Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Too many pieces moving to be realistic if you ask me and probably you trying hard to make a fair deal. Likely not a horrendous deal but maybe plug in a piece instead of White and us giving a 2nd... or take away from Edmonton and insert a diff piece.
Fair deal yes. It is just I can't see any up side for Edmonton taking on Ryan and have Lucic on their roster at the same time. The deal obviously has to work financially to the point where it's not going to affect both teams ability to resign players. Edmonton would be giving up a possible #1 center and a #2 Dman.
Ottawa needs good young players in return who are NHL ready.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I could see something like that :

Karlsson + Ryan

For

Larsson + RNH + Puuljarvi + 2019 1st

Ryan is overpaid so is RNH (RFA years) so it offsets the overpayments on each player

Of course, it only happens with an EK extension in place

Trading Ceci or Hoffman for RNH doesn’t make sense at all. Center is maybe the least need for the Sens with Brown, Batherson, Chlapik and White as prospects

If Dorion trade Hoffman for RNH straight up that to me is huge win for Ottawa.

More likely:

Ott: RNH
EDM: Hoffman, Pitt 1st round pick

What? Hoffman has been producing like a 60-70 pts player for years now

That would be a terrible trade

Guys, I was in enemy territory for the last 2.5 days (Montreal). Did I miss anything?

Side note: Whoever designed the road network in Montreal must have done it with his/her eyes closed. I hate driving in that city.

Jaywalking madness, potholes madness, traffic light madness, construction madness no rules for bikes madness or just doesn’t make sense madness

It’s insanely bad. Outside of that and the Habs, it’s a great city

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I don't even know why RNH would be on the radar.

Overpaid small soft 50ish point center who was absolutely useless in the playoffs last year.

With White Brown and Chlapik trading good assets for him is rediculous.

If we're getting a center RNH is not the answer. Draisaitl and Klefbom/Larsson/Nurse are the only attractive options from EDM (outside of picks and prospects)

Last edited:

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I really don't get this fascination with RNH, he's not a very good player and certainly not a difference maker. It must be because he was a #1 pick but he's never come close to being worth his contract. Stay away from that shit.

I'm also seeing Klefbom being described as a #2 D, are you kidding me? Where did that come from, the mainboard's description? The Sens already have 4 better D than him. Stay away.

Even Draisaitl, I don't get it. Nice young player but he is about to be paid like a top 10 centre, way overrated. Stay away.

I honestly don't get the attraction to these Oiler players, overpaid and overrated. All of them are nice complimentary players but nothing worth giving up significant assets.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I really don't get this fascination with RNH, he's not a very good player and certainly not a difference maker. It must be because he was a #1 pick but he's never come close to being worth his contract. Stay away from that ****.

I'm also seeing Klefbom being described as a #2 D, are you kidding me? Where did that come from, the mainboard's description? The Sens already have 4 better D than him. Stay away.

Even Draisaitl, I don't get it. Nice young player but he is about to be paid like a top 10 centre, way overrated. Stay away.

I honestly don't get the attraction to these Oiler players, overpaid and overrated. All of them are nice complimentary players but nothing worth giving up significant assets.

Who are our 4 better d than Klefbom?

Reactions: Pocket Dog

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Didn't RNH have to have shoulder surgery for chronic shoulder problems? Iirc, it's not something that can be fixed 100% (once a shoulder starts popping out, it'll always be loose...something like that?). For a thin body, I'm not sure about the long-term viability with him.

Joider

Aug 13, 2012
Ottawa
We can rely on Bruce to get to the bottom of it and let the fans know what the real scoop is right?

Well to be fair, it's not like his information isn't accurate. Although, I will admit he is a complete suck up to the organization, but I don't really see how he could put that sort of spin on this.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well to be fair, it's not like his information isn't accurate. Although, I will admit he is a complete suck up to the organization, but I don't really see how he could put that sort of spin on this.

Yah.. sorry ,, I just question what he reports.. He tends to report what the org wants him to vs digging for a story that might expose something.,.. In this case ... there either is nothing going on re: Edmonton, or that's the word the org wants out there. Its pure speculation for sure that anything is going on at this point. With everything that has happened this year , its not surprising there is speculation when Dorion sees a team play in back to back games in two different cities. He also saw San Jose twice and they were a team reported to be interested at the deadline.

Reactions: Joider

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I really don't get this fascination with RNH, he's not a very good player and certainly not a difference maker. It must be because he was a #1 pick but he's never come close to being worth his contract. Stay away from that ****.

RNH is not the same player he was when he was drafted. He was touted as a playmaker out of Red Deer, but this year has more goals than assists. Recently he's been on McDavid's wing, but if he were traded to Ottawa, he would be the easy choice to become the #2C.

That is not saying I want Nugent-Hopkins in a Sens uniform, but he is a better player than you describe.

Also as Dave Sparky Allison said, can you name these 4 D better than Klefbom?

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Who? are you including Karlsson in this equation?

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Pageau+ for Kleft. Let Edmonton keep RNH for the wings if they want.

Im thinking Dzingel+Pageau for Kleft+3rd?
Pageau is cemented as staying after Brassard was traded. Our C depth without Pageau is literally Duchene, Smith, O'Brien lmao that's gotta be second worst in the league only ahead of MTL. White and Chalpik aren't close to being ready.

Also, Edmonton laughs and hangs up the phone. Klefbom while he's struggled this year is still a solid top 4 guy signed on a great contract.

We give alot of other fan bases shit for saying "karlsson is done" after like 3/4 of a season but there's a bunch of people here doing the exact same thing to Klefbom. "We have 4 d better than him?" really? He was super solid last year, he didn't forget how to play hockey in 70 games. He's playing injured and for a garbage team.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I'm sure you can figure it out. I'm not saying you don't watch but tune into a few Oiler games, these guys aren't that good. The amount of criticism some of the present Sens get would pale once those guys got here with their inflated salaries.

I honestly can’t figure it out. Karlsson of course, and I’m sure you’re including Chabot, but not sure after that.

I don’t watch a lot of Oilers games, but our blueline isn’t great either. To say we have 4 guys better than Klefbom would mean he’s real bad, and I’m not sure that’s true.

How many Oilers games have you seen this season out of curiosity?

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
IF and only IF EK goes, which he won't, will be to a hot/sunny climate....don't shoot the messenger....this is from the person who controls the roost, his wife:)

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Useful player but not somebody I'd go out of my way to acquire. I don't feel he brings much more than skill down low and a net front presence.

As for this Edmonton stuff, the first domino that has to fall is what is going to happen with Karlsson. Nobody knows what direction this team is going and our plan with him should determine that. At this point, any RNH speculating is just reshuffling chairs and frankly Hoffman is a better talent and rarer commodity anyways.

I’m an Oiler fan and I have a sneaky suspicion Karlsson is going to LA. They will trade Doughty to Leafs for Mariner

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I guess Dorion saw the Drouin trade for Montreal and now he wants to top it?

Sergachev for Drouin?

Hold my beer.

Karlsson for RNH.
#flawless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad