Rumor: Trade Rumors Thread: Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Hey Boston could make room, but somehow we couldn't according to the RW police on this board.

I'm sure they met with Jagr and his agent before trading him anywhere. You don't just trade a legend like Jagr to any team without consulting with him first.

16 To Stanley*

I haven't heard anyone express any urgency to trade St. Croix.

I've seen multiple people throw him in. He is developing pretty nicely IMO. I would like to hold onto him.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Good for Jagr and the Bruins. He will fit in well there and he and Kreijci will make magic together. Hope Dallas got a lot. I like when Eastern teams overpay.

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Sather also knows that you can't overpay when they team is in 8th place and could easily miss the playoffs.

He does?

Funny, because in 2011, he traded a 3rd round pick to get Bryan McCabe. The team was in 8th place.

In 2009, the Rangers were a bubble team, and Sather traded a 2nd rd pick for Nik Antropov. 4th rd pick for Christian Backman (atrocious player) in 2008, and then all of the late round picks dealt for inconsequential scrubs or goons like Jody Shelley.

Just sayin' . . .

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He does?

Funny, because in 2011, he traded a 3rd round pick to get Bryan McCabe. The team was in 8th place.

In 2009, the Rangers were a bubble team, and Sather traded a 2nd rd pick for Nik Antropov. 4th rd pick for Christian Backman (atrocious player) in 2008, and then all of the late round picks dealt for inconsequential scrubs or goons like Jody Shelley.

Just sayin' . . .
All the way back in 2002 he traded a first when the team was currently out of a playoff spot.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Doesn't seem to bother Pittsburgh or Boston, you know, two of the top teams in the East.

Boston has one natural RW in their top-six. Pittsburgh has a bunch of guys who are comfortable on either side of center, and Iginla gives them a RH shot on the PP as well. Something they've long been looking for.

Again, the "all the RW" thing is a joke, but it holds true in the sense that you don't simply acquire players for the sake of acquiring players. You need to add the right ones. Jagr, IMO, is not the right one.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Looks like the Bruins gave up a second which can become a first depending on how the Bruins do and two prospects yet to be named.

I'm guessing Caron and Koko.

16 To Stanley*

All the way back in 2002 he traded a first when the team was currently out of a playoff spot.

Bure would have been a legend here if it wasn't for the injuries.

Edit: That's also not a rental. Antropov, McCabe, Backman are your traditional rentals. Although i do feel Sather has changed his tune over the past couple years in that regard.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Dallas is doing well selling this year, wow. Especially if they get Koko for Jagr. Sign UFA's for 1 year and trade them at the deadline? Great idea for teams who can swing it financially. Move Gaborik before he hits UFA?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Boston has one natural RW in their top-six. Pittsburgh has a bunch of guys who are comfortable on either side of center, and Iginla gives them a RH shot on the PP as well. Something they've long been looking for.

Again, the "all the RW" thing is a joke, but it holds true in the sense that you don't simply acquire players for the sake of acquiring players. You need to add the right ones. Jagr, IMO, is not the right one.
I term natural (insert position) bothers me. I picture scouts going up to newborns saying "oh look, at that cure little right-defenseman!". Despite not being born a RW, Seguin is certainly a right winger for them now.

Iginla has played RW his whole career but they put him on LW and nothing exploded.

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Looks like the Bruins gave up a second which can become a first depending on how the Bruins do and two prospects yet to be named.

I'm guessing Caron and Koko.

If they got Caron and Koko, along with a 2nd, that would make this deal easily the best for the selling team so far. That's a better return than J-Bo or Iggy.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
He does?

Just sayin' . . .

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Rangers were trading "extra" picks for both McCabe and Antropov. The Rangers don't have an extra 1st or 2nd round pick this year. I'm not defending Sather but I can see moving an extra pick to get somebody to help the team. If the Rangers traded and one of the 4 3rd round picks, depending on the return I'd have no issue with that move.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
If they got Caron and Koko, along with a 2nd, that would make this deal easily the best for the selling team so far. That's a better return than J-Bo or Iggy.

As he should. He's having a bit of a better of a season the Iggy stat wise and he's a better player this season then both.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Roy would've been an utter disaster in NY. He's atrocious defensively on top of being supersoft and now he's feuding with coaches? This year's Richards + Roy down the middle = starting every game down a goal. He would've gotten the Wolski treatment.

As far as the Jagr trade goes: Gooooo Bruins!!!!!!!!

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
I term natural (insert position) bothers me. I picture scouts going up to newborns saying "oh look, at that cure little right-defenseman!". Despite not being born a RW, Seguin is certainly a right winger for them now.

Iginla has played RW his whole career but they put him on LW and nothing exploded.

Nash has played LW his whole career. Looks great on RW. Gaborik looks like total crap on the left. Is it the cart or the horse?:sarcasm:

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
You mean 'Ranger' sense. He was on the downside of his great injury riddled career. Speed was his bread and butter, its also the first thing to go when you hit that wall.

Eh, that was probably the one big Sather move that didn't really bother me. They basically gave up a 1st, a 4th, and a bunch of crap for Bure, and Bure was still awesome. That was a dirty knee on knee hit by Curtis Brown that ended his career. No doubt he was injury prone, but that was one risk I wasn't too pissed off with. He wasn't that old, and he was still a hell of a player. I saw plenty of great speed in his short time as a Ranger. He was phenomenal. You can say that if it wasn't that Brown hit, it would have been something else, that it was only a matter of time, and maybe that is true. But I will say that if he stays relatively healthy, the Rangers' fortunes improve dramatically going forward. Maybe the 04 purge doesn't even happen.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

It's something you have to consider with wingers and defensemen, especially with older ones. Nowadays you're seeing more kids who are comfortable on either side, but not every player can do it. Seguin is a case of a center moving to wing, but they've also let him settle on the side where he was most comfortable. We're seeing issues with Gaborik as well as Del Zotto. Neither looks terribly comfortable on the opposite side, and therefore their effectiveness is weakened.

He lined up there, but he spent most of his shifts playing to his natural tendencies on the right side. Neal does the same thing. He's effective as a shooter coming down his off-wing, but he drifts to the left quite a bit.

A player who isn't comfortable is not an effective player. Jagr relies so heavily on being able to protect the puck with his body that I can't see him having as much success on the opposite wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino