Rumor: Trade Rumors Thread: Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@reporterchris: It will cost about $1.4-million in salary to rent Jaromir Jagr for the next month. Plus whatever it takes to trade for him. #jagrwatch”

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Would mention that I want Jagr but won't because of fear of the right-wing police.

Pittsburgh traded for Iginla and immediately made him a LW. Boston is interested in Jagr with Seguin and Horton already on board.

Is it possible it's not as big an issue as it is in here?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Would mention that I want Jagr but won't because of fear of the right-wing police.

Pittsburgh traded for Iginla and immediately made him a LW. Boston is interested in Jagr with Seguin and Horton already on board.

Is it possible it's not as big an issue as it is in here?

I think that the switching wings thing is way overblown, primarily because of Gaborik's problems this season. I also happen to think that has a lot to do with his prickly personality as well.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYDNRangers: Jesper Fast is on the ice today with the Rangers for practice at MSG Training Center, wearing No. 12 #NYR #NHL”

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
I'm sure many won't agree but if the price isn't that high I'd take a waiver on Jagr.

If it was to happen I'd need one more psyichal player, player being the key word, added to the team as well though.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, where does this idea that you can't trade players claimed off waivers come from? The only "can't trade" rule I'm aware of involves offer sheets.

That was my thought as well but someone said differently yesterday. If he can be traded, he should be. I am sure he has some sort of value to a team looking for depth and a veteran presence.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Seeing as he used the often over used word on these boards, "jam", I'm going to go with no lol.
He is reporting it second-hand from Elliotte Friedman.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opi...s-is-team-to-watch-at-nhl-trade-deadline.html

The Flames are not done. They will discuss anyone not named Sven Baertschi. They have told pursuers they prefer to keep Mark Giordano and Curtis Glencross, although teams are asking about them, so you never know. The New York Rangers and Ottawa Senators, in particular, are believed to be big Glencross fans. Sooner or later, maybe Calgary gets an offer it cannot refuse.

Glencross has two more seasons at $2,550,000 after this one. You'd have to think they'd want something significant for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad