Rumor: Trade Rumors Thread Part 5: NYR Interested in Boyle, Gaborik Available (MOD: READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

Continue here.

EDIT:

Folks,

I've noticed that some posters here like to post proposals or ideas they came up with for "feedback". That is not the intended purpose of this thread. This thread is up for trade rumours, first and foremost. Not to discuss "oh, what if that guy was available" or "oh, look at this trade I came up with!".

Also, any rumour must be accompanied with a link or legitimate source. No Incarcerated Bob, no "******* ********", none of that. Things from our beat writers, or insiders like LeBrun, McKenzie, Dreger, Kypreos, etc, are what we're looking for, mainly.

Thank you for you cooperation.

-Zenith

Last edited by a moderator:

Heyoooo*

People that still think Gaborik is injury prone is a direct reflection of the mindset on how many people have a real grasp on him as a player.

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
People that still think Gaborik is injury prone is a direct reflection of the mindset on how many people have a real grasp on him as a player.

Except he is injury prone. He just plays scared now, so he doesn't get hurt. He's afraid to finish checks or to put his body on the line to make a play. He plays a timid game, in an effort to not get hurt.

I can't count how many times I've seen Gaborik reach with his stick instead of move his body towards the puck.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
I'm truly not that versed on the players names being thrown around in a potential Gaborik trade.

However, I've been watching Gabs for a few years now and it seems to me that his skills have greatly diminished over the years he spent in NY.

Given Gabs, salary history (what would a team have to pay him to resign?) in addition to his lack of offensive production, can the Rangers obtain any real value in a trade? Sure, I would kick the tires hoping some GM believes Gabs wasn't used properly in NY. Is he being shopped? Probably. I'm just not sure there is much value currently in moving him.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Gaborik has been pulling up to avoid contact all season long.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Williams, Stoll, Martinez, pick for Gaborik, Bickel, Boyle.............thoughts?.......this will be fun:laugh:

*Bob Richards*

That's fair. But like I said in my post as the last thread closed, basically, Hossa is a ****ing monster tank, who has consistency.

No doubt that Hossa is an amazing hockey player but you can't even use consistency as an argument over Gaborik.

Hossa:
GPG-.427
PPG-.921

Gaborik:
GPG- .442
PPG- .884

I'd say they are pretty damn close.

Heyoooo*

Gaborik has played in 91% (249/275) of regular season games as a Ranger.

Im sorry but thats NOT injury prone.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I do wish that the Malkin for Gaborik proposal I sw from pens fans after his knee injury was still on the board.

Kind of wish Grachev for St. Louis was too.

Heyoooo*

I actually was talking about THIS season, the most important frame of reference when trading a player.

Guess we better start lining up the prospects for Chris Kunitz then.

If past seasons arent considered, why is most of the league calling Slats about a guy with 8 goals?

http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-p...have-called-the-rangers-about-marian-gaborik/

Sorry but you have a weak point. Hes not injury prone, hes proven that in his time here and hes scored 40+ twice in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Did I accidentally walk into the Marian Gaborik thread? :sarcasm:

I thought this was a thread about trade rumors/proposals; not a debate on how soft Gabby is or isn't.

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
No doubt that Hossa is an amazing hockey player but you can't even use consistency as an argument over Gaborik.

Hossa:
GPG-.427
PPG-.921

Gaborik:
GPG- .442
PPG- .884

I'd say they are pretty damn close.

That's fair. I'm just trying to not go by stats. Whenever I watch the Hawks play, albeit the whole team is incredible, I can't help but notice Hossa dominating, whether he is on the stat sheet or not.

Gaborik goes invisible for stretches at a time, and scores many of his goals in large chunks. Nothing wrong with the large chunks, but he doesn't contribute anything a lot of the time, and I'm not talking about points. I'm talking about effort and usability.

BarbaraAlphanse

I don't get why we'd trade for Dan Boyle when the plan is to call up McIlrath anyway.

Stralman is doing a great job and is a lot cheaper. No guarantee Boyle doesn't regress too. This is too common of an M.O for this team - get high priced stars past their prime that never live up to expectations.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I'd deal Gabby straight up for Voynov.

Voynov is only a top 4 now, but he would definitely help our PP and Richards.

But, we also save a ton of money over the coming 3-4 years.

*Bob Richards*

That's fair. I'm just trying to not go by stats. Whenever I watch the Hawks play, albeit the whole team is incredible, I can't help but notice Hossa dominating, whether he is on the stat sheet or not.

Gaborik goes invisible for stretches at a time, and scores many of his goals in large chunks. Nothing wrong with the large chunks, but he doesn't contribute anything a lot of the time, and I'm not talking about points. I'm talking about effort and usability.

This is a fair point as well. I tack that on to different styles of play. Hossa is definitely a more noticeable player.

Heyoooo*

I agree that Hossa is the better overall and more noticeable player, im a Hawks fan as well.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
If we trade Gaborik to LA I'd want Voynov, a first and a forward back. But then again I'm one of the few that enjoys having a 40 goal scorer on the roster

Punxrocknyc19*

Williams, Stoll, Martinez, pick for Gaborik, Bickel, Boyle.............thoughts?.......this will be fun:laugh:

That pick better top 3 overall. Bad deal.. two 3rd liners and 5th dman.. it gives us depth but not quality depth.

Kings dealt Boyle. Doubt they want him back.

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
That pick better top 3 overall. Bad deal.. two 3rd liners and 5th dman.. it gives us depth but not quality depth.

Kings dealt Boyle. Doubt they want him back.

Stoll is a great 3rd liner. Williams can play top six, and would be an excellent 3rd liner. Martinez is a great bottom pair guy to have when Staal comes back.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
Stralman-Martinez
Hamrlik
Eminger
Gilroy

It gives us good defensive depth.

As for the Kings not wanting Boyle back, I disagree. They traded him a long time ago, before Boyle could blossom into an effective NHL player. Boyle is an ideal 4th liner (borderline 3rd liner), great defensive player, and great PKer, with size.

I don't do the deal though. I want more potent return for Gaborik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese