Rumor: Trade Rumors Thread Part 5: NYR Interested in Boyle, Gaborik Available (MOD: READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship*

Clowe? SJ wants a first,second and a prospect for Clowe. Sather isn't coming close to that. Big and slow. No goals.

I'm not advocating for a Clowe trade, but let's not call prices definite after that Iginla stinker, who is better than Clowe.

Hypothetically, what would have been the equivalent trade from the Rangers have been? Thomas, Skeji, 1st?

That would have made the Pens deal look like crap and it still wouldn't have been a ton from the Rangers

Hilarious

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I'm not advocating for a Clowe trade, but let's not call prices definite after that Iginla stinker, who is better than Clowe.

Hypothetically, what would have been the equivalent trade from the Rangers have been? Thomas, Skeji, 1st?

That would have made the Pens deal look like crap and it still wouldn't have been a ton from the Rangers

Hilarious

Equivalent would be something like McColgan/Noreau/1st.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Detroit was trying to win their 3rd straight Cup in 1999. They added Chris Chelios,Ulf Samuelsson,Wendel Clark and Bill Ranford at the deadline to win that year. Detroit lost in the 2nd round to the Avs.

Pittsburgh added 3 old guys. 35,34 and 33 year old players. They made their team slower. Iginla and Morrow. Too bad its not 2003. San Jose has looked better without Murray.

Pittsburgh needs a healthy Letang and Malkin. They need their goalie to be the guy from 2008 and 2009. If Fleury falters,the other guy doesn't have much playoff experience.

This. I'm def not sure that adding vet presence is what Penguins need the most. And does big names with declining performance equal to winning the cup? Rangers says no. Also adding two long time captains can be an issue in the locker room, who knows.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
It's my guess this thing w/Pitt will drive lots of folks crazy. I'm just wondering how many posts I'll read that say more or less:

" we gotta make a trade or we're effed."

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I would say that this is a horrible deal for the Flames, and that Jay Feaster has again proven that he has absolutely no idea what he's doing, but I don't want to upset the contingent of the board that gets so upset any time anyone suggests that NHL scouts or GMs don't know what they're doing.

Thankfully, people like Jay Feaster exist, and continue to prove that this is most certainly a real possibility. Poor Calgary.

....then there's a guy named Shero ; ) ....and yes poor Calgary indeed.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
That train left the station already.

My fault for getting here late.

You actually have to admire them. They're like the bully that shoulders everyone out of the way getting to the chips and dip.

"Ladies and Gentleman the New York Yankees of hockey....the Pittsburgh Penguins...." It's kinda funny right. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I think some GM's might feel some pressure to do something in the wake of this seismic event (yawn). This will only get better as the day goes on. I'd love for the Rangers to be hated that way. It would be great for hockey the way hating the ice chickens is not.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
New York Rangers @NYRangers
The #NYR have signed forward Mats Zuccarello

Katie Strang @KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Rangers officially announce signing of Mats Zuccarello, who is now with team in OTT. Deal is for rest of season, $700 k (pro-rated)

Zuccs officially signed.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
So, since the lockout the Pens have been able to trade for Hossa, Neal and Iginla without really giving up much at all. I understand that it's easier to make a trade when you already have Crosby and Malkin so you can sacrifice some depth but how can they keep doing that when the only useful trade we've made is for Nash and it cost us half our depth?

This Iginla deal was basically the Flames backing themselves into a corner and Iginla ****ing them over the rest of the way.

Iginla is a rental (at this point anyways), and he's not having his best year, and the Flames were constrained by his wishes on where he wanted to go. They could hold on to him and lose him for nothing at the end of the season, or take whatever scraps a team that he wanted to go to would offer.

I mean, it couldn't be an absolutely terrible offer, but Pittsburgh certainly did have to come close to offering any of their good prospects.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

#NYR Rangers officially announce signing of Mats Zuccarello, who is now with team in OTT. Deal is for rest of season, $700 k (pro-rated)

Zuccs officially signed.

Checkmate, Ray Shero!!

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I'm thrilled the Pens got Iginla b/c I loathe the Pens and was resigned to accept that they were on their way to a cup. Knowing Iginla will finally get his deserved cup makes it easy to accept.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY

Zuccs officially signed.

Could he potentially play tonight?

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Clowe would be a decent addition to the bottom six. I have a feeling that if the Rangers are still interested in Boyle, Clowe would be the addition in a deal. Straight up he should commend nothing more than a mid pick and fringe prospect...

Who was the last NHL'er traded that had "zero" goals, and what was his return?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
This Iginla deal was basically the Flames backing themselves into a corner and Iginla ****ing them over the rest of the way.

Iginla is a rental (at this point anyways), and he's not having his best year, and the Flames were constrained by his wishes on where he wanted to go. They could hold on to him and lose him for nothing at the end of the season, or take whatever scraps a team that he wanted to go to would offer.

I mean, it couldn't be an absolutely terrible offer, but Pittsburgh certainly did have to come close to offering any of their good prospects.

Here's the problem. Lev. If the reports are true that both Boston and Pittsburgh were on Iginla's list, then Feaster did his ownership and fanbase a disservice by giving Iginla final say of his destination. I was pissed when Sather allowed Messier that input in 2004. Feaster took a worse deal. How do I know that? It's Feaster, who saw fit to drastically over pay both Wideman and Hudler, not to mention that almost was the ROR waiver situation. Howson may have been unrealistic. Feaster is clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad