Imagine:

The 3C issue has been a problem. But we give up assets while putting a staple in it for 20 games. I don't want to do that. Teams that do that end up like the rangers of the black era.

You save those assets, try to address the 3C issue in free agency or via a long-term trade in the off-season or even at this deadline. Not a rental like Roy. As mentioned he has a history of issues with coaches, inconsistent production and is looking to command a fortune in the off-season.

On top of that you're penciling in Fast who hasn't ever playing an NHL game on the third line and Miller who has been brutal, IMO, on the defensive side of the puck and Kreider who is hated by Torts ATM.

Also, how are you replacing Gaborik next season. Great we get a first, but now we lose another top winger?

I mean you're opening up holes all over the place. Not thinking long term at all.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Lots of conjecture here.

You're right, this is the rumor thread and not the speculation thread. Just my opinion on the team. Hard to ignore facts though. Derek Roy by himself has more points than the entire Rangers bottom 6 this season. But let's keep throwing Miller, Boyle, and Pyatt out there. Their whole 1 point combined since March began is really taking this team places.

I'm not attacking you, I'm just frustrated beyond belief with this team, and their seemingly passive approach to TRYING to fix what's wrong.

If you're not going to buy, then sell. Don't just ****ing sit there with your thumb in your ass.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
You're right, this is the rumor thread and not the speculation thread. Just my opinion on the team. Hard to ignore facts though. Derek Roy by himself has more points than the entire Rangers bottom 6 this season. But let's keep throwing Miller, Boyle, and Pyatt out there. Their whole 1 point combined since March began is really taking this team places.

I'm not attacking you, I'm just frustrated beyond belief with this team, and their seemingly passive approach to TRYING to fix what's wrong.

If you're not going to buy, then sell. Don't just ****ing sit there with your thumb in your ass.

Acquiring (and possibly overpaying for) Roy would get Richards and Gaborik going? Because that's really what's wrong with this team. Can't have secondary scoring when there's no primary scoring.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Sounds like you're frustrated to the point where you're not thinking clearly about the future, to be perfectly honest.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003

Sometimes the best moves you make are the one's you don't make. You threw out a bunch of proposals and nobody knows if another team would agree to them. Trading a 2nd round pick would be beyond stupid. What if the Rangers can't recoup the 2nd and miss the playoffs? We would haven't a pick until the 3rd round and for a team that misses the playoffs that's unacceptable.

You don't know if the team is being "passive" about making moves. Nobody knows that. If I go to the store for bread and it's 50 bucks am I being passive by not buying the bread? No because I know what the market value is for bread. Sather knows the market value for players. Sather also knows that you can't overpay when they team is in 8th place and could easily miss the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad