Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
IF and only IF EK goes, which he won't, will be to a hot/sunny climate....don't shoot the messenger....this is from the person who controls the roost, his wife:)
yeah no shit she wants to move there... and also he only has a ten team no trade list. there aren't 21 hot climates.

Last week it was definitely not moving , now its " man IF he does"

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
With Dorion scouting the Oil and talk that Klefbom is playing through injury, I’d speculate that that’s the guy he’s looking at.

He shouldn’t be too expensive, he’s Swedish, young and him+Chabot on the left side with EK+Ceci on the right side is worth a try.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
With Dorion scouting the Oil and talk that Klefbom is playing through injury, I’d speculate that that’s the guy he’s looking at.

He shouldn’t be too expensive, he’s Swedish, young and him+Chabot on the left side with EK+Ceci on the right side is worth a try.

So who would be coming back for Klefbom?

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Trading Hoffman would get rid of another quick shooter. Turris and Zibby could get one timers off occasionally as well but we're down to Hoffman and Chabot with elite one timers , the other like Karlsson and Stone can do them but with weaker shots directed at the net. I don't see how we can trade Hoffman and make the team much better. We need skilled shooters.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Meh rnh for Hoff is not a bad deal. For Ottawa

I agree. RNH is 4yrs younger than Hoff. RNH has only 2 fewer goals, but has played 8 fewer games. So RNH shooting 19% vs 9.5% Hoff. Lifetime S% for both is similar 11%. Do it Dorion. (Maybe Oilers retain some $ and then swap).

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
So, now Dorion has to trade a top 6 scoring winger (Hoffman) who has chemistry with the first Line Center (Duchene) for a second Line Center because he traded his second Line Center (Brassard) to the Penguins. So that will create a need for a top 6 scoring winger. The team previously had a young second Line Center named Zibanejad who got traded for Brassard. Musical chairs a la Dorion. Going nowhere one dumb move after another.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He also watched games in San Jose, Vancouver Winnipeg and Calgary. Maybe there's nothing there.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So, now Dorion has to trade a top 6 scoring winger (Hoffman) who has chemistry with the first Line Center (Duchene) for a second Line Center because he traded his second Line Center (Brassard) to the Penguins. So that will create a need for a top 6 scoring winger. The team previously had a young second Line Center named Zibanejad who got traded for Brassard. Musical chairs a la Dorion. Going nowhere one dumb move after another.

People have floated the "Why would we trade Brass only to acquire RNH" idea in this thread multiple times, but it doesn't really check out.

We traded Brassard because he'll be 32 at the end of his contract and we wouldn't have extended him.

We were in a situation where we could either trade Brassard and recoup some assets for him, or ride him out for another year and most likely lose him to free agency.

So we traded 1 more year of a 2C away. With RNH we'd be acquiring 3 more years of a 2C. Not a comparable situation.

If people want to state they value Hoffman more on this team than RNH, that's a perfectly fine opinion. But to somehow bring in us trading Brassard as a reason to disqualify us from acquiring a different 2C makes no sense considering the age and lack of term with Brassard.

Reactions: chipsens

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
People have floated the "Why would we trade Brass only to acquire RNH" idea in this thread multiple times, but it doesn't really check out.

We traded Brassard because he'll be 32 at the end of his contract and we wouldn't have extended him.

We were in a situation where we could either trade Brassard and recoup some assets for him, or ride him out for another year and most likely lose him to free agency.

So we traded 1 more year of a 2C away. With RNH we'd be acquiring 3 more years of a 2C. Not a comparable situation.

If people want to state they value Hoffman more on this team than RNH, that's a perfectly fine opinion. But to somehow bring in us trading Brassard as a reason to disqualify us from acquiring a different 2C makes no sense considering the age and lack of term with Brassard.

I personally have more faith in our prospects panning out as Wingers than Centers tbh, which is why getting another quality top 6 C would improve our depth down the middle. Sens could afford to lose Hoffman but only if 2 of White, Formenton, Batherson, Chlapik, Brown and our Top Draft pick this year pan out because I know which out the following choice I would go with.... hint #4.

--------------- #1 / #2 / #3 / #4 ---------------
1C-
Turris / Turris / Duchene / Duchene
2C- Zibby / Brassard / Brassard / Nugent-Hopkins

megalomania

Sep 29, 2010
Switzerland

I disagree. Hoffman is a flawed but useful first liner, RNH is a second liner. Hoffman produces more and costs less. RNH plays a position at which the Sens have relative strength in their prospect system whereas there's noone around that could feasibly replace Hoffmans contributions any time soon. Trading Hoffman for RNH leaves our LW depth at: Dzingel and nobody. As it stands second line center is a serious weakness for next seasons but chances to fill it internally are much better than materialising an adequate first line LW out of thin air.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I disagree. Hoffman is a flawed but useful first liner, RNH is a second liner. Hoffman produces more and costs less. RNH plays a position at which the Sens have relative strength in their prospect system whereas there's noone around that could feasibly replace Hoffmans contributions any time soon. Trading Hoffman for RNH leaves our LW depth at: Dzingel and nobody. As it stands second line center is a serious weakness for next seasons but chances to fill it internally are much better than materialising an adequate first line LW out of thin air.

Both Duchene and RNH can play LW, Duchene more so than RNH. Duchene is arguably better at LW than he is at C.

Our prospect center depth means nothing until they actually develop to that point. At which time, we could trade RNH for futures, or help in a different position. Unless we get really lucky, there's no prospect in our system that projects to be an NHL 2C next year.

Not acquiring RNH leaves our center depth just as bad if not worse than trading Hoffman leaves our LW depth.

With RNH, we get a player signed for 3 more seasons versus just 2 more seasons. With Hoffman signed at only two more seasons, which if we cannot extend him amounts to only 1 more season since there is no way this team will be in a position to give up on the 1st round pick they'd get for Hoffman in a trade and let him walk for nothing.

If we were a run n' gun team, I wouldn't do that trade. I think Hoffman thrives in that kind of system. With our current coach, assuming Boucher is staying, RNH is a lot more useful of a player to have. Hoffman hasn't been as good under Boucher as he (maybe ironically if they didn't like each other) was under Cameron, so I think RNH could replace a good chunk of Hoffman's production while giving us versatility down the middle and being a stronger overall two way player. He is also signed to what is a more favourable contract for us (3 years @ 6M vs 2 years @ 5.65M), and given the type of offers we heard of for Hoffman at the TDL (Kyrou+2nd) RNH probably has a similar value in futures if it ever comes down to having to sell him off like we've apparently at least explored with Hoffman.

With that said, guys like Bob McKenzie and Bruce Garrioch are playing down this potential trade, so the good news for anybody who doesn't like it is that it might not be likely to happen.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Get RNH , don't move Hoffman to do it. Thing is Sens move a piece they create a hole .. they have no depth

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad